Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

#1 in Ireland???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

have a look at this page (scroll down till you see my post, and read from there)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=54371&perpage=20&pagenumber=2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭*NemesiS*

Soz wasent on-line last night so i couldnt reply. Anyway got a few points to bring up, firstly i notice theres quite a few peps wanna go to this and tbh this will have to be set at a time when theres a LAN takin place in cybermart and tbh it cant accomodiate for that many peps, ill have a talk with the LAN organiser in waterford and find out just how many places will be available to go around.
    As for the date it'll obviously have to be in august as im going on hols this saturday to spain :p
    As for the cash involved i want to know exactly how much ur willing to pay Koopa, and before the duel i want it on the table. As for anyone who doubhts my ability the reason i havent posted any demos on quake.ie is because Koopa is gonna get the damn fright of his life and i dont exactly want him pulling out now do i ???? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Young, so naive. Lad quit while u still have ure dignity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

Originally posted by NEXUS
    Young, so naive. Lad quit while u still have ure dignity.

I have to admit the above advice is the best iv heard since this tread was open....Koop run hes gonna demolish u...
    now ppl have to start the betting and odds coz weve talkd about everytin but money which wont be for a while..
    Nemesis 40 Koopa between 5 - 10..I nearly beat koopa last night..my third time playin it in a week,,probably coz i just have the skill..not my fault:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Originally posted by SyxPak
    I'll mosey on down too I think.
    Waterord is a good bit away from home, but if someone can show me a horizontal surface suitable for slepping upon and the local pub I'll bicker not.

Pubs in staggering range and there is a room in CM which can be used to sleep in i think or do what one person did at the last lan and sleep in my big leather executive chair while i was playing Tekken 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Dudes...

If this happens during a weekend - I'll put €50 in the pot...

Purely just to see Koops crack another "skill 1" quip while raping a poor innocent...

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Bender ive beaten u on slosh

im willing to bet 2 grand like i said earlier

although im not willing to travel around with that kind of cash like

if i lose we'll take a trip to the local bank..

theres gonna be enough people there to make sure the loser pays up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Heres a better idea,

Since Nemesis can't 'accomodate' people going down to waterford, why not come up to Dublin. I will pay for your train, plane or what-ever transport you require to get up. I'll even pay for your accomodation.

I will hire a netcafe for a couple of hours, I'll even bring a big overhead projector screen, a few crates of beer, a bit of music, some pre-match duels, spectators are welcome to come.

Now, whoever looses, fits the bill and pays me back. Fair enough? (said in my best don king accent)

eric i think the problem is that nemesis cant bring up his pc to dublin,

i on the other hand (with the help of vin-****) can bring my pc to waterford

also, if he has to pay all these bills after he loses, hes not going to bet me 2 grand on the outcome is he, as he'd only be able to afford like 1 grand after paying the bills

nemesis what speed is your pc? i assume we're both going to be playing on our own pcs (mines a p3-850)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Nem, don't listen to them. Koopa is the most over rated player in Ireland. He did well in some QuakeWorld compition a few years back and reckons he's the **** but to be honest any half decent quake 3 player can beat him around.

I myself have beaten him in almost every game we have ever played. To the best of my knowledge he has only ever beaten me once by using cheap ass tactics and running like a little girl.

I agree with Mindphuck, you should come up to Dublin if you can and we will make a day of it. That way you can show him up in front of more people and make sure you get your prize money (2 grand sounds about right for a grudge match of this size).

I would also like to say its about time a player with a bit of skill decided to shut that annoying arab up. Hes been talking himself up for so long now he must be starting to believe his own crap.

(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Gerry

maybe he can't bring his pc to dublin, but he can bring his mouse and his cfg. I'll donate my pc for his use if needed. ( p3 933, geforce2 gts ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

ah koopa making another one of these crazy bets....ya didn't win the last few sam..what makes ya htink this time will be different?....over confidence will be your downfall.

You dont need to bring your PC. It will be in a net cafe, with FAIR pc's and on a LAN with FAIR pings.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

Koopa is a complete noob...he always makes these stupid bets and it costs him money. Lucky his partents are loaded an just keep giving him cash to waste.

Although i've never seen it go this high..but its not his money so u might as well take it off him..

Koopa had to leave trinity after he kept losing money to all the CT boys ...

if only he could keep his mouth shut..he might actually be able to afford a decent machine to play on .

I hope u own him nemisis so then koppa will be put in his box forever.

Ro.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

and anyone remember when koopa had to pay 1 grand to T4-DEMON after losing? its why he wasnt able to upgrade his pc last year...

Koopa I object to having you in the same clan as me. You arent fit to clean my rail...

DeV.

yes but i was just very unlucky in all my other bets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

ever heard the saying "a fool and his money are soon parted"?......I think it applies to you in this case Koopa.(fooleen)

well i dont care im going to win this bet anyway, nemesis is just a big boaster

remember the way he claimed to be able to beat nightmare anarki 10-0? no demo? lol???
    like im that stupid, noone could beat nightmare anarki 10 - 0, i knew he was bull****ting since day 1 and im going to prove it, winning 2 grand in the process .. hes a robot for ****s sake, how can you beat a robot that never misses? this'll be the easiest 2 grand ive ever won

hahahaha

they.. Just.... dont.... understand ...

• Advertisement
  • Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Christ, this is a little hard to digest...
    Will it be all talk and no action, or will the war commence, valiantly obliterating the grassy plains into a rocky, molten infested wasteland, in a hail of depleted uranium slugs and plasma bolts!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭*NemesiS*

Originally posted by Koopa
    well i dont care im going to win this bet anyway, nemesis is just a big boaster

remember the way he claimed to be able to beat nightmare anarki 10-0? no demo? lol???
    like im that stupid, noone could beat nightmare anarki 10 - 0, i knew he was bull****ting since day 1 and im going to prove it, winning 2 grand in the process .. hes a robot for ****s sake, how can you beat a robot that never misses? this'll be the easiest 2 grand ive ever won

This sounds a little bit laughable to me, either your taking the piss trying to make me sound stupid by trying to get me to go on and tell you i can everytime knowing its piss easy to do or else your serious (god i hope not) because honestly if you are i wont just beat you, you'll be going home crying!!

Either way it makes no difference to me, you dont seem to grasp the fact ive seen you play plenty of times and unless you've played way below your usual standard in every demo ive seen you honestly do not have a chance of touching me. (Sorry to sound so cocky but you just force me to such lengths :p)

Quick edit here i forgot u asked for my PC specs
    Athlon xp 1700+
    256 ddr
    Geforce3

This will prolly be my last post til after my hols, so i'll cya all when i get back, :)

have fun!

and by the way i bet you forgot to put the skill to nightmare BEFORE you add the bots, thats probably why you think the bots are so easy!
    i was doing this for ages until bunny told me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

We should make a full fledged Quake lan outa this and get the whole community going. Who's up for this? :)

this thread is gettign too long, maybe start a different thread for "people who want to come to this lan" or something on this board?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

I closed this but

[09:49:51] [Koopa]: i meant "can everyone post all lan-related threads onto a separate thread, and keep this thread for mud-slinging between koopa and nemesis please"

heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

I can't believe I left this thread unread for so long. I heard *Nemesis* and Koopa were having a bit of a bravado bragging match about their respective l33t talents, but I didn't know it had grown to this.

OK, well firstly I've never seen Koopa play, so I don't know how good/bad he is. I have seen *Nemesis* play, and he is a good player, a very good player. Better than me, of course, but I'm just a Quake n00b who prefers CS (oh god I'm gonna get killed for saying that in a Quake board :D).

Next time I get the opportunity I will download a demo w/ Koopa in it and see exactly what *Nemesis* will be up against.

As for the amounts of money/systems that are being wagered, although I do enjoy the hype, I really don't think a few games of 1v1 quake merit *that* large a wager. Koopa I really think you're being serious when you're betting €2000 against someone you have never seen in action. If you're that confident of your abilities then fair play to you, it's only money (and pride :) ) but I will be supporting *Nemesis*. In fact I'll probably put something like €10 - €20 (small potatoes :) ) on the match in question and I'll try to make it to the LAN if a day is arranged (and if there's enough space for me). I don't know if there's someone on the other side who's willing to see that wager ;).

I don't think I've seen people building themselves up so much on boards, even in the CS boards, but what do I know :rolleyes: If a day is arranged it should be a good match, and I don't just refer to the Koopa Vs *Nemesis*

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

U havent seen Koopa play have u?. Nemesis, cant be that good, if he was we would of heard of him. he has pld noobs and beaten noobs thats y he thinks he's so great. He better wake up fairly ****in lively.

SAM, NORM LOVES U BABIE!!!!!!! ;)
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

I think it is quite obvious that sam will win. Sam I aint gonna wish u luck coz u dont fuckin need it, ur gonna win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

i'll put 5 euro on *NemesiS*

Advertisement