Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Will Skyrim Remastered Run Well on My PC?

• 23-10-2016 4:35pm
    Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Just wondering would anyone more technically minded than me know if I'll have any issues running Remastered on my PC?

I know I've got better than the minimum specs, but I want to make sure it'll still run well on high graphics settings and with mods loaded.

The minimum specs are:

Processor: Intel i5-750/AMD Phenom II X4-945
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 470 1GB /AMD HD 7870 2GB
    Storage: 12 GB available space

The recommended specs are:

Processor: Intel i5-2400/AMD FX-8320
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB /AMD R9 290 4GB
    Storage: 12 GB available space

My specs are:

Processor: AMD FX-4300 Quad Core 3.8 Ghz
    Memory: 16 GB RAM
    Graphics: Nvidia GTX 950 WF OC 2GB
    Storage: Over 500GB available

What do ye reckon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

you'll be able to run it easy with that spec. It's mods that slow the game down for me and CTD it. I'm guessing the update is going to foul up a load of mods too though so i'll be running it clean first time to check it all out, i just need a save after that intro :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I can't even get mine to launch. Updating everything

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

bluewolf wrote: »

Same here. Keeps saying it's updating something step one of 2 then when it's finished, nothing happens.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Toots wrote: »
    Same here. Keeps saying it's updating something step one of 2 then when it's finished, nothing happens.

Ok
    so for that, go into steamapp/common/skyrim se/ and remove the installscript.vdf and put it somewhere else
    it'll then move on

If it doesn't launch after that, uninstall the MS redistribution packages (except the latest one) from control panel then hit uninstall-> repair on the latest one

had exactly both those issues this afternoon
    couldn't even figure out the issue with the latter until i went into the skyrim launcher from the folder! steam wouldn't tell me anything
    also doesn't hurt to verify the files from steam

Currently running it maxed out with mods on a core 2 Duo 3ghz 4gb ram and a rx 470. Hardly dropping a frame.

I wasn't expecting to be able to max it out so had ordered a new cpu, mobo and ram at the end of last week.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Ok
    so for that, go into steamapp/common/skyrim se/ and remove the installscript.vdf and put it somewhere else
    it'll then move on

If it doesn't launch after that, uninstall the MS redistribution packages (except the latest one) from control panel then hit uninstall-> repair on the latest one

had exactly both those issues this afternoon
    couldn't even figure out the issue with the latter until i went into the skyrim launcher from the folder! steam wouldn't tell me anything
    also doesn't hurt to verify the files from steam

I'd already deleted the installscript.vdf with no joy, but hadn't uninstalled the MS redistribution packages, so I'll give that a shot now. Verified the files from Steam but they said they were all fine.

Man if things were going on schedule I should already be joining the Thieves Guild by now :(

For some reason windows isn't letting me uninstall any of the redistribution packages. I keep getting an error message of 1719 with windows installer. Trying troubleshooting steps, but so far nothing is fixing it :/

For some reason windows isn't letting me uninstall any of the redistribution packages. I keep getting an error message of 1719 with windows installer. Trying troubleshooting steps, but so far nothing is fixing it :/

Will it let you repair them?

No it wouldn't let me repair anything.

In the end I had to download 3 missing DLL files that weren't included with the steam download! Pretty crap considering I'd downloaded it twice, and also verified the files with Steam and nothing showed up there.

Finally got playing last night very late, so only just arrived at Whiterun and planning to improve my smithing skills with some Iron ingots I purloined from Riverwood :pac:

Definitely noticing a difference in the countryside - it's much more verdant in Remastered. Same with Whiterun itself, lots more little plants dotted around the place. Not pleased about the use of mods disabling achievements though :( Boo-urns Bethesda!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

No it wouldn't let me repair anything.

In the end I had to download 3 missing DLL files that weren't included with the steam download! Pretty crap considering I'd downloaded it twice, and also verified the files with Steam and nothing showed up there.

Finally got playing last night very late, so only just arrived at Whiterun and planning to improve my smithing skills with some Iron ingots I purloined from Riverwood :pac:

Definitely noticing a difference in the countryside - it's much more verdant in Remastered. Same with Whiterun itself, lots more little plants dotted around the place. Not pleased about the use of mods disabling achievements though :( Boo-urns Bethesda!

Mods now disable achievements?? Some of the best stories I've played were in mods!!

• Advertisement

Mods now disable achievements?? Some of the best stories I've played were in mods!!

Yeah, it's balls. If you use this http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/245/? it allows you to gain achievements again, but only on PC.

For those playing on console it's a bit pointless to allow them go use mods but then not let them unlock achievements. Sure half the mods are things like improved plant textures, or better looking snow. I can understand penalising for using mods that give mad powerful weapons, but the likes of prettier plants or better rivers aren't going to help you play any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Seen a post on steam having bother launching kept crashing with no log when launching. Turned out to be a corrupted install. Deleting the folder manually and redownloading trough steam fixed it for that person.

Advertisement