Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Is Crash Team Racing worth a punt? It's only 14 euro in the store at the moment.

Brilliant game. Some rate it as high or higher than Mario Kart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

A lot (if not all) of PS hits games (TLOU, GOW, GT, HZD, etc) €10 in Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Death Stranding and Days Gone are also €15.73 in Argos

I think those games are a little too big for me these days... too much on backlog though I'll make exception for TLOU2

Edit... see Death Stranding was mentioned earlier alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

mrcheez wrote: »
    Death Stranding and Days Gone are also €15.73 in Argos

I think those games are a little too big for me these days... too much on backlog though I'll make exception for TLOU2

FWIW, TLOU2 took me about 30 hours to finish and Death stranding took me 32, so settle in.

Markitron wrote: »
    FWIW, TLOU2 took me about 30 hours to finish and Death stranding took me 32, so settle in.

yeah TLOU2 has been on my "must-buy" list for a while as I'm invested in the story, whereas the others are just a passing interest in that I may pick them up when they drop to €9 or less in a year or so... so if I'm gonna spend 30 hours in one of them it might as well be the one I really want

• Advertisement

yeah TLOU2 has been on my "must-buy" list for a while as I'm invested in the story, whereas the others are just a passing interest in that I may pick them up when they drop to €9 or less in a year or so... so if I'm gonna spend 30 hours in one of them it might as well be the one I really want

If you know someone with a PS5 you could get Days Gone for free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Picked up GOW for €7.86 in Argos today.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭shawki

Console offers are really poor this year.

Last year in Argos, I got Ps4 Pro, Death Stranding, extra controller & a blu-ray for €325

• Registered Users Posts: 11,132 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Is Crash Team Racing worth a punt? It's only 14 euro in the store at the moment.

My second highest played game per hours

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Delighted to pick up TLOU 2 today. Must replay the first one again too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sinnerboy0

shawki wrote: »
    Console offers are really poor this year.

Last year in Argos, I got Ps4 Pro, Death Stranding, extra controller & a blu-ray for €325

I availed of that offer too and traded in my 4 year old OG PS4, two old style controllers and Death Stranding which I had already bought a couple of weeks previous into cex for €265 cash meaning the upgrade cost me €60. Such a good deal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Have deleted the last few posts for obvious reasons. This is not a bargains thread, not one to complain about your struggles to resell a PS5 for profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Just ordered god of war, ratchet and clank, unchartered 4 and horizon zero dawn from Smyths delivered. I know Argos has them cheaper but it'll cost me the difference in parking/travel anyway + it's a PITA figuring out which store has availability. Might pick up the last of us in store.

Now, my next issue is to get my hands on a PS4 or 5. Any chance PS4 will be on sale again or its PS5 from now on... Maybe even a PS4 pro slim ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Hey_Listen wrote: »
    Just ordered god of war, ratchet and clank, unchartered 4 and horizon zero dawn from Smyths delivered. I know Argos has them cheaper but it'll cost me the difference in parking/travel anyway + it's a PITA figuring out which store has availability. Might pick up the last of us in store.

Now, my next issue is to get my hands on a PS4 or 5. Any chance PS4 will be on sale again or its PS5 from now on... Maybe even a PS4 pro slim ...

You'd pick up ps4 cheap now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

JimBurnley wrote: »
    New sale up

Ha, beat me to the post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Some really great deals going around, really good amount of games i really wanted to play on release and all under 20 euro now too. Good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Tempted by the Resident Evil triple pack, which generally guarantees it's going to be up on PSNow exactly 5 minutes after I confirm purchase. Speaking of which, tomorrow's PS Now dump apparently hasn't leaked yet for some reason.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Tempted by the Resident Evil triple pack, which generally guarantees it's going to be up on PSNow exactly 5 minutes after I confirm purchase. Speaking of which, tomorrow's PS Now dump apparently hasn't leaked yet for some reason.

Ps now new games actually rarely get announced early (last month was an exception). Which is in itself strange given plus games follow fairly regular announcement the week before. Expect to see them officially tomorrow afternoon when they go live online, but could see some leaks earlier in the day when Japanese sites new games go live, noting eu games sometimes differ from Japan 's.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Death Stranding for €20. Finally might give it a go.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Death Stranding for €20. Finally might give it a go.

Worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It so is. Not for everyone, but if it turns out it is for you, then it will be the best 20 you've spent in a long time. I had zero hype for it, bought it on launch on a whim and absolutely loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Tempted by Death Stranding at that price as well, very intrigued by the gameplay. Only thing is I'm playing through AC Odyssey now so I could be servery burnt out by the end of that and I'm not sure I'd have the patience for DS right away.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Tempted by Death Stranding at that price as well, very intrigued by the gameplay. Only thing is I'm playing through AC Odyssey now so I could be servery burnt out by the end of that and I'm not sure I'd have the patience for DS right away.

I'm one of those people that thinks DS is amazing, but if there is one thing it requires from the player, it is patience. It is a very slow game, but can also be weirdly relaxing, which is a bit strange since its a post apocalyptic game where an unborn fetus is your only warning of extra-dimensional ghosts that want to suck you into an undead abyss.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

it's not been available since at least saturday, no code comes on the email unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Markitron wrote: »
    I'm one of those people that thinks DS is amazing, but if there is one thing it requires from the player, it is patience. It is a very slow game, but can also be weirdly relaxing, which is a bit strange since its a post apocalyptic game where an unborn fetus is your only warning of extra-dimensional ghosts that want to suck you into an undead abyss.

Sold.

That really should’ve been the blurb too, would’ve broken sales records if that was written on the box. :D

Sold.

That really should’ve been the blurb too, would’ve broken sales records if that was written on the box. :D

Lol, it is a description that is in no way exaggerated either.

Sold.

It's be more difficult, given the climate of gaming currently, if they said 'the more you help other people playing the game, the better you'll do'

• Advertisement

Certainly sounds better than postman-in-barren-land-simulator :-)

Advertisement