Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭VitreousLife

eoh70 wrote: »
    Did Amazon have them up for sale today?

Yeah they said it’d be for sale at 12pm - tried for a solid 45 mins and just happened to have another try at about 1pm and managed to get one!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Talking about the PlayStation 5 launch and availability on Newstalk at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Just played an hour of Astro's playroom. Brought a smile to my face. Joypad is incredible. It's a game changer if developers embrace it. First impressions of the console overall are very very good. So smooth, quick and responsive. Pulse headset also better than I was expecting.

No crashes or bugs for me thus far thankfully.

Also, the increase in download speeds is great. Downloaded Demon Souls in less than 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Evilbart

Amazon order arrived about an hour ago.

Just downloading demon souls.

First impressions love the UI and console is silent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Random one. Has anyone come across a long 4 meter charging cable for the PS5 controllers. Had two for the PS4 ones, but the PS5 charging cable is a different type. Cheers

You just need a USB micro to C adapter if you already have the perfect length cable

Not sure where to get them but you should be able to get them for peanuts

https://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/raspberry-pi-cables/1875394/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

No USB C cable in the box? Or was mine just missing?

Bit annoying, I'd prefer one of them over yet another HDMI.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Talking about the PlayStation 5 launch and availability on Newstalk at the moment.
    It was mentioned a few times on Newstalk today and to be honest, I want one now! I'll get one next year for sure though. My other consoles will keep me going until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

corcaigh07 wrote: »

It’s easy to miss. The cardboard piece on top... one of the cubic parts of that can open and it’s in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

corcaigh07 wrote: »

It's in the box

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

lertsnim wrote: »
    Unfortunately it is only offering full price downloads. Probably just a glitch that will be rectified

An update to this is that the Mortal Kombat 11 free upgrade works just fine so I'm sure AC Valhalla will fix itself eventually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Staplor

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    It's in the box

It's in there, hidden, I missed it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Are the people who have a silent console all using the digital one by any chance?
    (Haven't got mine yet but ordered the other one)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Are the people who have a silent console all using the digital one by any chance?
    (Haven't got mine yet but ordered the other one)

Digital console, very silent and not warm after a few hours of spider man

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Glad it wasn't just me that missed the cable :)

I have a physical and just a small hum from mine, sounds completely fine. Got louder when copying from a disk which took longer than i thought it would. Calmed down after the disk finished copying.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Got mine setup there.

Spiderman MM,
    Ghosts of Tsushima &
    Warzone

Are all downloading now.

Can't wait to get cracking later, will start with Astro.

Very impressed with the UI so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Very impressed with how easy it was to download my PS4 games.

I kind of wanted a fresh start with the PS5 so just wanted to download FIFA 21 and F1 2020.

Scroll across to game library and every game is there and you just click the ones you want to download. Simple yet brilliant.

Download speeds are more than doubly quick in comparison to what I was getting on PS4.

Loving the UI although it is taking me a while to get used to, for example holding the PS button no longer brings up the options for turning off etc.

Got NBA 2K21 and COD: Cold War installed so I’m good to go now.

I’ve had the console in my hand since about 7:40am but had to pop out for the afternoon so haven’t played anything on it yet! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Played MM for about 30 minutes and decided to go back to Astro and finished that instead lol

Too many controls to learn when I'm already exhausted for MM, it can wait until tomorrow :)

So far loving everything about th console,
    0 issues for me so far but I haven't used rest mode or an external HDD yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Have Ghost of Tsushima, God of War and Days Gone downloading in the background as I want to see how they run on PS5. Just starting Demons Souls now and it looks incredible.

Also interested in Valhalla and Cold War, but can't justify shelling out more right now! Will probably wait for Valhalla to drop in price and get the ultimate edition next year, maybe get Cold War a bit sooner if it drops a bit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mentioning a hum from the disk. For me RDR2 when installing, thought the Ps5 was going to fly around the room. I'll be keeping an eye on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Astro annoyed me. First place I went had some claw game with a handle. How am I meant to know I've to collect coins as it's the very first place I visited before I even saw a coin. Turned it off(let it sync with ps4 really), demanded myself that I returned to work in another room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Zero-Cool wrote:
    I have a physical and just a small hum from mine, sounds completely fine. Got louder when copying from a disk which took longer than i thought it would. Calmed down after the disk finished copying.

Have a hum as well. Louder when playing any game digital or disc. The disc drive is loud when loading a disc game or copying the disc data but that seems normal. I'm hoping the hum isn't an issue but seems loads are having the problem based on a Google or twitter search. I'm sure its something that will become normal as we get used to it.

Anyone know what our come back would be if there was a fault. Go back to smyths or get onto Sony. Presume there's a years warranty?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Yeah, now that I'm actually playing something I can notice the slightest hum. I'm not concerned though.

There is a year warranty (technically 6 under consumer law), and you would first go to Smyths if this was some sort of fault, but I don't think it is.

Berty wrote:
    Mentioning a hum from the disk. For me RDR2 when installing, thought the Ps5 was going to fly around the room. I'll be keeping an eye on that.

Think that's normal based youtube. It dies down after the data is copied and the game is launched.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Wing126 wrote: »
    Yeah, now that I'm actually playing something I can notice the slightest hum. I'm not concerned though.

There is a year warranty, and you would first go to Smyths if this was some sort of fault, but I don't think it is.

I have the same as you, slight hum but surely this is normal? I doubt a console can be completely silent when running a game.

Paul MCM wrote:
    I have the same as you, slight hum but surely this is normal? I doubt a console can be completely silent when running a game.

True, I hope so now that a few if us have the issue. Its only noticeable really when sound off or there's a pause in sound in the game. I'm prob being extra paranoid and it's something you just learn to ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭weemcd

Finally got a tracking update after impatiently refreshing the page all day. I'd say 50/50 chance it's delivered tomorrow/Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

True, I hope so now that a few if us have the issue. Its only noticeable really when sound off or there's a pause in sound in the game. I'm prob being extra paranoid and it's something you just learn to ignore.

Exact same as me to be honest, when I’m playing the game I hear nothing but if I mute it i can hear a slight hum. I’m going to just turn the tv volume up and forget about it. Otherwise I’ll drive myself mad and convince myself it’s broken

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Wing126 wrote: »

There is a year warranty (technically 6 under consumer law), and you would first go to Smyths if this was some sort of fault, but I don't think it is.

The lad in Smyth's earlier told me it was a 1 year warranty and they ask to go to Sony first for support and if they can't help come to Smyth's.. just nodded and said yep of course because I didn't want to be *that* guy at 8am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

So Miles Morales keeps starting up with splash screens for me. Is this happening to anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Really enjoying Miles Morales so far. Fun game to play and looks great!

Haven't put Demon Souls on yet maybe later.

So far very pleased with every aspect of the console I've come across. Only thing I noticed was the disk drive being very loud when installing games from disc. It quiets down soon as finishes.

Advertisement