Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, what you playing at the mo? Retro Edition

• 18-07-2009 9:54pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Me, I'm playing a bit of Metal Slug X, Micromachines, Einhander via PSP and about to play some Daytona on the Saturn, anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Lethal Enforcers 1 & 2. After all these years I finally got my hands on the rare pink player 2 justifier lightgun. Dual weilding is way too much fun!

Most recent MVS games are Magical Drop 2, Metal Slug 4 (Just need 3 & 5 now) Viewpoint, Shock Troopers (So much better than the sequal!) and Blazing Star.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

All week playing Smash Tv on the Nes, mad for a go of Fable on the xBox sometime soon though.:pac:

While travelling to work on the bus, Mario Kart Advance and Sonic Advance.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    Lethal Enforcers 1 & 2. After all these years I finally got my hands on the rare pink player 2 justifier lightgun.

Are they worth much, have two justifiers for the megadrive?

For me I'm playing a lot of Warcarft 2 expansion pack and Warcraft 3. Also finally got around to playing system shock 2 after all these years and it hasn't disappointed.

Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Are they worth much, have two justifiers for the megadrive?

The blue one no. The pink one yes. I paid 45 euro to get one from the states. Might sound expensive but I saw one sell for 89 sterling about two weeks ago on ebay.co.uk.

It's rare because it wasn't released in stores. You had to fill in a card and send off to Konami for one.

As far as I know it was so they could have one generic pink gun that would work for the Megadrive and Snes. The box doesn't mention either console.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Used to have the box as well until recently when my mam threw it out :/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think I have lethal enforcers for the MegaCD somewhere, must dog it out, while I still have a TV that can play it!
    Retro games I simply must get back to:
    Formula1 '97,
    SkullMonkeys,
    Perfect Dark,
    Super Metroid,
    Super Mario Land 2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm playing nothing retro and it's depressing :( I'm seriously missing my collection, however I'll have a week off next week so the PS1 is in for a bit of loving with some theme hospital and gran turismo. I'll also have some money left on the aul 3v card after booking my theory test, so going to get a vmu so that I can finally get into the games I have on the 'cast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Star Trek: Birth of the Federation.

Micro management at its worst but I love that bloody game

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Crowman

Parasite Eve (The first one) on PS1.
    Not that far in as yet, but it's ok so far...

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Ah brings me back to the days of carpet bombing the Cardassian homeworld with 30 Defiants class starships. Its such a good game that sucked days out of you.

Indeed, I have lost weeks to that game.
    I am jumping up and down waiting for the fan made sequels

I loved once that I had 60 Klingon birds of prey at legendary, in 1 fleet. Was taking out Borg cubes for fun

• Advertisement

I did the same thing I was chasing a borg cube halfway around the galaxy and I didnt notice that the crystilline entity had wiped out most of the Romulan empire:) Made my job a lot easier (as you can see I didnt do diplomacy!)

Diplomacy in the game is broken anyway

as is intelligence. i hate that it is near impossible to instigate wars, between two other powers

Stupid parents moved all my PS1 and Saturn games up to the attic yesterday and achieved nothing because I just took them back down. I was a lot more worried when I thought they might have brought them to the market and sold them :/

Stupid parents moved all my PS1 and Saturn games up to the attic yesterday and achieved nothing because I just took them back down. I was a lot more worried when I thought they might have brought them to the market and sold them :/

You have got to hope that they do not read this thread and get ideas

Master of the Universe

Is there any particular market your parents frequent?

>_>

<_<

Yea they also have a tendancy to gang up on you early on. Hence why pretty much every planet in my empire produces starships!

Playing at the moment. Got the Edo and the Benzites early on. Edo guardian is defending that planet which is my major research base and the Benzites are pumping out ships

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

The psp is handy to play the retro games on.

Seem to spend hours playing Pheonix.
    I bought arkanoid from xbox live and thats a disaster once you start playing it. Next thing you know its the middle of the night. Speedball 2 still gets played when the lads come round for a few beers.

I still have an amiga and kick off2 comes out once in a while too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm playing a few bits and boobs on the PSP as well, Super Mario World, again and Kirbys Dreamland, fantastic, and after commenting on it the other day, I started playing a spot of Defender II on the 2600 emu for the PSP, its great, I own it proper too, but the PSP is a tad more portable than the 2600! I tried the original Defender port to the 2600 as well, mother of god, it sucks almost as much as Pacman did, amazing how bad they made it, and yet, like Ms Pacman, the sequel is far far superior.
    Reckon Atari just rushed them out, flooding the market with that kinda crap, sales returns indicating that they should try harder next time, which they did!
    Didn't stop it all crashing in 83 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Playing Laser Squad on my Speccy emulator, would play on the real thing but its in a box as "its" room has long since been taken over by children. No one warned me about that side effect of having kids.:mad:

Oh and I love Pacman on the 2600 even though its cack. It was one of the first video games I ever played. I think the year we got the 2600, we only had that and Combat to play, my older brother stayed up for 11 hours playing it!

Come on Dynamite Headdy is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Come on Dynamite Headdy is great!

Gave it a good spin on the UMDC during the weekend, got fairly far into it and it just gets more bizarre with each level :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭mack flyer

playing sensible soccer on my snes emulator and its as addictive as it was in the early nineties...

Master of the Universe

Pete Sampres Tennis. I never considered liking a tennis game until I rented that game out. Turned everything on it's head. So much fun.

Heh, just got a phone call from my mam -

'A guy just drove up to the house in a car and handed me a huge box full of cassette tapes...?????'

Must be the Spectrum games! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Playing Laser Squad on my Speccy emulator

i play that from time to time, but the one i always go back to is Chaos
    a nice reimagined remake of it is found here
    http://www.scalari.net/chaos/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Super Metroid on the Snes

How come I never played this before?? :eek:

Master of the Universe

atariman wrote: »
    Super Metroid on the Snes

How come I never played this before?? :eek:

I still haven't either. Oh the shame, the shame of it all.

o1s1n wrote: »
    I still haven't either. Oh the shame, the shame of it all.

FFS sort that out as soon as possible! You aren't a gamer unless you have played that!

Master of the Universe

FFS sort that out as soon as possible! You aren't a gamer unless you have played that!

Right, you just shamed me into buying a copy on ebay. :pac:

I take it the cart uses a battery back up to save progress? Probably have to change that before I start playing. Or could you get through the whole thing in a really long sitting?

You could get through it in a really long sitting but you will probably get stuck. And die a lot. So change the battery first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Does the EU copy of super metriod have German subtitles?

Bloody download for wii does :mad:

• Advertisement

Yup, my physical copy of Super Metroid has some super freaky german subtitles, not happy with it, but it's better than not having a copy at all.
    I played and finished it the first time around in all it's english, big boxed, giant manual glory, finishing that was a good day, oh yes, a good day indeed.

Playing Rogue Galaxy now, not strictly retro I know, but it is not in the current gen and is awfully good, I can see it gracing the DS at some point though.

Advertisement