Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

First time player...

• 03-11-2018 5:49pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Since Destiny 2 is free as a gift this weekend I thought I'd take it for a spin (after a mere 70 odd gig download...) so what class/things etc. should I consider/start with? Saw this post as a basic starting point but that's about it to be honest. Never played Destiny 1; craving some proper shoot 'em up beyond Overwatch maps and hope this might help scratch the itch so to speak.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Nody wrote: »
    Since Destiny 2 is free as a gift this weekend I thought I'd take it for a spin (after a mere 70 odd gig download...) so what class/things etc. should I consider/start with? Saw this post as a basic starting point but that's about it to be honest. Never played Destiny 1; craving some proper shoot 'em up beyond Overwatch maps and hope this might help scratch the itch so to speak.

Depends on what way you want to play but I went with titan as a starter and have a warlock and hunter too. Just enjoy it really that's the main thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Finish the story ie intro and get to level 20, the game starts then.

I went with the Hunter but try buddy up and have 2 other noobs as Titan Warlock and play the intro together. Try not to have level 20 with you in the early missions, they one shot overything.

Its a cracking game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I don't think you could go wrong with starting as a Titan for survive-ability but they all are fine. Find a big clan as soon as possible too and you should be able to get help doing some missions. I think it's a great game so there should be plenty of things for you to do once you have completed all the story missions. Hit back here if you have any questions.

Slightly cheap plug but for anyone who is thinking of getting Destiny 2 for free (Nov. 18th). Can you think about using this refer a friend link. We both get some rewards from it and the sniper riffle is decent.

Advertisement