Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PS5 Stock Updates - *READ FIRST POST*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Dubdude wrote: »
    Cannot add Irish billing address looking for UK only when setting up and account

Parcel Motel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Curry's UK will have have a queue system and there will be probably 30000 people in queue for it. This was the case the last two times they had them for preorders. Better to try Amazon and Harvey Norman.

Also they tend to cancel some orders randomly for security reasons.

If you want to go Parcel Motel route, John Lewis will have them in UK and they are the best retailer you could ever deal with. Every high value item shipped same day with next day DPD delivery and extremely well packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭koolkunz

How long does parcel motel take after retailer delivers package to parcel motel virtual address?

Also will Amazon UK deliver to dublin or parcel motel is the only way?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MaccaTacca

dan786 wrote: »
    Curry's UK will have have a queue system and there will be probably 30000 people in queue for it. This was the case the last two times they had them for preorders. Better to try Amazon and Harvey Norman.

Also they tend to cancel some orders randomly for security reasons.

If you want to go Parcel Motel route, John Lewis will have them in UK and they are the best retailer you could ever deal with. Every high value item shipped same day with next day DPD delivery and extremely well packed.

Would you need to use Parcel Motel for JL?

Pretty sure they ship clothes etc to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

MaccaTacca wrote: »
    Would you need to use Parcel Motel for JL?

Pretty sure they ship clothes etc to Ireland.

From their website but have both addresses registered just in case.
    FREE delivery to the Republic of Ireland when you spend £50 and over (£7.50 if you spend less)
    Delivery 2 - 3 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lfcsean101

silly question but am i better to be logged into say amazon from now or wait until 12 tonight ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Whats the craic with coupon needed on gamestop?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lfcd24

What time for John Lewis?

lfcsean101 wrote: »
    silly question but am i better to be logged into say amazon from now or wait until 12 tonight ?

Dont bother with either as they said 12pm tomorrow mid day. Amazon are always bang on time. They said 9am last time and they went live exactly then.

bush wrote: »
    Whats the craic with coupon needed on gamestop?

These are for those who preordered in store. They wont have any guaranteed as they still havent filled half their original preorders which they have been taking for 2 years now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lfcsean101

Dont bother with either as they said 12pm tomorrow mid day. Amazon are always bang on time. They said 9am last time and they went live exactly then.

Oh i had thought it was midnight tonight ?

lfcd24 wrote: »
    What time for John Lewis?

8am was when they went live last time so would expect same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lfcd24

8am was when they went live last time so would expect same.

Any more confirmed times I'm missing out on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 maxxpot77

No word about whether Littlewoods will have pre-orders, is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭T. Hanks

Lads, don't mind times. Be sure to be checking regularly from now until launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Fully confirmed now, 9am not 8am (but check before)

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Argos UK email just came in. Doesn't mention IE but based on everything we've heard all week, it's pretty safe to assume they'll have none either.

brainiac wrote: »
    Argos UK email just came in. Doesn't mention IE but based on everything we've heard all week, it's pretty safe to assume they'll have none either.

Argos Ireland wont as per their comms from head office to stores, I asked a friend who manages one of the stores and he said they got no stock in today and if they were selling any, they would have got them delivered today. I feel for the guy who was out to prove me wrong in every post and saying I was spreading false news and Argos will definitely have them.

Argos Ireland had communicated day earlier to tell people they will have Xbox. So if they had PS5 they would have done the same.

The original post needs to be updated with all info, this thread is going to be a mess by tomorrow morning so would be better to have all confirmed places and times in the first post and updated as more info comes.

Argos Ireland wont as per their comms from head office to stores, I asked a friend who manages one of the stores and he said they got no stock in today and if they were selling any, they would have got them delivered today. I feel for the guy who was out to prove me wrong in every post and saying I was spreading false news and Argos will definitely have them.

Argos Ireland had communicated day earlier to tell people they will have Xbox. So if they had PS5 they would have done the same.

Had been saying it for the past week.
    My GF literally works there and they were told by head office a while ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭T. Hanks

Fully confirmed now, 9am not 8am (but check before)

Hope their servers can cope :eek:

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Had been saying it for the past week.
    My GF literally works there and they were told by head office a while ago.

A certain person on here has been claiming they will and everyone else is wrong. Their whole info was based on Argos having a PS5 in a picture on their homepage which has been there for almost a month now.

They even said Argos got in sold out accessories which was false as they never got any headset / charging stations in last week. This claim was based on the fact they were able to buy a controller from them which is available everywhere.

T. Hanks^ wrote: »
    Hope their servers can cope :eek:

Probably won't.
    I think people should stay off Currys and maybe I'll check if the site if working Ok.

I'll defo report back here...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Just flagging that John Lewis won't ship some items internationally. I put a dual sense controller in my basket just now and tried to checkout and it said it won't it internationally. So I assume it's safe to say the same message will come up with the PS5.

Pipmae wrote: »
    Just flagging that John Lewis won't ship some items internationally. I put a dual sense controller in my basket just now and tried to checkout and it said it won't it internationally. So I assume it's safe to say the same message will come up with the PS5.

Parcel Motel.

Pipmae wrote: »

Yeah Parcel Motel is the best way to go with them, John Lewis are a brilliant company to deal with overall.

You will need to be quick as thousands in the UK will be looking for one as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭koolkunz

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Parcel Motel.

I have never used parcel motel before, how long do they take after delivery is done by the retailer? I need to get it delivered in/collected from dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Pipmae

koolkunz wrote: »
    I have never used parcel motel before, how long do they take after delivery is done by the retailer? I need to get it delivered in/collected from dublin.

Normally two days at most but with the Christmas rush, etc it may take longer. I find them brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭guil

Did you read the rest of the email? They have none available but says they will update in advance when they have stock

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    Did you read the rest of the email? They have none available but says they will update in advance when they have stock

Yes, but people want it for launch. They will not have any for launch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement