Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

wexdevil wrote:
    (XFVKHPN97 for the lazy, redeem on bungie.net )

Or the Destiny app (redirects you to the Bungie page online)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Fall of Osiris web-comic is out for anyone that can be arsed reading it

https://comics.bungie.net/
    Saint-14 seems like a bit of a sap in that.
    I was expecting him to be Shaxx only MOAR awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Tazzimus wrote:
    Saint-14 seems like a bit of a sap in that. I was expecting him to be Shaxx only MOAR awesome.

I disliked the comic a lot.
    The speaker was made some generic antagonist and Saint 14 a sycophant.

Kinda missed the whole destiny feel in my opinion.

On a better note all 3 characters 335 now

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Played a few games of Mayhem as a Nightstalker, great craic. Getting between 12-15 tethers per game. See radar ping an enemy around a corner, throw smoke to lure, wait for super, fire tether, profit.

• Advertisement

I was just throwing Nova bombs out door ways or in the general direction of enemies and letting it find it's own way.

I'd fling one, leg it the other direction and about ten seconds later I'd get a kill pop up on screen.

Nightstalkers and Golden Gunners are a pain in that mode. Went up against 3 Nightstalkers and a Golden Gun, got rekt.

Good fun though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Tazzimus wrote: »

its so sad that a company spending millions on a game cant come up with a story line as good as that would have been...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Interesting in that there's a scannable in the new Tower which clearly states that Hawthorne and her crowd have been stealing from the vanguard.

nevelator wrote:
    Played a few games of Mayhem as a Nightstalker, great craic. Getting between 12-15 tethers per game. See radar ping an enemy around a corner, throw smoke to lure, wait for super, fire tether, profit.

Tazzimus wrote:
    I was just throwing Nova bombs out door ways or in the general direction of enemies and letting it find it's own way.

Tazzimus wrote:
    Nightstalkers and Golden Gunners are a pain in that mode. Went up against 3 Nightstalkers and a Golden Gun, got rekt.

Supers feel like they fill faster than D1, while grenades don't?

Interesting in that there's a scannable in the new Tower which clearly states that Hawthorne and her crowd have been stealing from the vanguard.
    Where's that?
    there's loads of ones dotted around the place for the Speaker, Eris, Banshee etc

• Advertisement

Where's that?
    there's loads of ones dotted around the place for the Speaker, Eris, Banshee etc

I'll do a video tutorial when I get home.

Tune in to Twitch live at 8pm when Optimus saunters around the Tower pointing at stuff!

I'll let you find out what it says.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Once I landed in the EDZ by the church, and the radio chatter in the background was about hawthorne and their gang, talking about looking out for themselves.

Nice if these are seeds for some future story.

This video has all the lore from the scans aswell, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP-UlnhntWc

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Guys,

My Clan has died a death, I think I am the only active person out of the 100+ members!!

Looking to jump ship. Would there be any decent clans willing to take me in?
    XBOX One
    35+
    Main focus is PVE but am okay in PVP also.

Cheers

PetKing wrote: »
    Tune in to Twitch live at 8pm when Optimus saunters around the Tower pointing at stuff!

Mynameisbyf will be joining me Christmas Eve to tell us about super secret hidden Tower stuff.

See you starside Guardians.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Jesus.. D2 + Expansion Pass is down to $31.99 in US GameStop

https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/destiny-2-expansion-pass-playstation-network/156556

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Guys,

My Clan has died a death, I think I am the only active person out of the 100+ members!!

Looking to jump ship. Would there be any decent clans willing to take me in?
    XBOX One
    35+
    Main focus is PVE but am okay in PVP also.

Cheers

Are you in the boards clan ? I'm still plugging 15k into those clan numbers every week. Always a few on and still making the 100k a week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Uninstalled ! game is pants, thankfully I didn't buy DLC either, played it with friends account and was bored to tears.
    Bungie your in a sad sad state right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,993 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Dcully wrote: »
    Uninstalled ! game is pants, thankfully I didn't buy DLC either, played it with friends account and was bored to tears.

Oh well.

I'm still enjoying it, despite the many flaws.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Dcully wrote:
    Uninstalled ! game is pants, thankfully I didn't buy DLC either, played it with friends account and was bored to tears. Bungie your in a sad sad state right now.

Ah **** they're finished now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭bugs

Dcully wrote: »

It's a pity, the PC port plays so well but the game has died a quick death. I doubt they'll get anyone to come back to it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

bugs wrote: »
    It's a pity, the PC port plays so well but the game has died a quick death. I doubt they'll get anyone to come back to it.

Yeah it is a superb port.Maybe they can turn it around I certainly hooe so.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

I'm really enjoying the verses collection.. I like the grind!!
    Only 1 more left and I have the full weapon set.

I suspect there will be a raft of changes coming this new year - There has to be, investor return on investment will demand it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ChrisMcCauley

Started my seventh character yesterday (3 on PS4 already and replacing duplicate Titan on PC).  The game always starts well but it's let down badly by the end game. The verses and master works are small steps in the right direction. That Perfect Paradox quest line was very D1 too.

Started my seventh character yesterday (3 on PS4 already and replacing duplicate Titan on PC).  The game always starts well but it's let down badly by the end game. The verses and master works are small steps in the right direction. That Perfect Paradox quest line was very D1 too.

Don't mind me asking if end game is such a let down why replace a character?

I'm replacing a second Titan with a first Hunter.  Don't normally like Hunters but just for completeness ...
    Also, the grind for a new character is fine, it's just when you hit 330-335 it gets boring.  The raid isn't my cup of tea so having completed it once I didn't bother going back.  The raid layer is fun though and more like D1

I only left it with two characters on the PS4, doubt I'll make a hunter unless it's just for the achievement.

Exactly, just for the "Achievement Unlocked"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,993 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i have all three characaters and have fun playing each of them each week, but i've not put the time into running the raid multiple times a week to get it done on each like I would have done with D1 - though i think that is down to a general lack of raid runs. I'd probably run them more if the groups were there. Meh, not too bothered about it.

Like Striker Titan, liked solar titan in mayhem.
    Like Solar, Arc and Void Hunter for different things. Throwing up tethers every few seconds with orphious rig is amazing. Acr strider with the chest piece last an age and is great for ad clearing. Golden gun is infuriating cause my reactions and aiming aren't good enough.... ALSO WHY CAN A HAMMER TITAN ONE HIT ME BUT MY GOLDEN GUN ONLY DOES 80% TO HIM!?

Not played Warlock as much, Voidlock with Devour and that punching glove exotic, great fun. Arc Buddies, great. Solar.... i dunno. Not a fan of Solarlock.

Advertisement