Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Demons Souls

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

It's pure luck with becoming the 3-3 phantom. You just have to be within 20 levels of the dude playing the level.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rossism

to the few on this who are new to demon souls dont worry to much with levelling at the start.I happilly fought threw 1-2,2-1,2-2,3-1,3-2,5-1 all under level 40 or so. the 4th world was the hardest to fight threw the first time but only really attempted it when i needed to farm souls.

and to the others on newgame+ , i havnt noticed much of a difference:confused:

only in the power of enemies attacks? just me:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

rossism wrote: »
    only in the power of enemies attacks? just me:confused:

what weapons are people using?

I've got the winged spear up to +8 but I guess I'd like to use something that makes use of my magic ability (without having to always apply white sticky stuff)

Is the soulbrand or demonbrand worth using?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

L31mr0d wrote: »
    what weapons are people using?

I've got the winged spear up to +8 but I guess I'd like to use something that makes use of my magic ability (without having to always apply white sticky stuff)
    I was using a winged spear +4 until I found a blessed mace +1 as the blessed mace does additional magic damage. Also blunt weapon does more damage to the skeletons in 4-1 which is where i go to get some souls if I need items. No need for sticky white stuff with that mace.

I've just found a dragon longsword +1 and upgrade it to +3 and it does more damage than anything I have and it has inherent fire damage so no need for oil turpine stuff.

I'm surprised you don't use a kris as you seem to be very magic focused and the kris increases magic damage. Then again, I'm pretty new to the game so a lot of the content I haven't seen.

combine demonbrand and soulbrand to get north regalia.

its probably the strongest sword in the game, although i could be wrong.

usally switch between that and my dragon longsword+5.

so what soul level is everyone?:)
    im roughly 120 or so.

• Advertisement

CodeMonkey wrote: »
    I'm surprised you don't use a kris as you seem to be very magic focused and the kris increases magic damage. Then again, I'm pretty new to the game so a lot of the content I haven't seen.

I do use the the Kris Knife but it doesn't do magic damage and does very little physical damage. I just use it, along with the ring of magical sharpness and the silver catalyst to buff my magic power.

But I'd like to start using a melee weapon and I'm wondering which I should be going for. I'm having a read of the wiki atm as I'd like one that gives me magic and dexterity bonuses. Was thinking about the rune sword but it does so little physical damage it wouldn't be worth upgrading. I'd like to get one that has a decent balance between physical and magical attacks. Might try out the Dozer Axe and buff it with "light sword"

Also, how do I combine the demon and soul brand swords?

For soul levels, yeah I'm around 120. Probably 118 or something. Haven't really touched upgrading faith and luck, mostly upgraded dexterity, magic, will and vitality.

to combine demon and soulbrand go to blacksmith ed(i think thats his name) in 2-1.

give him the false kings soul and youll get north regalia.it basically combines the effects of both swords. so whatever your world tendency youll still get a magic and physical attack bonus.

Currently soul level 176 on NG++, not as a big jump as NG-NG+, giant goblins still a pain in the a**.

as for use of magic in a weapon go moon based, moon winged spear etc. crescent weapons are good too, stamina recovers faster, i'm flicking between cresent kijii+5 or moon winged spear 5, depending on the enemy. with the kijii you can get in 3-4 hits for around 700-800 damage. moon winged i mainly use for armoured guys, where you won't get in many hits. have'nt really bothered with any of the unique weapons, the only thing i found north regalia hany for was against the dragon god, it'd knock the debris in 1 swipe. and of course get your vicious compund bow ASAP.

North regalia, you need the demon and soul swords, demon from the old one, soul from king doran. Then beat allant and combine his soul with the other 2. demon brandt works with soul tendency, for pure white\black you get +135. Have'nt really bothered with soul tendency yet.

and soulsucker is very handy against the bearbugs. BTW using it against black phantoms will not shift your soul tenedemcy to white.

Dozer Axe will kill your mobility, its not that great either, its basically a slower keel smasher it will knock opponent to grouind, but a turtle could get out of its way.

cheers for the tips, gonna upgrade a winged spear using moonstone.

Also, is it worth while killing all the NPC's in the nexus before I start newgame++? Do all of them come back again?

Also, King Doran.... has anyone killed him? What's a good weapon or magic against him?

doran is a hard charachter to kill with melee attcks and most offensive magic.

its basically a straight forward fight chip away at his health and try not to get hit or youll die.

or you can take the easy road , walk up to the door of the room hes in, slowly walk forward until your in range and cast posionous cloud or death cloud. if he starts walking toward you run back across the bridge until he begins to walk back. then just wait until he dies. itll take a few castings until he dies if your on newgame+.

• Advertisement

Yeah death cloud, in particular to track where he is. Then pop up every now and then to fire an arrow into him and run like feck. Or have good mobility, and a good sword.

worth killing the NPCs, i'm doing the mephistocles contracts at the moment, had to ake out the blue dude in the nexus, dirty beggar and vendor in world 1 to get my tendency black for mephisto to appear. Of course you have to have had freed yurt(i killed him 10 secs later). You'll get colorless souls off her and the talisman of beasts and its the only way to get the FOE ring.

Moving soul arrow has blown me away, took out flamelurker in 40 seconds with it, 1600 per hit. I don't know why i did not pick it up in ng or ng+. I'm actually going at the dual katana skeletons now, normally i went the slow way of bow\run\wait\repeat.

Must upgrade the crap out of the adjudicators shield, came up against a phantom with it and his regen was ridiculous.

Errrr, I got pushed down this trap in 4-2 last night to Saint Urbain. After freeing Saint Urbain I killed the guy who pushed me down. I was wondering who he was and just looked him up. It turns out to be Patches, the guy that sells me heavy arrows...duh.

CodeMonkey wrote: »
    It turns out to be Patches, the guy that sells me heavy arrows...duh.

Yeah he also would of sold you white arrows, sticky white stuff and ephemeral eyes later on in the nexus. I had to really resist the urge to kill him the first time.

I feel your pain, i did the same in NG and in NG++ the bearbug explosion somehow scared him off, have'nt seen him since.

So i've decided to stick with buffing magic. Been watching the phantoms and they seem to either max out magic related stats or they go for the strength. Came up against a black phantom for the 3-3 boss. My endure and vitality were around 34 each, i'd king dorans armour(one of the best fire defenses), i saw the phantom run to side of the entrance, i went through fog rolled imediately, he cast firestorm and it was game over, i was in full body form. The more i think about it there was no way around it. so defo getting my magic up to 99.

So i've decided to stick with buffing magic. Been watching the phantoms and they seem to either max out magic related stats or they go for the strength. Came up against a black phantom for the 3-3 boss. My endure and vitality were around 34 each, i'd king dorans armour(one of the best fire defenses), i saw the phantom run to side of the entrance, i went through fog rolled imediately, he cast firestorm and it was game over, i was in full body form. The more i think about it there was no way around it. so defo getting my magic up to 99.
    If you were blocking with the purple flame shield then should you not survive firestorm? Were you blocking? That shield should have 90% damage reduction to fire damage when blocking with it.

I usually run from exploding bearbugs but I am pretty sure I can easily survive the explosion if i am facing it and blocking. Must check later.

He dropped it the second i walked through the fog so i'd no chance for a shield besides it was the dark shield i had. Thought about it some more, next time i'm bringing anti magic field that should've sorted it, i'd say it'd have pretty much screwed the dude, because i'd say his Vitality\strength etc was nothing to mine.

Anyone have any idea where black phantom selen vinland is? its driving me nuts just need her to get weapons trophy . 3 playthroughs and no sign of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

hi ,how long does it take to complete this game

I reckon you could do the 1st playthrough in around 50 or so hours. Of course you can keep on playing, i've 180 hours up now.

Yeah it's pretty good value and it's one of the few games fun enough for me to keep playing on new game plus.

• Advertisement

The only bad thing about it, is it will affect your time with other games, apart from infamous and 3 rounds on tiger wood 10, i've put no other PS3 game in my PS3 since may and i pretty much had every title up to then.

BTW finally got the black phantom Selen Vinland and weapons trophy, clever rats ring and vicious compound bow with light arrows made it a very easy battle. Should have the magic, miracles and rings trophy on the next play around. Pulpstone and bladestone are proving difficult.

A few words of advice, stick to magic user or pure melee, don't try to balance it out like did.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

So it seems a lot of people have this already :D, is there a European release date yet? Thinking of importing the deluxe edition when it comes out Oct 6th in the U.S.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

Have it pre-ordered off videogamesplus.

Looking forward to it.

When did the VG+ delivery get so expensive???? they're charging €9.53 now, it used to be €5 :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭jomz27

Niska wrote: »

Looking forward to it.

are they accepting paypal? and when does the game will come out?

Niska wrote: »

Looking forward to it.

You won't regret it. I haven't come back to it in a while myself after completing it and starting my second run through (got distracted with Valkyrie Chronicles and Call of Juarez on the PC), but I'd love to jump into some games with some Demon's Souls n00bies when it drops in the US and EU.

By jump in I mean bust into your game and KEEEELLLL you... muwhahaha!!! :pac:

Has there been any word if there will be compatibility issues between the US and Asian releases does anyone know?

Also, you might as well know this now, but after playing through this game when ever anyone on TV or in a movie uses the word soul, this paragraph will chime off in your head :D

"soul of the mind, key to life's ether
    soul of the lost withdrawn from its vessel
    let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...
    so the world might be mended"

I'm ordering it from here, it's cheaper, and no risk of customs charges

Standard edition http://www.axelmusic.com/productDetails/730865001323

Deluxe edition http://www.axelmusic.com/productDetails/730865001330

• Registered Users Posts: 27,319 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Cheers for that, just ordered the Deluxe - €55 all in, can't be bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭xeni

ShaneU wrote: »
    When did the VG+ delivery get so expensive???? they're charging €9.53 now, it used to be €5 :mad:

Afaik it depends on the weight of the package, if you check the Standard Edition you'll see that the delivery on that is 5 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Hey people

I love RPG games. I loved Oblivion and am waiting for dragon age origins to come out in November. Thats when i heard of this game.
    I did some research on the game and from what i heard, this is a difficult game. Is that true? I heard that every time you die u have to restart the whole level over again. is that true? Also, can we not save anywhere we want? Or does it have a checkpoint like mechanism?
    How is the graphics and other aspects of the game?

I am still trying to decide whether i should buy this when the western version gets released in October.

Advertisement