Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snes region free mod

Options
  • 23-06-2020 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi.
    I was looking to get my snes region free modded. Not sure where I should look to. My last soldering attempts didn't end well so staying clear for now.

It's an sns cpu 02. A supercic looks perfect.
    Anyone here able to point me in the direction of someone who could do this or am I better off just buying a modded super famicom from ebay?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I'd be up for doing it should you get a SuperCIC kit and send on the console/kit to me and pay for the return etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 DRSEire

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    I'd be up for doing it should you get a SuperCIC kit and send on the console/kit to me and pay for the return etc.

Hi
    Thanks for the fast reply..
    Would this be ok?
    Seller says it will work on my console? Or would you recommend the bigger version?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254560951432

DRSEire wrote: »
    Hi
    Thanks for the fast reply..
    Would this be ok?
    Seller says it will work on my console? Or would you recommend the bigger version?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254560951432

Tbh I don't know. From a look the red PCB one they sell does the 2&3 chip SNES version and black one does the 3 chip only? Do the research to ensure whatever kit you get will do the job

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Tbh I don't know. From a look the red PCB one they sell does the 2&3 chip SNES version and black one does the 3 chip only? Do the research to ensure whatever kit you get will do the job

I asked the seller will it suit a snsp cpu 02 and he said yes it would.. I'll ask him again and do a bit of research..Would hate to get the wrong pcb..lol.

I asked the seller will it suit a snsp cpu 02 and he said yes it would.. I'll ask him again and do a bit of research..Would hate to get the wrong pcb..lol.

Just to update, I pulled the trigger on a modded sfc. Got one at a reasonable price and looks clean. Not a 1 chip but that doesn't bother me..Thanks again for your help. Much appreciated. I have 2 other snes consoles so if I decide to mod 1 of those I'll send you a dm if ok.
    Thank you.

• Advertisement

Just to update, I pulled the trigger on a modded sfc. Got one at a reasonable price and looks clean. Not a 1 chip but that doesn't bother me..Thanks again for your help. Much appreciated. I have 2 other snes consoles so if I decide to mod 1 of those I'll send you a dm if ok.
    Thank you.
    Happy gaming :)

Advertisement