Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,821 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

When you're opening a bag of potatoes, and you cut the little string , pull it and for once it opened all the way across yaaaaayyyy!
    I'm easily amused obviously :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,123 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Ordered a chinese to be delivered for dinner. the lazy deliciousness of it all.

Ordered a chinese to be delivered for dinner. the lazy deliciousness of it all.

Enjoy :) I'm very jealous and hungry right now

Today's TH is my new lovely snuggly jumper was delivered today, it'll be ideal for Autumn

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I saw a bride and groom yesterday, strolling along a street, while their photographer took photos. I was walking in the same direction, on the opposite side of the street. It was lovely seeing everyone coming towards me, smile, as they spotted the couple. Everything has seemed so dreary for the past while. It was just so nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TH that I’m no longer getting error messages all over the shop on here :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,181 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I am always happy I grew up and the end of the 1990's and start of the 2000's.
    School was fine. You went there and did your work and had a bit of fun and went home. Now it's full of active, green flags, codding, more interactive etc. I'm delighted I'm out of the place.
    We had a bit of technology growing up. We had camera phones, basic social media as teenagers and smart phones, etc later on but it was alight. Kids, teenagers now are either obsessed with social media or their parents ban everything until they are about 18.(Which will end up well). Similar with looking at stuff online it's wither one way or the other.

I am always happy I grew up and the end of the 1990's and start of the 2000's.
    School was fine. You went there and did your work and had a bit of fun and went home. Now it's full of active, green flags, codding, more interactive etc. I'm delighted I'm out of the place.
    We had a bit of technology growing up. We had camera phones, basic social media as teenagers and smart phones, etc later on but it was alight. Kids, teenagers now are either obsessed with social media or their parents ban everything until they are about 18.(Which will end up well). Similar with looking at stuff online it's wither one way or the other.

we didnt even have a remote control for the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

I put up a bird feeder a couple of weeks ago and was disappointed to see the birds weren't going near it. When I got up this morning and opened the curtains two little birds flew away from the feeder. Then I saw three more come along to eat. I'm only delighted they are using it, such a pleasure to see them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TH that my dad got some good news from his doctor's appointment today.

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    I put up a bird feeder a couple of weeks ago and was disappointed to see the birds weren't going near it. When I got up this morning and opened the curtains two little birds flew away from the feeder. Then I saw three more come along to eat. I'm only delighted they are using it, such a pleasure to see them :)

I think they do a recon mission for a week or two, before actually feeding. Also, this time of year, their world is bountiful. Wait till the frosts. They’ll be waiting for you to fill the feeder. Beware divebombing birds.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

we didnt even have a remote control for the tv.

I was the remote. Sometimes I was also the indoors aerial... :(

New Home wrote: »

Me too!

My TH from earlier on today, the first test coffee from my new coffee machine was actually quite nice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Little Miss Fairy

Friend called in today and her little ones went bananas with the mushroom bubble machine. A few hours later, I waved them off and, ignoring the mess poured a glass or two of wine. It might be wine goggles but the place is shining.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,328 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I was all of these and the "wallop the side of the TV" person to try to get the picture on the screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

That my English is improving by reading and researching words from this forum.

Me too. I always felt aggrieved by this because my dad sat closer to the tv than anybody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Smelling my dog after he has been groomed. He must think I'm very strange.

Enjoying a lovely cappuccino at home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,225 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Watching Mammy Finch with her baby finches :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,726 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Not trivial, but I brought my 15 year old dog to the vet on Tuesday Morning, and was given her death sentence (2 weeks left at most), as her malignant tumour was inoperable. I got a second Opinion Tuesday evening and she was brought straight into surgery. She’s home now sitting beside me, wagging her tail :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That makes me sooo happy, Dtp! :)

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Not trivial but brought my 15 year old dog to the vet on Tuesday Morning, and was given her death sentence (2 weeks left at most), as her malignant tumour was inoperable. I got a second Opinion Tuesday evening and she was brought straight into surgery. She’s home now sitting beside me, wagging her tail :)

That's the best news! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Not trivial but brought my 15 year old dog to the vet on Tuesday Morning, and was given her death sentence (2 weeks left at most), as her malignant tumour was inoperable. I got a second Opinion Tuesday evening and she was brought straight into surgery. She’s home now sitting beside me, wagging her tail :)

Great to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Drinking a Baileys now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I have been looking out for a faux black leather jacket for a while now.
    Found the perfect one today in Penneys for €17!

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Found a tenner tucked in amongst some receipts in my wallet this morning :)
    Its the little things :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Aware that I will likely not get the sld supports I need in uni in sept, I found an online course that covers the basics of some of the predictable parts of the courses . The courses were less than 20e each

I had a look at last terms uni books on the topic and the cost essential reading list came to about 100e to buy, and I cant be sure if these will be the ones referenced this sept as well.

The online course had a book that was downloadable and was one the uni list, today, a pdf arrives for the other two book from that list. My ex accounting heart is th the I have the books I need for less than half the uni price.

I couldn’t get over to the UK for my grandson’s fifth birthday, so I texted Lilian Smith this morning and she read it out as a dedication. I sent the voice memo file over to my daughter, which she played for him. He was amazed that his birthday had been mentioned on “national radio in Ireland”.

Happy Birthday Harry xx

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Swimming in the sea. Fell back in love with it last month when I visited family in Mayo. The weather then was pure crap so I didn’t really enjoy it all that much. This morning I got up early and drove to a beach nearby. The water was perfect (apart from the jellyfish!) and I got my swim in before it got busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

On Friday, I was walking through the canteen in work when one of the canteen girls stopped me and said "I know we've stopped serving but you didn't have a breakfast, did you?". I said "Nah, but I'm fine," but changed my mind immediately and said "Okay, I'll have a couple of sausages, a couple of hash browns, and some pudding." As I was saying I realised I only had cash rather than card,but she said, "I'm finishing as 3 today after 7 years here. Enjoy your breakfast!". I'm sure she would have given it to me even if I had my card.

So I got a free breakfast. :cool: Less than €2.50 but still. It's not the money. Just the thought. :)

Advertisement