Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humble Monthly

• 05-03-2016 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

Can never remember what thread this is in but anyway every month I say I will cancel then I forget and find I have a few new games every month.

Its 12 quid a month.

November
    Saints Row 4
    Besiege
    Valkyria Chronicles
    Lethal League
    Sanctuary RPG
    Towerfall: Ascension
    Legend of Grimrock 2

Dec
    Banished
    Rust (EA)
    Chroma Squad
    Neon Struct Deluxe Edition
    Company of Heroes™ 2 (Base) and the following DLC (sep keys)
    Company of Heroes™ 2: The British Forces
    Company of Heroes™ 2 - The Western Front Armies: US Forces
    Company of Heroes™ 2 - The Western Front Armies: Oberkommando West
    Payday 2 (Base) and the following DLC (sep keys)
    Payday 2: The Big Bank Heist
    Payday 2: Gage Mod Courrier
    Payday 2: Gage Assault Pack
    Jan
    The Talos Principle - Atmospheric Puzzler
    The Masterplan - Top-down Strategy Heists
    Mushroom 11 - 2D Post-Apocalyptic Puzzle Platformer
    Grim Fandango Remastered - Point & Click Comedy Noir Adventure
    Spelunky - Difficult 2D "Roguelite" Platformer
    A Fistful of Gun - Top-down Western-themed Shooter with Co-op
    Feb
    Alien: Isolation
    Broken Age
    Penarium
    Dropsy
    Titan Souls
    Volume
    March
    Wasteland 2: Director's Cut
    GRAV
    Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
    I am Bread
    Sentinels of the Multiverse
    ARK: Survival Evolved (Preorder bonus)
    Switchcars (Humble Monthly Debut)
    Battlesloths (Humble Originals)

Pay now for aprils and get South Park, This war of mine now. I actually want those games.

Overall I have got the above games for €60 which in fairness isnt bad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Can never remember what thread this is in but anyway every month I say I will cancel then I forget and find I have a few new games every month.

Bargains Alerts thread?

I haven't subscribed myself, I wanted to wait a while, and I found that the only games I'd have been interested in are ones I own already. But I think this time around, I should've subscribed because I really would love Wasteland 2, so I've seriously missed out on that.

I guess I'm just really hesitent at paying for a bundle sight unseen, I've no idea if there'd be anything I'd like. I just can't really do a blind buy like that. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I like the mystery of it all :pac:

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I like the mystery of it all :pac:

I guess I can see the appeal of that. The Square Enix mystery box was the only thing I took a gamble on myself, and I was pretty happy with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

If I was someone getting into PC gaming i think the monthly bundle would be worth signing up for. My problem is I own so many now i'd probably just be getting mostly games i already own which i imagine is the case for a lot of people. Still its not a bad deal for the price.

The ones I have no interest go into the steamgifts thread.

This months winners are

Shantae & The Pirate's Curse
    I Am Bread
    Sentinels of the Multiverse
    Battlesloths
    Switchcars

• Advertisement

I'm actually pretty sad I didn't get Wasteland 2, if they had lead with that instead of Ark, I would've subscribed in a heartbeat. Here's hoping someone who's subbed and doesn't want Wasteland is feeling generous. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

If I was someone getting into PC gaming i think the monthly bundle would be worth signing up for. My problem is I own so many now i'd probably just be getting mostly games i already own which i imagine is the case for a lot of people. Still its not a bad deal for the price.

If you are new to PC Gaming, then this is a brilliant way of building up your library but if you are on PC Gaming awhile, it's unlikely you will see much benefit from it with the exception of a few games here and there.

HUGE thanks to the user who just PM'd me a Wasteland 2 key, it's seriously appreciated! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

Very nice, fair play to them! PC forum is great, this is just another great example of why and the huge give away in the freebies thread at the moment! Enjoy, looking forward to trying Wasteland 2 soon myself but been kept too busy by Xcom and Grim Dawn at the moment :-)

South Park 7.49
    This war of mine 18.99

Just unlocked the rest on 1st of april for €11.10, i actually wanted both of those games so happy enough regardless of what else unlocks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

I'm on the fence with 2 days to go.

I already own South Park and This war of mine. But I'm still tempted to dip my toe in the water this month...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Signed up last week. Seems a great deal. Hopefully Ill have time to play the games now !

This month's Humble Original, Tailwind: Prologue

https://twitter.com/humble/status/714943485246251008

• Registered Users Posts: 55,442 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Signed up last night. I already have South Park, but TWOM looks great. Hoping for some nice surprises.

That itch to subscribe when there's 3 minutes left... :o

Did you do it? :)

No, and I'm worried I might regret it. :o

The extra games are:

Tailwind: Prologue
    Nuclear Throne
    Renowned Explorers
    Nova-111
    The Magic Circle
    Avalance 2: Super Avalanche
    Stikbold

Early unlock for next month is Mad Max (if you pay now).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Jacovs

:pac: got beaten to it.

Kinda relieved now, apart from Renowned Explorers, there's not much of interest for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Nothing for me this month. I think they peaked with the pre announced games. Mad Max well worth it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Not bad.
    I was going to buy renowned explorers last week.
    Delighted about mad Max next month.
    Happy to keep the sub going for a second month at least.

Me too.

Not familiar with some of those games, so will check out trailers and reviews this evening.

I'm considering subscribing now for Mad Max, it's probably the first pre order unlock that is seriously interesting me. Though Alien Isolation had me tempted. Already had This War of Mine, and wasn't interested in Stick of Truth. I figure it's a good price for Mad Max alone, and anything else that comes with it is just gravy, so even if I gift everything away, it would be worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Personally, I'm very happy with that.

Been wanting Nuclear Throne for ages but couldn't justify the price.
    The Magic Circle got really well reviewed and was on my wishlist.
    Nova - 111 I got with PS Plus, so that's a bit meh.
    Wanted to try out This War of Mine, but I think I might not enjoy it so happy not to explicitly buy it.
    And that Tailwind game looks surprisingly good too!

Renowned Explorers is currently the daily deal on Steam, for more than the monthly bundle cost

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I feel it's all like "Save all this money!" when in fact it's "Spend all this money on games you weren't that interested in anyway!".

The best money saver is to just not buy this amount of games and I really don't like the idea of any subsciption to keys. I save money by buying the few select games that interest me on heavy discounts ^_^ Have bought 2 bundles in the past I think, though - before the 'pay more than the average' tier locking.

So, this is the Humble Original for this month, doesn't look too shabby at all.

I'm still tempted to Subscribe, but... :o It's more that I'm worried I'll miss something I really want than anything else. I bet if I don't, something good is gonna be in the bundle and I'll be kicking myself, like Armello or Soma.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

There's nothing i feel like i've missed so far, and the 50 odd euro that i would have spent subscribed can easily be spent on any game i do miss. So i'm ok without it for now.

• Advertisement

I subbed. Girlfriend got sick of me saying should I? Shouldn't I? and said just go for it.

It was less than a tenner with the new subscriber discount, and that's worth it for Mad Max alone probably.

Advertisement