Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 ready Tv’s/Monitors

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

TitianGerm wrote: »
    https://www.rtings.com/tv/discussions/STsNQBSn71CXvOJa/sony-officially-concedes-vrr-and-allm-is-cancelled

Saw this in the Xbox TV thread. Sony not going to offer VRR on the XH90

There have been some updates on this. Looks like Sony at the very least will be offering VRR that works with the PS5 on the XH90. There is still communication from Sony that full VRR (from the HSMI 2.1 spec) might also come in a future firmware update.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/discussions/STsNQBSn71CXvOJa/sony-officially-concedes-vrr-and-allm-is-cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The 31.5" LG oled turns out itsn't made by LG displays, it's made by a crowd called JOLED. They make some other monitors for other industry but seem to be moving to supply panels for the consumer side of things. So there could be some more future smaller OLED coming.

The LG displays' 42" doesn't seem to be included in any of the manufactures 2021 lineups so could still be a year away before it ends up in someone anyone can buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Equium

Has anyone here bought the LG NANO86 TV?

I'm very tempted by the 49" model from RicherSounds for €729. It's the lowest priced 4K 120Hz TV I've seen with HDMI 2.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

I have a Samsung q60r 55 inch it is not 2.1 hdmi

Is it worth my while keeping it or selling and buying a new one with 2.1 hdmi to get the most of the ps5

I could really do without this now but knowing I'm not getting the full use of the ps5 will annoy me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Went to buy the q80t last week, was 1050 and now it's 1300 :pac:

Went with the LG BX.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

petes wrote: »
    Went to buy the q80t last week, was 1050 and now it's 1300 :pac:

Went with the LG BX.

Same as, I am very happy with it I have to say...

I was actually going to get the CX from Powercity and use the 300 one4all this morning but they couldn't deliver it to me (Dundalk) which I thought was odd

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

The Sony A90J looks phenomenal and alleged to hit 1300 nits.

This’ll definitely be my next TV purchase Black Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭kkontour

Looks like a PS5 update will be released next month to fix the 4K 120hz HDR issue on the Samsung QLED TV's
    https://wccftech.com/ps5-system-update-4k-120hz-hdr-samsung/
    Glad to hear having invested in both

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Can anyone recommend a 40 to 50" TV in or around the 500 euro mark for PS4/5 and for watching footy or at the price range am I kidding myself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭kkontour

py2006 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a 40 to 50" TV in or around the 500 euro mark for PS4/5 and for watching footy or at the price range am I kidding myself?
    You could ask in the RicherSounds Talk to... section
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1105
    Very helpful guys

Just got the LG BX delivered today, tis great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Hi guys does anyone know if these wipes would be safe to use on Samsung Q90T QLED?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Individually-EOTW-Computer-Antibacterial-Cleaning/dp/B07JPH38L8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭xtal191

Hi guys does anyone know if these wipes would be safe to use on Samsung Q90T QLED?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Individually-EOTW-Computer-Antibacterial-Cleaning/dp/B07JPH38L8

I've tried loads of different wipes, sprays etc and nothing comes close to this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B078QQRKWL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

Looking at getting this as a work from home/gaming option:

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B081TR5BMH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anyone here have any experience with this type?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

xtal191 wrote: »
    I've tried loads of different wipes, sprays etc and nothing comes close to this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B078QQRKWL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Probably should have mentioned I already have the wipes here just wondering if I could use them with a QLED...

Might buy that spray though also

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It's says on that not to use it on a "retina screen", and by that I'm going to guess they mean not to use it on anything with an anti glare coating which most Samsung have.

Honestly wouldn't trust anything other than a microfibre cloth that's damp not wet with water.

If you had a really tough stain then you could use really really diluted rubbing alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Ok so on a budget of say 699 could someone recommend a TV

Samsung have pqi ,Sony xr and lg true motion

Some TVs have 2.1 hdmi but only 100hz others have 120hz and 2.0

I know I won't get a top spec TV but any recommendations would be appreciated as it's all above my head

If there is none in my price range please let me know of what to expect . Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

If you can find a tv for 699 that has 4K/2.1/120hz I'd be VERY interested in what other compromises are there. I wouldn't worry about ticking all the boxes, pick the ones that are the most important to you and find the best TV that has those features. Is 20FPS the most important factor to you? Don't forget HDMI 2.0 can't do 4k/120hz, only 1080p/120hz.

We have two 4K TVs in the house, one cost €1400 and one cost €400. The pricier one is OLED, the cheaper one is LED. They're both HDMI 2.0b so they have broadly the same features on paper but there is absolutely no contest between the picture quality and colours etc on the OLED. I'd take that over a higher framerate any day. The number of games running in full native 4K/120 is going to be quite low for a long time, you're better off planning for the best 4k/60 experience you can get because that's going to affect more of the games you play over the next few years IMO

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,073 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Also just to stress that TrueMotion is *not* a selling point - it’s the feature you turn off immediately as the very first thing you do when you boot up your new TV :pac:

• Advertisement

Also just to stress that TrueMotion is *not* a selling point - it’s the feature you turn off immediately as the very first thing you do when you boot up your new TV :pac:

I actually have it set to a VERY low level (I have 3 different sliders for it on my TV and they're all set between 1-3 out of 10). For some reason the Witcher on Netflix looked a little bit juddery in some scenes but that subtly smoothed it out. I'm very senstive to soap opera effect but I found a very very slight amount can be beneficial.

I def wouldn't seek it out though, especially on a cheaper set.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

We have two 4K TVs in the house, one cost €1400 and one cost €400. The pricier one is OLED, the cheaper one is LED. They're both HDMI 2.0b so they have broadly the same features on paper but there is absolutely no contest between the picture quality and colours etc on the OLED. I'd take that over a higher framerate any day. The number of games running in full native 4K/120 is going to be quite low for a long time, you're better off planning for the best 4k/60 experience you can get because that's going to affect more of the games you play over the next few years IMO

Have you any recommendations?

I'm afraid not, I haven't looked at any TVs in this price bracket. It might be worth popping down to your local harvey norman and checking them out in person, it's very hard to recommend something based on spec sheets. I had an idea of a few I was interested in but I ruled them out withing a few seconds of seeing them in person because blacks or viewing angles were horrific etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Hi All,

Just reading through ,the LG BX seems to be quite popular here.
    Not a clue what the difference is between OLED and QLED or tvs in general :pac:
    But seems the best bang for buck,where would people say it the best place to get it?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just reading through ,the LG BX seems to be quite popular here.
    Not a clue what the difference is between OLED and QLED or tvs in general :pac:
    But seems the best bang for buck,where would people say it the best place to get it?

Thanks

Best bet is to wait until April/May for clearance sales. I picked up the B9 OLED last year for €1100 and absolutely love it. I’d say you could get the next step up CX for around that this year and I’d highly recommend.

QLED is just marketing BS for LCD with a layer of quantum dots for increased colour volume. They suffer all the drawbacks of LCDs that are never fully mitigated even by top tier FALD LCDs.

I have the 55" B7 and I'm still regularly blown away by the image, even though I got it in 2018 and it was almost a year on the market at that point. OLED tvs really are an incredible investment. FWIW I believe QLEDs get brighter so are better in bright environments than OLED, but otherwise there's very little to recommend them IMO

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Best bet is to wait until April/May for clearance sales. I picked up the B9 OLED last year for €1100 and absolutely love it. I’d say you could get the next step up CX for around that this year and I’d highly recommend.

QLED is just marketing BS for LCD with a layer of quantum dots for increased colour volume. They suffer all the drawbacks of LCDs that are never fully mitigated even by top tier FALD LCDs.

I might try and hold off until then maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

Hi all. Looking for a cheapish option, about 27". What would be acceptable for about 300 euros.
    I realise I won't get 4K or hdmi 2.1 but for a younger user so don't want to splurge too much.
    Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27,752 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Megager wrote: »
    Hi all. Looking for a cheapish option, about 27". What would be acceptable for about 300 euros.
    I realise I won't get 4K or hdmi 2.1 but for a younger user so don't want to splurge too much.
    Many thanks

Look for a monitor at that size. You should get 4K 60Hz for around €300.

• Advertisement

I went for a rummage and 27" TVs seem to be rare, 32 is now the standard 'small' screen.

Off topic but who in their right mind is buying a 'HD Ready' TV in 2020!? 720p only screens were a bad investment in 2007 when the xbox 360 and PS3 were new on the scene, seeing them still available new for a few hundred euro is mind boggling.

Advertisement