Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

John O'Kelley Northern Ireland -> Ohio, USA

• 16-07-2010 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I am looking for any information regarding my 3rd great grandfather. His name was John O'Kelley (dropped the O upon arrival in the USA), born approx. 1815. He must have emigrated to the USA before Oct 1841 as his son John William Kelley was born in Ohio in Oct 1841.

John O'Kelley's wife is reported to be one Lucinda. I have no further information about her.

Family rumours say he was from County Cork. It could be possible that he was born in Northern Ireland and his family moved to County Cork and then emigrated from there...

Any hints or news would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Urbanomad,

Have a read of the stickies at the top of the forum. You really need more than a county to go on for that early period, particularly what religion and a parish because parish registers are what you'd need to look at. Most people don't get further back than the famine, so to already be back to the beginning is good going.

Pinky

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 urbanomad

Cheers Pinky,

I wrote on this forum because I thought that someone could have access to records. I do not have the resources to travel around countries. I have provided all the information I have, so far. One never knows, someone could be looking for the same person and have a bit more information than I have and therefore I will have gotten another bit.

Advertisement