Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FPL Wildcard Thread 2020/2021

Options

Comments

Whats gone wrong?

Even without knowing your team I would hold - is set up to be a made seasons with big peaks and troughs

Don’t know to be honest.

Just don’t like the look of it.

Didn’t last week.

I may be losing interest in the game and this may be how it’s manifesting.

I say that because I don’t seem too bothered by the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Don’t know to be honest.

Didn’t last week.

I only ask because I feel the same myself. Not happy with my team all, made lots of bad decisions - but not arsed about the whole thing.

Have made transfers on the Saturday the last two weeks and then just left it - was tempted by the WC this week - but I just couldnt be bothered

• Registered Users Posts: 18,219 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Don’t know to be honest.

Didn’t last week.

Surely you don't need to be that drastic? I thought I was bad taking a -4 straight after WC and planning another possible one the week after!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Basic enough wildcard question. I've triggered it this week already. I have Werner already and might hang onto him. Good chance though he will go down 0.1 in the next day or so. Can I transfer him out for someone random and transfer him back in for potentially 9.4 a day later ? Or is that blocked somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I might make changes to front 8 yet, will see how kdb and Jimenez go tonight. Would like to fit one of Son or Kane in after yesterday’s performance, and with the fixtures they have for the next few weeks.

Kepa is putting me off chancing James, so that position is up for grabs. Dunne might come into thinking as well, depending on how long Tarkowski and others are out injured

Kepa is finished at Chelsea, Mendy will be straight in for the next game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Basic enough wildcard question. I've triggered it this week already. I have Werner already and might hang onto him. Good chance though he will go down 0.1 in the next day or so. Can I transfer him out for someone random and transfer him back in for potentially 9.4 a day later ? Or is that blocked somehow.

It's not blocked, take him out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Feel like by the end of this match I'm gonna want Podence and Foden in my Wildcard team

• Registered Users Posts: 16,633 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I'm wondering what kind of game time Foden will get this year, at 6.5 he is really tempting to stick in for a double up with KDB.

dahat wrote: »
    I'm wondering what kind of game time Foden will get this year, at 6.5 he is really tempting to stick in for a double up with KDB.

Yeah he's a rough with the smooth type player, but noone smoother at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 15,118 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm actually even debating a WC myself now too. Had a good start, but I've largely been saved by big hauls from Salah & Son. I'd nearly rather have a collection of 8 & 9s than 2s and a 20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BoysNoize

jaykay74 wrote: »

What's the benefit of this can I ask?

BoysNoize wrote: »
    What's the benefit of this can I ask?

You save. 1

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I think I'm ready!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

You save. 1

You save 0.1 but you also avoid losing 0.1 if you have Werner in your team when he drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Looking at a decision between

A) Kdb, Jimenez and Brewster(bench)

B) Hamez, Kane and Bamford(bench)

I’ll probably have Son and Calvert Lewin, so if I go with B, I’d have 2 from Everton and Spurs

Any advice or opinions welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Looking at a decision between

A) Kdb, Jimenez and Brewster(bench)

B) Hamez, Kane and Bamford(bench)

I’ll probably have Son and Calvert Lewin, so if I go with B, I’d have 2 from Everton and Spurs

Any advice or opinions welcome

Option A with Son and dcl looks best imo

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Option A with Son and dcl looks best imo

It’s my preference as well, but leaves my bench a bit on the short side

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Messing around with transfers and tempted to pull the trigger on the below.
    Martinez(4.0)
    Robertson KWP Lamptey Dallas Mitchell
    Son Salah KDB Jamrod Burke
    Jimmi Mitro Ricky

Not sure on GK, could drop Robertson to VVD and keep Leno or upgrade the 4.0 GK to a rotating 4.5 like Areola. Feel it would be hard to get the starting defenders right but loving the strong front 7 it gives me

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

If you mean the strength of your bench in terms of bamford v Brewster I wouldn’t worry too much.
    I think Brewster will get a loan move to a pl side now Liverpool have signed Jota.
    And I know Bamford started really well but he is has a tendency to be wasteful and I can see Rodrigo taking his spot eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Messing around with transfers and tempted to pull the trigger on the below.
    Martinez(4.0)
    Robertson KWP Lamptey Dallas Mitchell
    Son Salah KDB Jamrod Burke
    Jimmi Mitro Ricky

Not sure on GK, could drop Robertson to VVD and keep Leno or upgrade the 4.0 GK to a rotating 4.5 like Areola. Feel it would be hard to get the starting defenders right but loving the strong front 7 it gives me

I like the look of that team which is very bad news for you.

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »
    I think I'm ready!!!

Martinez (Nyland)
    James, Justin, Keane (KWP, Dunne)
    Salah, KDB, Son, Foden, Podence
    Kane, Ricarlison (Davis)

0.8m ITB so might upgrade Dunne.

We're all just going to go without Pool defenders now aren't we???

I could go for DCL and bring in VVD but I just like Ricarlison....

Starting defenders sound like a solicitors/car dealership/loaf of bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Martinez (Nyland)
    James, Justin, Keane (KWP, Dunne)
    Salah, KDB, Son, Foden, Podence
    Kane, Ricarlison (Davis)

0.8m ITB so might upgrade Dunne.

We're all just going to go without Pool defenders now aren't we???

I could go for DCL and bring in VVD but I just like Ricarlison....

Starting defenders sound like a solicitors/car dealership/loaf of bread.

Wildcarding too and no Pool defence is where I keep ending up. Probably a temporary measure but it allows an extra premium in attack till we see who ends up being the best option. Mainly I dont want to drop Werner before WBA but could see myself downgrading to a mid price forward there longer term and getting TAA/Robbo back

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm going to wildcard aswell. Will also be going without liverpool defence for the next 6 gws.

FHFC wrote: »
    Wildcarding too and no Pool defence is where I keep ending up. Probably a temporary measure but it allows an extra premium in attack till we see who ends up being the best option. Mainly I dont want to drop Werner before WBA but could see myself downgrading to a mid price forward there longer term and getting TAA/Robbo back

You're taking Werner out tonight though? Near a drop.

Great comfort having FHFC and Busts along for the spin!

We just need a catchy tagline for the No Pool Defenders now. Mr. P?

Clearly A and **** the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Messing around with transfers and tempted to pull the trigger on the below. Martinez(4.0) Robertson KWP Lamptey Dallas Mitchell Son Salah KDB Jamrod Burke Jimmi Mitro Ricky

Pulled the trigger on this with VVD/Taylor instead of Robertson/Dallas. Plan was to hold till the international break but issues over ASM, Bissouma, Bavies and Davis not playing meant I needed something. Lost out on a FT though :(

Trying to fit Kdb in, and think I’m stuck between these

Martinez Ryan
    Vvd Saiss Taylor Lampety Mitchell
    Salah Kdb Son Zaha Klich
    Jiménez Dcl Bamford

Or

Martinez Ryan
    Taa James Saiss Taylor Mitchell
    Salah Kdb Son Zaha Klich
    Jiménez Dcl Brewster

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Great comfort having FHFC and Busts along for the spin!

We just need a catchy tagline for the No Pool Defenders now. Mr. P?

You guys!!!

I'm trying to be good this year... but I cannot use the WC just to justify not taking a-8 to get Podence in

I don't think I've ever owned TAA before last week, and if I sell him now then we all know what happens!

But if you want a snazzy name then I'll have a think...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

You're taking Werner out tonight though? Near a drop.

Oh yeah, I had a few beers and popped it on saturday night when I saw the ****show that was unfolding on MOTD.

Have been harvesting price rises since.

Advertisement