Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dualshock 4 and move controllers fupped?

Options
  • 26-09-2020 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

Having not used my PS4 for a few months (maybe 5) , I went to fire up the VR the other day.

One of my controllers wont turn on or charge. The light bar glows orange once when its plugged in but thats it. If i hit the PS button to turn it on the lightbar flashes a few times (seems to be different amounts each time I push it). The controller is the newer version .

My move controllers seem to be dead too, both of them. If I hit the PS button the charging led flashes quickly for 10 secs or so. If I plug them in, nothing happens. Theyre the PS4 ones with micro usb charge ports.

Ive tried different cables and theyve had wsken magnetic charge cables in them from new. Tried pushing the reset button on them too.

Anything else I can do to revive them or are they dead? They dont get heavy use so its not a case of being used so often theyre broken.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Sounds like the batteries are just drained.
    Let them charge for an hour or 2 to see how they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

For the controller, seems like it's not paired maybe? Plug the cable into the controller and into the PS and then press the PS button on the controller. As for the Move controllers, as F1ngers said, give them a good charge and see how they go then.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Appologies, I forgot to put in that I'd left them charging for ages to see.

I did plug in the move controllers this morning both flashed for a while like they were charging, not sure how long that lasted, but it was more than a couple of minutes that I was keeping an eye. Couple of hours later and both had stopped, with no change to before.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Sounds like the batteries are goosed in them tbh.

Forgot to get back to this, sorry. I ordered a battery on ebay and stuck it in the dualshock controller. It made no difference. Very same behaviour which I found odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

are you charging them from the console or an external battery or something like that? I think they should be charged from the console, i've tried charging from external batteries before and sometimes you let it sit there for hours with nothing happening.

Ive a 10 port anker charger behind where I sit that I use to charge the xbox and playstation controllers.

Ive grown to be much fonder of the xbox method of removable batteries lately tbh.

One of the young lads controllers had the stick drift issue so took that apart, put the known good battery from his in to my controller and it worked. So made 1 good controller for him from it.

Just have to address my move controller issue now and try get decent batteries for them.

Anyone know where they can be gotten?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Have you tried to trickle charge them from a laptop before using a mains charger?

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Have you tried to trickle charge them from a laptop before using a mains charger?

Yeah, tried all sorts to get them going. Very infrequent use seems to have killed the batteries.

Move controller batteries don't seem to be all that easy to get.

I even contemplated buying new move controllers, but nowhere seems to have them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Have you reset the controller's?
    They have reset buttons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭atr2002

https://www.adverts.ie/21634531

Saw these while i was looking for move controllers. Everywhere seems to be sold out.. are they discontinued?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭atr2002

Finally found new ones. The twin pack is on Amazon Spain for €120

Advertisement