Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PS5 Accessories

• 15-11-2020 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hey Guys, does anyone know where i can get the Charging station and the Headset?

They're sold out everywhere i checked.. its one thing having the console sold out but i dont understand why the accessories are also sold out 🀔

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Hey Guys, does anyone know where i can get the Charging station and the Headset?

They're sold out everywhere i checked.. its one thing having the console sold out but i dont understand why the accessories are also sold out 🀔

Smyths had the charger this week. They seem to release some and they sold out so might be worth keeping an eye during the week. I got one myself but they sold in less than an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

Anyone buying an alternative to the Pulse 3D headset? Reading a lot of reviews and looks like it's great "for the price" but I'm looking to have a gander on Black Friday for some good deals on better headsets.

Any suggestions? Definitely want to make the most of the new 3D tech.

Anyone buying an alternative to the Pulse 3D headset? Reading a lot of reviews and looks like it's great "for the price" but I'm looking to have a gander on Black Friday for some good deals on better headsets.

Any suggestions? Definitely want to make the most of the new 3D tech.

I have a Bose headset that worked great on my PS4, so hoping it does the same job on my PS5. Will hold off buying the new 3D headset for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

wired Bose or blutooth as I couldn't get my QCII's to work with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ManUnited123

Do bluetooth headsets work with PS5 over bluetooth? I have the Sony WH XM10002.. Will they work wirelessly?

• Advertisement

Skerries wrote: »
    wired Bose or blutooth as I couldn't get my QCII's to work with it?

Mine are wired, quiet comfort 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭brady12

Just a warning to anyone . I got the steel series arctis 7x to cover both new gen consoles but the chat mix dial doesn’t work on ps5, yet anwyay . Slightly annoying . But an unreal headset all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

brady12 wrote: »
    Just a warning to anyone . I got the steel series arctis 7x to cover both new gen consoles but the chat mix dial doesn’t work on ps5, yet anwyay . Slightly annoying . But an unreal headset all the same

Steel Series have said they are releasing an update for the headsets, SteelSeries Pro + GameDAC as well, to optimise these for PS5. Its because of the way Sony have implemented USB Audio apparently, suppliers just have to update to catch up.

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Steel Series have said they are releasing an update for the headsets, SteelSeries Pro + GameDAC as well, to optimise these for PS5. Its because of the way Sony have implemented USB Audio apparently, suppliers just have to update to catch up.

Any idea when that he ? How will we update them usb from laptop to headset to upload patch ?

Any idea when that he ? How will we update them usb from laptop to headset to upload patch ?

It should be soon, people are hounding them for it and SS are normally decent. Yeah, plug in the headset to laptop and update through their software I'd imagine, that's the way it is for the Arctis Pro anyway!

(Selling a Arctis Pro + GameDAC if anyone's interested!)

• Advertisement

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    It should be soon, people are hounding them for it and SS are normally decent. Yeah, plug in the headset to laptop and update through their software I'd imagine, that's the way it is for the Arctis Pro anyway!

(Selling a Arctis Pro + GameDAC if anyone's interested!)
    Thanks for telling me that lad , I was annoyed it didn’t work !

No hassle man, here's the blog post I read anyway!

https://steelseries.com/blog/playstation-5-ps5-compatible-headsets-382

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

It probably won't work at all, Steeleseries switched out the chat mix dial on the Arctis 7 and 7x headsets for a mic monitor dial on the PlayStation specific 7p headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Random one. Has anyone come across a long 4 meter charging cable for the PS5 controllers. Had two for the PS4 ones, but the PS5 charging cable is a different type. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭guil

It's just usb C is it? You could get an adapter or a usb C lead anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Random one. Has anyone come across a long 4 meter charging cable for the PS5 controllers. Had two for the PS4 ones, but the PS5 charging cable is a different type. Cheers

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8137391/Trail/searchtext%3EPS5+CHARGE.htm
    Twin pack of 3m cables.

Cheers, used to be forever buying usb leads for the ps4 because the kids would break them

guil wrote: »
    It's just usb C is it? You could get an adapter or a usb C lead anywhere

Yeah seems to be just a standard USB C cable.

Super thanks a lot. I’ll grab some of them now. Just handy to have when you are sitting far away from the Tele and you have forgot to charge the controller .

Seems to be cheaper here on Amazon

3M Twin Premium Braided Play & Charge Cables For PS5 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08LLM97VN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabt1_Z0PTFbE3JEV4F

• Advertisement

So i was able to order one at Harvey Norman yesterday, turns out the idiots didnt have them in stock and are now telling me they will get it after 21 days.

Is it availible anywhere else?

3M Twin Premium Braided Play & Charge Cables For PS5 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08LLM97VN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabt1_Z0PTFbE3JEV4F

They are not the same ones

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

For anyone looking for the PS5 Charging Station or Headset, DID have them in stock, but their website is broken. Just bought the charging station on the phone just there! You just need to call them, apparently over 100 headsets and like 30 charging stations.

https://www.did.ie/dualsensetm-charging-station-playstation-5-9374305-prd

https://www.did.ie/pulse-3dtm-wireless-headset-playstation-5-9387800-prd

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Random one but. I’ve been given the go ahead from the missus that I can set up a bit on gaming room.
    I’m looking for a monitor for my console. Anyone got any suggestions for some not huge but with decent spec. I know the PS5 is 8k compatible but I’d say that’s crazy expensive. But I’d be looking for something 22”-26” maybe 4K if anyone can guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

14murphy wrote: »
    Random one but. I’ve been given the go ahead from the missus that I can set up a bit on gaming room.
    I’m looking for a monitor for my console. Anyone got any suggestions for some not huge but with decent spec. I know the PS5 is 8k compatible but I’d say that’s crazy expensive. But I’d be looking for something 22”-26” maybe 4K if anyone can guide.

There's a separate thread for monitors /TVs!

https://boards.ie/thread/2058114179/6/#post115364265

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭jj880

Sweet - read this thread lookin fer a charge dock but think i'll get these instead

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭jj880

Actually I like the idea of the magnetic connections on the argos ones - will get them instead for few quid extra. Dont fancy havin to replace a 70 euro controller because of a damaged usb c port.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Anyone know is it OK to charge the new PS5 controllers with a Samsung charger from a Notre 20 Ultra or other new Samsung phone?

I have my PS5 rest mode disabled. When it is not switched on and I want to charger the controller. I don't want to have to turn it on just to do that. Once they fix rest mode it won't be an issue as I will have it in rest mode all the time.

Thanks,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    Anyone know is it OK to charge the new PS5 controllers with a Samsung charger from a Notre 20 Ultra or other new Samsung phone?

I have my PS5 rest mode disabled. When it is not switched on and I want to charger the controller. I don't want to have to turn it on just to do that. Once they fix rest mode it won't be an issue as I will have it in rest mode all the time.

Thanks,
    M

I did mine a few times, it worked fine.. i used the charger for the Note 8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I did mine a few times, it worked fine.. i used the charger for the Note 8.

Great and thanks. How long did it take? How did you know when it was fully charged?

Cheers,
    M

Advertisement