Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warhammer: Total War

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 36,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Playing a Grimgore campaign, he's finally back to where he should, puntin' stuntys properly, the waaaaagh mechanic is brilliant, so much better than the old one. Gobbo's are a lot more powerful now, not just meatshields, Orcs feel more like they should. Da Immortalz living up to their name with scrap armour :D

Lovin it :)

Tier 1 Goblin Archers look like they can get deceptively powerful with the extra AP damage their exploding arrows give them along with XP upgrades. Plus... explosions.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

25% off on steam now for dlc and 66% off main game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Tier 1 Goblin Archers look like they can get deceptively powerful with the extra AP damage their exploding arrows give them along with XP upgrades. Plus... explosions.

friendly fire is awful though, thankfully only happens to a severe account with Grom's food buffs

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 36,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

friendly fire is awful though, thankfully only happens to a severe account with Grom's food buffs

Yeah but Goblins are trash so it's not an issue. It's not until you start using Black Orcs that you'd need to be wary of the friendly fire but then you're probably switching to Arachnarok Spiders and Rogue Idols anyway.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Apparently they've released a Black Orc Big Boss but he has no voicework due to the virus.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Apparently they've released a Black Orc Big Boss but he has no voicework due to the virus.

Hopefully he'll make a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Got this in the recent sale and it is so good. Can't stop playing it. Went with a nice handy HE Tyrion game to ease myself in, will do something a bit tougher next.

The beta patch went live yesterday if anyone is wondering:

https://old.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/hwg8na/da_nutz_and_boltz_update_is_now_live/

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 18,822 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Was that the 93mb patch that took 40 minutes to download?

Tony EH wrote: »
    Was that the 93mb patch that took 40 minutes to download?

Almost certainly.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

New dev blog update of what all the Total War teams are working on, TW2 is getting a Lord pack for the Wood Elves alongside a rework of their systems (hopefully bye bye Amber system!). This will be 2 Lords, probably one WE and CA have hinted they will be revisiting one of the core 4 races for Warhammer 2 (so High Elves, Dark Elves, Skaven or Lizzies)

Also includes a free Lord as part of the pack, is hinted at being a she so....??? Early ideas are either Ariel or possibly Neferatta.

Think the Beastmen are the last WH1 race to get an update. Well, Chaos but they're game 3.

I'm having a really fun Skaven ME campaign atm. Hadn't played them since before their first DLC years ago. Their new units are class.

H. H. Asquith

Well, theres also Norsca. Who, when the Wood Elves get their new Legendary Lords, will have the fewest available with only 2 *sad Wulfrik noises*

Could see them, Beastmen and Chaos Warriors all getting redone for TW3 and the inevitable Daemons faction. Just overhaul all of Chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Well, theres also Norsca. Who, when the Wood Elves get their new Legendary Lords, will have the fewest available with only 2 *sad Wulfrik noises*

Could see them, Beastmen and Chaos Warriors all getting redone for TW3 and the inevitable Daemons faction. Just overhaul all of Chaos.
    It would make sense.

That neck of the woods should all be involved in the game 3 map, as well as Hell Pit and Clan Moulder.

Unlike with the Lizardmen and Skaven, which, I would think, required an entirely new set of animations, unit models and game mechanics, there should be a huge amount already done for game 3.

Given what's already in the game, I think it's entirely feasible that, probably including some kind of day 1 DLC that'll work on Mortal Empires as well for either Norsca or Hell Pit, you should have Chaos Dwarves and Kislev as the brand new races (albeit the unit models will be about 90% the same as Dwarf, Goblin and Empire units), Norsca, Beastmen, Chaos Undivided (Kholek and Archaon), Chaos Warriors of Slaanesh (Sigvald), and at least 1 other Chaos Warriors faction as playable factions.

They should be able to have a much more complete gameworld with less work, and can hopefully focus on making Chaos more than an afterthought and really flesh it out.

I'd rather they did that, than polishing it less and trying to crowbar in perhaps the most unique race so far in the Ogre Kingdoms. They definitely need a full DLC of their own.

I've a Wulfrik campaign in progress and, frankly it's quite boring. A shame given that Norsca is quite an appealing faction IMO but you're just destroying stuff and the global recruitment mechanic is broken for them.

I'd forgotten about them to be honest. They need a rework almost as badly as the Beastmen.

H. H. Asquith

I've been having a go at Clan Eshin again and finally wanting to play it through to the end.

QsoUTDp.png

Gutter Runner stats really are ludicrous.

They're like the best skirmish cav in the game.
    The slingers and Death Runners are pretty strong too, and my goon squad of Sniktch and 2 Assassins will demolish any single entity in about 5 seconds.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 7,306 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

They really are excellent. Particularly like the Last Defenders one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

On the Grom campaign I missed sacking the Dwarf settlement in the first five turns so I’m missing a recipe also completely missed putting the shrunken head on the hag which gives a golem summon from the start of the campaign. I feel like they highlight the wrong things sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭blackwave

Wood Elf DLC will be released in December, no further info given other than that unfortunately.

So new DLC been revealed; Twilight Sisters vs Throt the Unclean
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-ii-the-twisted-the-twilight-faq/

Bullet point stuff:
    -Amber is f***ing gone as a core mechanic, only used for a few tech unlocks
    -WElves now journey to forests dotted round the map to "heal" them, can also use a fast travel between forests (has a cooldown)
    -Ariel looks to be some form of Hero/summonable unit
    -Zoats are in baby!
    -Throt has a flesh crafting mechanic, can "improve" units
    -Skaven get lots of large rat themed beasts
    -Twilight sisters have a "forge" mechanic to make unique items or improve old ones

FLC is a new Skaven Chieftain hero type and Drycha the Branchwraith for the WElves

I f*cking love Skaven. They weren't great when they came out. I started a campaign with The Prophet & Warlock and they're just so much better now. Glad they're getting more DLC.

H. H. Asquith

I think Im looking forward to having another proper faction up by Kislev as much as anything.
    I presume they'll start in Hell Pit on Mortal Empires.

Gbear wrote: »
    I think Im looking forward to having another proper faction up by Kislev as much as anything.
    I presume they'll start in Hell Pit on Mortal Empires.

Yeah thats a dead cert.

As for the two new WElf start spots....hrm, possibly the Laurelorn Forest north of Altdorf and maybe the forest way down south east of Khemri. Or they will add one or two new ones to the map, seeing as you have to go purify them....so could we see tons of new WElf factions dotted around the game now?

Yeah thats a dead cert.

As for the two new WElf start spots....hrm, possibly the Laurelorn Forest north of Altdorf and maybe the forest way down south east of Khemri. Or they will add one or two new ones to the map, seeing as you have to go purify them....so could we see tons of new WElf factions dotted around the game now?

It sounds like there's one up in Naggarond, which will be where Moulder and the new WElf faction will start on Vortex, and the WElf, I assume, on Mortal Empires.

Breakdown of the new units here:

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Couple of rebalancing things they've done here as well that'll impact all factions. Ranged units apparently get a 1.2s amnesty where missiles will not hit trees, so you can put ranged units in trees and they'll be able to shoot out but still get protection from them, and you can abandon settlements now which is something I wish I've been able to do at various points so good option. Also you get to choose your own Chaos invasion, from turning it off to having it much much tougher.]

Now that there's sales on I reckon I'll get the couple of DLCs I don't have, which will bring me up to owning everything, don't want to think about how much it all cost :eek:

Couple of rebalancing things they've done here as well that'll impact all factions. Ranged units apparently get a 1.2s amnesty where missiles will not hit trees, so you can put ranged units in trees and they'll be able to shoot out but still get protection from them, and you can abandon settlements now which is something I wish I've been able to do at various points so good option. Also you get to choose your own Chaos invasion, from turning it off to having it much much tougher.]

Now that there's sales on I reckon I'll get the couple of DLCs I don't have, which will bring me up to owning everything, don't want to think about how much it all cost :eek:

I've put a good 2000 hours in WH2 alone, so I'm not too bothered by accumulated cost, and it's one of the few games I've been happy to preorder content for.

It looks like a fantastic rework on the whole, and the units look brilliant. I've been watching a few show matches to showcase the new units and they seem to add a lot of veriety for both races.

The only thing is that as ever, the WE DLC faction unique mechanics are a bit of an afterthought.

• Advertisement

I've spent hundreds of pounds between Warhammer 2 and various Paradox titles. I'm much more concerned about getting a good game with genuine longevity than with the amount of money I'm spending over time. I'm much more annoyed about spending nearly 40 quid on Resident Evil 3, a game that lasted me 4.5 hours.

A lot of the DLC is lord packs which certainly aren't integral to the main game unlike a lot of Paradox DLC's. Creative Assembly do, in fairness release faction reworks for free along with a complementary lord.

The only thing is that I've seen one Youtuber, LegendofTotalWar claim that the Wood Elves are a bit weaker now but he does play on Legendary difficulty so that might be skewing him a bit. I've never played them but I might do now as I've bought the DLC and I like the Skaven as well.

H. H. Asquith

Advertisement