Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

84+ fodder is high atm from the icon SBC. Sell up whilst they’re still high. Sold my Mertens for 12k when he was only 8k the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

This team of the week is gash. Is there any way to redeem FUT Champs rewards but to save the red player picks for another week? I can't remember how it works - first time playing WL this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

v3ttel wrote: »
    This team of the week is gash. Is there any way to redeem FUT Champs rewards but to save the red player picks for another week? I can't remember how it works - first time playing WL this year.

No the red player picks are from that week's TOTW no way of saving them.

They need to patch the fact that last man tackles aren't reds. Had it happen in 4 games in WL...clean through, milled out of it from behind, yellow card. Just had it happen again now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

v3ttel wrote: »
    They need to patch the fact that last man tackles aren't reds. Had it happen in 4 games in WL...clean through, milled out of it from behind, yellow card. Just had it happen again now.

Ive done it loads of times and sometimes its not even a yellow. I can feel the rage from opposition.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Gotta say, I’m loving the silver lounge, so much fun and I don’t care if I lose. Some great players to play for making me look forward to 6pm on a Wednesday and not care about what sh!te they put in TOTW.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Gotta say, I’m loving the silver lounge, so much fun and I don’t care if I lose. Some great players to play for making me look forward to 6pm on a Wednesday and not care about what sh!te they put in TOTW.

Think that’s the one thing we can all agree they’ve done really well this year. Silvers are finally relevant again. Hopefully there will be a bronze one soon enough... just want to use Curtis Jones!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Shocker - nothing in red picks again this week. Any do the FUT Champions Premium Upgrade? Think I'll throw all my red dross into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭dmigsy

:rolleyes:

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 19,365 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Okay before anyone gets mad I want you to know that last night I did the third Base Icon pack and got Ian Wright, so that's Nesta, Campbell, and Wright, 2 cards worth less than half the price of the pack and 1 worth almost as much as it.....now with that being said

Screenshot-20201203-081043.jpg

• Advertisement

G2 Red Picks:

80 Diagne
    84 Weghorst
    85 Romagnoli
    81 Boyata

81 Skhiri
    81 Klaassen
    84 Weghorst
    82 Heuhaus

• Registered Users Posts: 9,522 ✭✭✭nerd69

Got rafinia which is my best ever red card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

PS5 version is out. I thought the graphics looked fantastic in kick off mode, but had a game in FUT and didn't notice much of a difference. Loading times are great but there is only a split second to see the opposition squad on the loading screen. That adaptive trigger thing will get annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Boyota and Weghorst. It wasn't a great TOTW anyway.

blaa85 wrote: »
    PS5 version is out. I thought the graphics looked fantastic in kick off mode, but had a game in FUT and didn't notice much of a difference. Loading times are great but there is only a split second to see the opposition squad on the loading screen. That adaptive trigger thing will get annoying.

Just updating now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Has anyone on here actually got a good red pick at all so far this version of the game? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,365 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

nerd69 wrote: »
    Got rafinia which is my best ever red card

Got him too, he actually looks excellent, especially with the massive lack of RMs this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

BrentMused wrote: »
    Has anyone on here actually got a good red pick at all so far this version of the game? :mad:

I haven’t had a red pick since FIFA 19 lol

What's the story with FUTmas in a nutshell? Is there one or two SBC player SBCs every day with a small upgrade the player?

I stopped playing around this time last year as I got tired of the grind so missed all of the content.

Still on the fence about getting Flashback Aguero - I have some unassigned duplicates and I'm kind of stuck until I commit to do some SBC. I'd prefer to hold off if there are a heap more decent SBCs so I can pick what I want to do then.

I’ll be able to try it out at 6PM.. slowly getting there :pac: any idea what the adaptive trigger does in FIFA? Only know in shooters it adjusts the fire rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

I’ll be able to try it out at 6PM.. slowly getting there :pac: any idea what the adaptive trigger does in FIFA? Only know in shooters it adjusts the fire rate.

It gets harder to press the triggers as the player fatigue kicks in. Towards the end of a game, I had a wrecked Messi where the triggers were very stiff. I had a fresh Gomez subbed on playing next to him up top where there was no trigger resistance. I was pinging the ball between them, and noticed I was getting more annoyed when Messi was in possession.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,267 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

As cool as adaptive triggers sound, they'll likely need to be turned off when you're playing anything online.

Klassen & Raphinha from my red picks. I will happily take Raphinha - will probably use him to try get RB Rodyrgo. Anyway, not many cheap decent RW options in the Premier League. Himself and Martinez were probably the best of what was available given the absolute dross in TOTW this week.

Klassen at least looks usable if there are first owner Erdivisie objectives for Icon swaps.

It gets harder to press the triggers as the player fatigue kicks in. Towards the end of a game, I had a wrecked Messi where the triggers were very stiff. I had a fresh Gomez subbed on playing next to him up top where there was no trigger resistance. I was pinging the ball between them, and noticed I was getting more annoyed when Messi was in possession.
    AdamD wrote: »
    As cool as adaptive triggers sound, they'll likely need to be turned off when you're playing anything online.

Yeah I can see their purpose in shooters, that’s why I was surprised it’s in FIFA as well. Seems a bit unnecessary.

They also need to do something about showing the other teams starting lineup. It's so quick to load you barely get to any of the other team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

They also need to do something about showing the other teams starting lineup. It's so quick to load you barely get to any of the other team.

like a ready up button or something like they have during the cut screens before the games would work i guess ? otherwise everyone jsut gonna be pausing at kick off to see other persons team and that would annoy the sh!t out of me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Parawind

I feel so sorry that your game loads too quickly. :rolleyes::D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Does anyone know if you can jump back and forth between next gen and old gen? Or is it a case of, once you upgrade to the new version, you can't go back?

Tempted to set up the Xbox One somewhere to mess round on when my brother is hogging the X :P

First world problems when our PS5 loads the game too fast :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can jump back and forth between next gen and old gen? Or is it a case of, once you upgrade to the new version, you can't go back?

Tempted to set up the Xbox One somewhere to mess round on when my brother is hogging the X :P

Reddit seemed to say you could, which might be needed with small numbers on next gen?

Advertisement