Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Skoda Superb Sportline VS Style-Specs

• 07-03-2019 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Thinking of purchasing a Skoda Superb (2018) as family car. Have been doing plenty of searching online but cannot see what the difference in specifications are between the Style and Sportline models except for the obvious visual items like seat material, Spoilers, Alloy Wheels etc.

Can anyone advise on what the key differences are in terms of standard equipment on each.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭MarkN

kodirl wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Thinking of purchasing a Skoda Superb (2018) as family car. Have been doing plenty of searching online but cannot see what the difference in specifications are between the Style and Sportline models except for the obvious visual items like seat material, Spoilers, Alloy Wheels etc.

Can anyone advise on what the key differences are in terms of standard equipment on each.

At a reasonable guess without specs in front of me, lights, black exterior bits, sports bucket style seats, perforated steering wheel, lowered suspension etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Sportline doesn't get Nav as standard, Style does.

Sportline is an Ambition spec car with the sportline pack added essentially.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kodirl

Sportline doesn't get Nav as standard, Style does.

Sportline is an Ambition spec car with the sportline pack added essentially.

Thanks, does the Sportline have the facility where headunit can be linked to iPhone/Android to use google maps?

Yes, but the amunsden Nav is a cheap option too (about 300) so worth considering for the skoda connect element and being able to track the car.

Yes, but the amunsden Nav is a cheap option too (about 300) so worth considering for the skoda connect element and being able to track the car.

Apologies for all the questions, but the car is second hand so I'm assuming this cannot be added?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

The Superb Pricelist has all the features of each specification listed.

Current price list - https://az749841.vo.msecnd.net/sitesenie/alv1/0346ad2c-2fc6-4400-99e1-7df8a1de0dcf/%C5%A0KODA%20Superb_Jan%202019.a5b1847b63caba33522c4f9e0b45d367.pdf

May not be 100% correct, but I don't there's been any changes in standard equipment since the start of last year. If there has been then they'll have been minimal.

R.O.R wrote: »
    The Superb Pricelist has all the features of each specification listed.

Current price list - https://az749841.vo.msecnd.net/sitesenie/alv1/0346ad2c-2fc6-4400-99e1-7df8a1de0dcf/%C5%A0KODA%20Superb_Jan%202019.a5b1847b63caba33522c4f9e0b45d367.pdf

May not be 100% correct, but I don't there's been any changes in standard equipment since the start of last year. If there has been then they'll have been minimal.

Perfect. Thanks. I'm surprised to see that it does not come with a reverse camera on the Sportline spec as standard? You'd imagine it would have been included at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Thanks, does the Sportline have the facility where headunit can be linked to iPhone/Android to use google maps?

All Superbs from 2015 have Smartlink, so support both Android and Apple.

Apologies for all the questions, but the car is second hand so I'm assuming this cannot be added?

Nav no but all the radios should be ok for Android auto or carplay.

Some UK ones it might not work in but it can be activated by a dealer for a couple of a hundred. Irish cars have it standard. UK sportline get Nav.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,975 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I've been considering a Superb recently, and at first glance its like night and day looking at a Sportline v Style models.
    Edit: sorry, that was Octavia's, for some reason the Style in the Octavia is a lot blander in terms of styling than the Style in the Superb.

Sportsline is belting looking.

Edit: just checked http://www.skoda.ie/models/superb/superb
    and I see that the Style is actually above the SportLine

• Advertisement

Looking st superb combi’s myself and the style does look extremely well specd but lacks the exterior looks of the sportline. Sportline combi’sin 2016/2017 are non existent in Ireland though. Just to clarify would a style from say 2016 support apple CarPlay? I only played around a little with the radio but not for long enough to see an option.

Also any easy way to compare Uk and Irish trim levels. Same as with vw the totally different trim naming is very annoying if looking at UK cars (over there or already imported). The Business model (what’s with a number if car makers calling a model the “business model”) appears to be very similar to the style spec.

Anything with MIB2 so from week 22 2015 build will do carplay. Only issue is if it's not activated.

Anything with MIB2 so from week 22 2015 build will do carplay. Only issue is if it's not activated.

Is it difficult/possible to get it activated?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Duffers1983

Have a 191 sportsline myself. Comes with 19 inch alloys, panoramic sunroof, reverse camera, front sensors, apple/android carplay, tinted rear windows, ambient lighting,alcantara seats, heated front seats and it a hell of a lot better looking than the style

Is it difficult/possible to get it activated?

Dealer just gets an activation code and job done. Unless it's an import it's most likely activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Duffers1983

It also come with Skoda connect so you can track the car and also contact emergency services in case of an accident.

Thanks for the info folks. Did the deal on a 182 pearl black dsg sportline today. Collecting next week.

Thanks for the info folks. Did the deal on a 182 pearl black dsg sportline today. Collecting next week.

Sounds lovely, well wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Congratulations. We'll look forward to a few photos in due course.

Have you a link to your car?
    Will understand if you'd rather not post a link.

• Advertisement

Well folks I meant to put a pic up last week when my wife collected the car. I must say I'm almost jealous of her now, it's after setting the idea off now for me to change my own car :-) She's very happy with the Superb. A noticeable step up from the Tucson and the space is exactly what we needed for the child car seats and boot area.
    https://ibb.co/3rjZ0nj

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

I must say I'm almost jealous of her now, it's after setting the idea off now for me to change my own car :-)

Ditto. My wife got one, now we have two!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

Well folks I meant to put a pic up last week when my wife collected the car. I must say I'm almost jealous of her now, it's after setting the idea off now for me to change my own car :-) She's very happy with the Superb. A noticeable step up from the Tucson and the space is exactly what we needed for the child car seats and boot area.

Looks lovely well ware

Thats a beauty, well wear.

Put me in the notion for one now.:D

NIMAN wrote: »
    Thats a beauty, well wear.

Put me in the notion for one now.:D

Thanks. I would certainly recommend on taking one for a test drive. I was pleasantly surprised by the car tbh. A lot of car for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Belfast

Skoda Superb common problems

Skoda SuperbGo back 30 years and the thought of Skoda producing a luxury car would be beyond comprehension. Now the Superb has put all doubts to rest making a serious and affordable entry into the large family and executive car market. And to really silence all the critics, it has a great standard of engineering to back up its stylish and imposing profile.

However, as with all cars it is not immune to problems and faults and there are several danger signs that any buyer should watch out for when on the scout for a quality second hand vehicle. Use this list of issues to check you don’t get caught out.

Fuel Leak

Skoda Superb 3T 2.0 litre diesel vehicles made between 2009 and 2011 were recalled to due to problems with the high-pressure fuel pipes springing leaks. Service centres rectified the issue with anti-vibration weights, but you’ll need to check the service history to ensure the work was completed.

DSG Gearbox

Cars with DSG gearbox systems have been known to suffer from difficulties. Watch out for problems shifting between first and second gear, especially jerky changes with the car not quite engaging the gear in a timely fashion. Software updates to this system have also been questionable, making this a potential problem you’ll want to avoid.

Fire Risk Recall

If the Skoda Superb you’re thinking of buying was manufactured between 2008 and 2009 then watch out for a recall. Problems with the heating element caused a widespread fear that the car could catch fire on the road. Check in the service history to see if your vehicle was recalled. All that was needed was a simply retightening of the earth element, rather than a whole replacement part, so make sure you’re on the safe side.

Keyless Entry

This is an easy one to spot. If the Skoda you’re looking at buying has a KESSY entry system then be aware that this may not function at close proximity. Make sure that you see the owner unlock and lock the car to ensure that this system is fully operational.

Alloy Wheels

All Superbs have a problem with their alloy wheels, which are known to degrade and rust prematurely underneath the lacquer, prompting changes during services. Make sure your give the wheels a good once over looking for signs of early wear.

Water Leaks

Have a good nose around the front of the car and pay attention to the bottom of the windscreen. Leaves and other debris that collect here could cause blockages in the vehicle’s drainage systems, leading to leaks in the interior of the vehicle and impacting the functioning of the electrics.

ABS Sensors

If the owner points towards the dashboard concerning the ESP, ABS or tyre pressure warning light and tells you not to worry, the chances are that the system in the vehicle is OK, but the ABS sensors may well be damaged and in need of replacement. Whilst this is an easy fix you’ll want to be sure of the culprit before parting with your money, so perhaps get the car checked out by a mechanical friend.

Tailgate

Take your time to open and shut the tailgate. There is a known problem with the hinges needing constantly lubrication and if this isn’t applied in a timely fashion then the movement can be impacted. A simply enough job that can lead to problems if not carried out properly.

If you want quality motoring that offers a good ride over the long haul that the Superb is a fine choice. Available in 5 and 6 speed manual variants as well as a 5-speed automatic there’s something to suit every drivers style in the range alongside both power and economy engines.
    https://www.breakerlink.com/blog/cars/skoda-superb-common-problems/

Thanks. I would certainly recommend on taking one for a test drive. I was pleasantly surprised by the car tbh. A lot of car for the money.

Nearly too much car!
    They are big yokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Have my pearl black ambition since Feb, absolutely love it. I couldn't quite stretch to the style/sportline. The 2litre 150 bhp diesel is amazingly economical with plenty of grunt emerging as the km's build up, love the auto hold brakes(after I got used to it:rolleyes:)

Advertisement