Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fun things to do in limerick for a date

• 02-04-2010 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi guys
    I have a date comming up and was looking for something interesting to do on it. She has said she isn't keen on going to dinner on a first date and i find the cinema a bit impersonal
    Any suggestions?

Cheers
    L

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭leedsfan88

Hi guys
    I have a date comming up and was looking for something interesting to do on it. She has said she isn't keen on going to dinner on a first date and i find the cinema a bit impersonal
    Any suggestions?

Cheers
    L

How about going to Foleys on a Wednesday night, they often have very good music and the crowd are good and its not too busy and is close to a club(sinbin). The music isn't too loud so you can still carry a conversation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,266 ✭✭✭source

Unigolf out by UL, it's relatively cheap a fun activity and you will be able to talk and get to know each other out there instead of being blasted by music, if you're looking for something to do that doesn't involve getting bladdered then that would be my suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭amybabes

my best dates in limerick have been a match in thomond park, or a day trip to bunratty castle/folk park - a couple of drinks in bunratty after

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

often trying to think of alternatives to the pub myself .. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Emoyeni

I'll second the bunratty trip. It's really good once the weather is ok..

What's wrong with dinner?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 andanotherthing

Cheers for the suggestions guys, hadn't thought of bunratty
    Emoyeni wrote: »
    What's wrong with dinner?

She refuses to go to dinner for first dates- not really sure why tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭amybabes

Op, that made me laugh....haha seems so silly now, but i didn't eat in front of my bf for weeks when we first starting seeing each other!
    sitting facing each other afraid to drop something down your front, take a mouthful of food and burn the mouth off yourself etc.....can be a bit too formal, feel like you're in the spotlight....

then there's the awkwardness of the bill, afraid of ordering something expensive, ordering a big steak and ur date just has a salad etc!!!
    (i once went to the cinema, ordered a large coke and popcorn and my date didn't get anything for himself but produced an apple an a mandarin from his pocket once we had sat down!! turned me off my goodies!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Emoyeni

Fair enough Amybabes.

I guess it's a long time since I went on a first date and have forgotten the awkwardnesses....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

amybabes wrote: »
    (i once went to the cinema, ordered a large coke and popcorn and my date didn't get anything for himself but produced an apple an a mandarin from his pocket once we had sat down!! turned me off my goodies!!)

BRILLIANT :D

reminded me of my cousin that could peel an orange in his pocket and every so often you'd see him dipping in for a segment and discarding the peel from his pocket at the same time, then slipping the piece of orange in his mouth when he thought nobody was looking! :D

miserable git! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

You could go to a Bible Study Meeting and explore the meaning of the salvation of OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

Why not bring her back to your place for coffee

Advertisement