Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMAZON - 30 day price matching offer

• 15-11-2008 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭

I don't know if this is the correct place for this, but I'll throw it in here anyway.
    I bought a TV from Amazon (now they don't deliver electrical goods to the south because of the WEE requirements) for £389, as a result of currys offer yesterday on the Sony 32v4000 - which was the model I bought, amazon reduced their price to £329. I contacted amazon to say that I was returning the tv (as i only arrived up north yesterday, the package was unopened and I could do that for free as the item arrived late), then they told me that they would refund me the difference in price, which I accepted.
    The customer service girl told me that it is standard for them to refund the difference if the the price drops significantly within 30 days - she said that even though they 'stopped' this offer at the end of august, it has been continued, but, people have to go seeking it themselves and the difference must be more than £10.
    Hope that's useful for someone and presume the mods will allocate it to the correct forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭davork

so don't expect the price matching to last forever...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,762 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Took advantage of this myself.. bought the Complete X-Files Boxset at about £80 and they then dropped it by a couple of pound a fortnight later.

Got refunded the difference but actually got more back.. think they made a mistake in the Euro conversion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Fergster

Hmm

Might do a bit od christmas shopping comparrisons on their site
    f09696910bdd874a99cd74c8f05b5c44.gif

Advertisement