Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Random Skyrim Moments

Comments

hypermuse wrote: »
    I don't want to know where you keep the cucumbers..

In my inVENTory. When I'm an Argonian. Only the herpatoligists will get that one.

Anyway I was on a contract earlier and the guy I was supposed to kill was in his house standing on the bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

My best skyrim moment so far was when i went to a bar in solitude, and was challenged to a drinking contest, so of course I accepted. After drinking too much of this guys home brew, I blacked out and woke up in some temple with an angry priest yelling at me, so i decided to leave. When I got outside I realized I wasn't in solitude anymore so I looked at my map to find I'm in Markarth, and I now have a quest to retrace my steps and find out where my drinking buddy got to, so I can claim my prize.

Ya i loved the hangover quest. happened to me in the pub in whiterun though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Some biotch called Gerda hired a group of thugs to beat me up but kill me if they deemed necessary. Did a bit of research and she works in the kitchen of the Jarl of Whiterun. Random hatred like....

I thought she was in river wood no?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Thought she was in Riverwood too ha!I killed her by accident and her husband got the Dark Brotherhood after me!
    The assassin literally appears from nowhere there pretty weak though.
    The thugs are much tougher.

Dave1711 wrote: »
    Thought she was in Riverwood too ha!I killed her by accident and her husband got the Dark Brotherhood after me!
    The assassin literally appears from nowhere there pretty weak though.
    The thugs are much tougher.

Yeah the thugs are better than the brotherhood. I joined them there a while ago. Good cash to be made on those contracts

Oh and thats Gerdur in Riverwood not Gerda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

I was attacked and almost killed by a pair of assassins. Inspection of their corpses led to the discovery of a note. Reading of the note led to the discovery that THE DARK BROTHERHOOD ARE OUT TO GET ME! :(

My brother was fighting a dragon at one of their Burial Sites. He almost had it dead when a second dragon appeared. Game over. :pac:

Another time, I was walking from Riverwood to Ivarstead (I don't fast travel) and I came across three Imperial Legion soldiers. They demanded that I pay a fine of 100 Septims for "interrupting official Legion business". I refused and they attacked me. The first one I killed fell behind a rock. When I'd dealt with the other two, I went behind the rock to loot the soldier and to my surprise, there was three dead Imperial Legion soldiers there, stripped of gear. The three I'd killed were bandits masquerading as Legionnaires. :eek:

And yes, I've also been launched into Orbit by a giant. First time I encountered a giant, I was of the impression they only attacked when provoked. He squished me but I didn't leave the ground. Some days later, I'd just unlocked the final word of Unrelenting Force and wanted to test it out. Went to the giant camp outside Whiterun. It was very amusing when the sheer power of the Shout made the giant do a back-flip. It was rather less amusing when his mate came up behind me. :rolleyes:

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Another time, I was walking from Riverwood to Ivarstead (I don't fast travel) and I came across three Imperial Legion soldiers. They demanded that I pay a fine of 100 Septims for "interrupting official Legion business". I refused and they attacked me. The first one I killed fell behind a rock. When I'd dealt with the other two, I went behind the rock to loot the soldier and to my surprise, there was three dead Imperial Legion soldiers there, stripped of gear. The three I'd killed were bandits masquerading as Legionnaires. :eek:

This happened to me by some ruins was quite cool ha.

Another time i bumped into a small skirmish between Imperials and Stormcloaks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I got an interesting glitch in the Sheogorath quest, at least I think it was a glitch (never know with Sheogorath :P )
    In the dream world, I'd switch to third person and couldn't see myself, until I looked around a bit. Off in the distance was my ragdoll body, being dragged around on the floor as I walked, legs kicking as if it was standing upright. Pretty weird.

Saw a fox chasing a rabbit around :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Three memorable glitches:
    Was near somebody the liar (forget his name) and he's being attacked by a wolf or something, I charge up a fireball and lob it at him but mid-blast I get the random encounter. Guy comes up a few seconds later asking had I seen yer man and somehow the fireball flies back from the wolf's direction and blasts the guard offscreen, screaming in flamy agony!

Stole a horse that was standing by its dead owner. Trotted it to a nearby cottage looking place and dismounted. As soon as I did, the horse levitated and gave me a good kick in the head before flying off back to its original standing spot and settling. Haven't laughed that hard in ages, wish I'd fraps'd it!

Finally, the giant thing. First encountered it when partner was asleep and nearly woke him up with laughter. Later on when he did wake up, I showed him the giants and sent Sven in. Watched the black dot disappear and then I wandered over to the giants for it to be my turn, and lo and behold Sven was on the ground! or rather in the ground...he was lying on his back with his left arm and legs going into the ground and as I ran around he "scuttled" around in that position on the ground after me.

Bethesda glitches r teh awesome :D

• Advertisement

So, uh, today I encountered a jester on the road. His cart's wheel had broken. As part of a short quest I was sent to a nearby farm to ask for help on the jester's behalf. The farmer convinced me the jester was up to no good and I reported him to a passing guard, who arrested him.

Curious, I looked up the jester in the Elder Scrolls Wiki. I'm now afraid for my life. ;_;

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    So, uh, today I encountered a jester on the road. His cart's wheel had broken. As part of a short quest I was sent to a nearby farm to ask for help on the jester's behalf. The farmer convinced me the jester was up to no good and I reported him to a passing guard, who arrested him.

Curious, I looked up the jester in the Elder Scrolls Wiki. I'm now afraid for my life. ;_;

Link? I've forgotten his name. I did the same as you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

His name is Cicero.... and this quest along with a later encounter with this guy is exactly the reason why Skyrim is such a good game.

The fact that you may not me him, before, after or at all is so cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

The following link shows who he is but contains massive spoilers.... You've been warned....

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Cicero

Wow you done goofed ratting Cicero out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ekib

had a good time once.. about lvl 12-13 i happened to wander west of whiterun, near that fort that you clean of bandits and legion takes over.. anyhow, i find that peasant with a painted cow, tells me its a sacrifice for giants... so i follow him, since i was toying with giants and a bow for a few lvls. after a looooong walk, that lead me to some ruins with a chest, and a giant hiding place with a tree to get special sap out of i find my giant, with mamooths, a little bow time toying after and a dead giant with 2 dead mamouths.. i see an other giant with an other horny pet, shoot them all, then wander inside the cave near the tree, find an other giant, killed it, melee and magic (little armor buff, a good old rune trap and a sneaky arrow helped softening it up, not to mention the paralising poison on my blade :D ) after that i check the cave, turns out i wasnt the first, some dead guy with a giant's mace is inside, and i get some more tree sap. that i sell back for a fortune.
    morality of the story : got to love peasants :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I actually love how you come across scenes like that. There's loads of little hunter camps with a dead hunter being eaten by a bear or sabre tooth. I also came across a scene where a bear had killed a couple who were trying to elope. It was kind of sad, reading one of their diaries about how happy they were to get away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

humanji wrote: »
    I actually love how you come across scenes like that. There's loads of little hunter camps with a dead hunter being eaten by a bear or sabre tooth. I also came across a scene where a bear had killed a couple who were trying to elope. It was kind of sad, reading one of their diaries about how happy they were to get away.
    Reminds me of a corpse I encountered in a lake in Oblivion with a love letter saying you'd know him by the flower on his jacket, made me feel a little bit sad and I'm not the sentimental type

Found an Old Orc who wanted a good death. Sure enough it was doled out.
    Made me feel good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Made me feel good.

yea I came across his east of Rifden.. He was a good orc while he was alive!

• Advertisement

Made me feel good.

That reminds me, I hope Umbra is in the game..

Got about ten lessons off yer man Faendal in Riverwood. But then realised I was broke. So I got Lydia to kill him and looted the body. Raging I didn't help him with that letter. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

So I've not put much time in and I'm only at level seven.

Wanted to get a bit more archery training, but had hit the maximum for that level, so decided to do a bit of hunting to get the small amount of experience I needed for the next level.

Left the town and was sneaking down the road when I saw what looked like a moose. Shot it with an arrow and scored a critical hit kill. Nice.

Off to loot the body when I hear what can only be described as the sound Godzilla makes when he comes out of the water.

Dragon.

Crap.

Find a hidden spot and take a few hidden pot shots with arrows. Do a bit of damage and the dragon flies a bit further away, lands and starts incinerating the place.

I catch up to it and get a few shots off and it takes off again. While I'm looking for it, I hear some groaning. Turn around and there's a giant running at me.

Dragon and a giant.

Double crap.

Run away and then the dragon lands, sets the giant on fire and the two of them start to fight. The dragon takes off again, so now I'm left with an angry giant who's on fire!

I run away some more until the dragon comes back to fight the giant again. The giant is getting the better of the exchange, so I hang back and plow it with arrows, but not before it kills the dragon.

I try to exploit a classic Bethesda glitch and get the giant stuck between a rock and me, but it manages to get around and one hit kills me.

I hate this game.

I'll play it for hours again today after work though!

humanji wrote: »
    I also came across a scene where a bear had killed a couple who were trying to elope. It was kind of sad, reading one of their diaries about how happy they were to get away.
    Made me feel good.

Came across both of these,both really cool i thought!And sad too!

Came across a ghost outside Dawnstar somewhere followed it and it led me to a place unmarked on the map where some bandits were raiding graves!Very nice i thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Came across a ghost outside Dawnstar somewhere followed it and it led me to a place unmarked on the map where some bandits were raiding graves!Very nice i thought!

The headless horseman! I tried to follow him but didn't have a horse at the time so he outran me and I lost him.

Creature wrote: »
    The headless horseman! I tried to follow him but didn't have a horse at the time so he outran me and I lost him.

Nah he was walking!,just a nord warrior by the looks of him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Started to turn into a Vampire and am having problems healing during the day, barely cleared out a fort when i went to give loot to my companion to hold.He quit my service and killed me...

Was slowly making my way to the guy who might be able to cure me when i encountered 2 bandits attacking a courier and his horse, they killed the courier but not after he killed one of them, the horse killed the other bandit then proceeded to attack me..Apparently i am hated and feared by all.

Got to the outskirts of the alleged cure guys town when i got attacked by a dragon and a troll, the troll killed the dragon so i looted then slowly made my way into the town.

Finally got into the cure guys house after being chased away by everyone in the town a couple of times, he attacked me too.

Vampirism sucks. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Nah he was walking!,just a nord warrior by the looks of him

Ah ok. I was wandering down south a bit from Morthal and saw a ghost horse and rider (headless rider) but I couldn't keep up with them due to lack of horse.
    d22ontour wrote: »
    Started to turn into a Vampire and am having problems healing during the day, barely cleared out a fort when i went to give loot to my companion to hold.He quit my service and killed me...

Was slowly making my way to the guy who might be able to cure me when i encountered 2 bandits attacking a courier and his horse, they killed the courier but not after he killed one of them, the horse killed the other bandit then proceeded to attack me..Apparently i am hated and feared by all.

Got to the outskirts of the alleged cure guys town when i got attacked by a dragon and a troll, the troll killed the dragon so i looted then slowly made my way into the town.

Finally got into the cure guys house after being chased away by everyone in the town a couple of times, he attacked me too.

Vampirism sucks. :(

How far along are you? I think when you progress to the final stage you can turn invisible which would make getting in and out of cities to your home much easier.
    I think when I go for my second play through I'm going to try to become a vampire as early as possible and see how far I can get through the whole game as one.

Killed a dragon that was raiding Dawnstar, and when it died everyone from the local peasants to the Jarl came out to gawk at the corpse. They wouldn't get too close to it though, there was a lot of muttering. One of the guards said "Is it really dead?" in a timid kind of voice.

This game never ceases to amaze me with how alive the NPCs seem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Anyone else get when they exit the Dark Brotherhood there is always a random naked body, bent over on their back ?

I've had (seen) a few different people at this stage :P

I'm also very disappointed to hear about how tough it is being a vampire.
    Being one in Oblivion was great, the first part (1/4) as you were given the Hunters sight (Night Eye+Detect Life) spell, which was excellent for dungeons etc.
    People didn't really mind either at lvl1, and the loss of health in the sun was minimal so as not to matter.
    There was never a need to go to lvl 2-4.

I might try vampirism near the end game though, I'd say with my 2nd char...but I can't see me doing a 2nd char as there is too much to do with 1 ,,,let alone have 2-3

Advertisement