Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Conor McGregor Arrested for Sexual Assault

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Was Larry Murphy a role model?

He might have been McGregors role model?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,584 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Georges St. Pierre is the epitome of the "Gentle" Man that can and did excel in MMA. Conor wishes he could accomplish as much as Georges did.

Another one who keeps very questionable company!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cbreeze

inthenip wrote: »

Mcgregor will end up in jail eventually.

Only when he runs out of money

• Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Would be interesting to hear from someone who knew him growing up to hear was he always like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Poor old Conor Mcgregor...constantly accused of violence, cheating, sexual assult, rape by a range of people across different continents...constantly claiming he's innocent and getting away with it all the time.

It's about time he served some serious jail time for all of his disgusting acts. He's a violent prick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,025 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

nj27 wrote: »
    I'm not a legal scholar

If you're not a legal scholar then don't be trying to bamboozle us with fancy legal definitions :pac:

nj27 wrote: »
    1, was his dick in or out? 2, did he have a rod? 3, did he nut on anyone? Other possible considerations relate to whether or not he defecated on anyone in the bar that evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

Would be interesting to hear from someone who knew him growing up to hear was he always like this.

I'd say he was your typical cheeky pup type, same as many brought up in his estate.

Unfortunately the money and power has made him think he can do what he likes and that the law doesn't apply to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Capt. Autumn

Following this thread with interest got me wondering, where are the MMA neanderthals offering support for their Messiah, The King of Knackers, Conor, this evening.

Not long ago I was threatened by one of his henchmen that I was going to be very sorry I disclosed my distaste for the MMA online. I was warned to 'disable all my online accounts immediately, or I'd be sorry'. ...Where are this National Embarrassment's apologists this evening?

Uncouth, no self-awareness, narcissistic, bullying, grandiose, criminal.....use whatever adjective you want but there's no getting away from it, McGregor is now Ireland's answer to Donald Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »
    Irish sportstar Conor McGregor has been arrested in France. https://www.the42.ie/conor-mcgregor-20-5203114-Sep2020/

What's he doing in France, is it green list as cases high?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Saw the title of the thread.

"Sure, that was months ago" I thought to myself.

Click in.

Oh right...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Enjoy...

He begged for his life against that guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

J. Marston wrote: »
    Enjoy...

He begged for his life against that guy.

McTapper is spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Be right back

Hopefully Dee will come to her senses now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Hopefully Dee will come to her senses now..

My hole. She's enjoying the good life, reckon she'll put up with anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Be right back

My hole. She's enjoying the good life, reckon she'll put up with anything.

I don't know how she sticks it, with all the rumours and allegations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

In Fairness if McGregor broke up with Dee what other guy would ever look at her? Imagine Mcgregor and his gangster friends as your new girlfriends ex.....

JJayoo wrote: »
    In Fairness if McGregor broke up with Dee what other guy would ever look at her? Imagine Mcgregor and his gangster friends as your new girlfriends ex.....

There's an underclass that would be queuing up I reckon...

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: Just deleted 58 posts that were basically shítposting.

eviltwin
    Queasy Tadpole
    Fuascailteoir
    CQD
    Berties_Horse

...all threadbanned. Don't post in the thread again.

A couple of ground rules:

1. Unequivocally equating MMA as a sport to rape/assault is a ridiculous argument and adds nothing to the discussion. Please don't make the point again.
    2. The purpose of the thread is to discuss the current allegation against Conor McGregor, not to discuss the sport as a whole - we have a forum for that already.
    3. Any further use of derogatory terms or epithets will be met with a forum ban.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I dont normally post in CA but I just saw this report about McGregor so am adding my tuppence...

1. When he was a rising star in MMA, while most of us probably had never heard of the sport, we delighted in his tricolour wrapped victories..
    2. He mind-****ed the whole lot of them in the 'sport' and maximised his financial advantage by running rings around the great poobahs who had made fortunes out of young lads beating the living ****e out of each other in a cage.. He made millions out of that...
    3. If he's paying a boat-load of taxes in Ireland that goes towards paying for my pension, Good Man Conor!..
    4. i've seen/heard it said that Conor's a scrote. Well, he may well have been a scrote, and may have surrounded himself with scrotes, but at least, he was OUR scrote..
    5. In recent years, as the money and associated baubels and substances may have accumulated, the former possible scrote seems to have become a bit of a dick. Maybe thats a promotion! In the dick phase, he certainly started to lose the loooove from his fellow Paddy/Biddy compatriots.
    6. What I don't know is how has his 'role model' status translated into positive things for young !ads in Crumlin? What has he given back? I dont mean what has he invested in for his own benefit? I mean what has he created from his blood and sweat in the cage that benefits his community? And I'm not talking a vanload of turkeys at Christmas
    7. His partner, Dee and children should not be brought into this. How she feels and what she does or doesn't say is none of your/our business, unless you want to be a dick yourself.
    8. This latest incident needs to unfold further before judgements are made. If the Corsicans go full criminal proceedings, they wont make it easy for him. If, on the other hand, they judge him to not have a charge to answer, he'll be fine. Anything considered he said/she said or legally borderline or perhaps a 'misunderstanding' may get resolved by payment of appropriate restitution. Much can be assumed from whether they hold him or allow him to 'sail away' to Monaco.
    9. And yes, his whiskey is RUFF but its not bad for doing a Sonny Knowles and cleanin' windas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,115 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

He certainly is the pricks prick waffling about how wrong foreign travel was and then documenting himself in a European tour. Was he raised as a prick from birth or did it come to him after the money arrived?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

He certainly is the pricks prick waffling about how wrong foreign travel was and then documenting himself in a European tour. Was he raised as a prick from birth or did it come to him after the money arrived?

The father is a muppet, he was rattling on about his suit having no pockets or something ridiculous, if its in the dog, it's in the pup. Money equates to success in the eyes of some people, and I don't begrudge the man his money, but it doesn't make him intelligent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

BloodBath wrote: »
    How comfortable would you feel leaving them in a room with a certain rugby team? Bigoted nonsense.

Is this the rugby team whose members were found not guilty by a jury in one of the fastest decisions ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭AllForIt

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I dont normally post in CA but I just saw this report about McGregor so am adding my tuppence...

1. When he was a rising star in MMA, while most of us probably had never heard of the sport, we delighted in his tricolour wrapped victories..
    2. He mind-****ed the whole lot of them in the 'sport' and maximised his financial advantage by running rings around the great poobahs who had made fortunes out of young lads beating the living ****e out of each other in a cage.. He made millions out of that...
    3. If he's paying a boat-load of taxes in Ireland that goes towards paying for my pension, Good Man Conor!..
    4. i've seen/heard it said that Conor's a scrote. Well, he may well have been a scrote, and may have surrounded himself with scrotes, but at least, he was OUR scrote..
    5. In recent years, as the money and associated baubels and substances may have accumulated, the former possible scrote seems to have become a bit of a dick. Maybe thats a promotion! In the dick phase, he certainly started to lose the loooove from his fellow Paddy/Biddy compatriots.
    6. What I don't know is how has his 'role model' status translated into positive things for young !ads in Crumlin? What has he given back? I dont mean what has he invested in for his own benefit? I mean what has he created from his blood and sweat in the cage that benefits his community? And I'm not talking a vanload of turkeys at Christmas
    7. His partner, Dee and children should not be brought into this. How she feels and what she does or doesn't say is none of your/our business, unless you want to be a dick yourself.
    8. This latest incident needs to unfold further before judgements are made. If the Corsicans go full criminal proceedings, they wont make it easy for him. If, on the other hand, they judge him to not have a charge to answer, he'll be fine. Anything considered he said/she said or legally borderline or perhaps a 'misunderstanding' may get resolved by payment of appropriate restitution. Much can be assumed from whether they hold him or allow him to 'sail away' to Monaco.
    9. And yes, his whiskey is RUFF but its not bad for doing a Sonny Knowles and cleanin' windas!

I'd agree with a lot of that. I just had to look up "Dee" wondering who this person is not being a McGregor follower. It's just a bit gossipy to be bringing her into it.

On your point 1 though; personally I never understood how people who have no interest in a particular sport join in in the celebrations when an Irish person does well. When Katie Taylor won Olympic gold, it meant absolutely nothing to me personally and I didn't follow it at all at the time much the amusement of my acquaintances. Especially in the case of niche sports. So I personally have never taken personal delight in his 'tricolour wrapped victories'. I should keep that in mind when I find him embarrassing on the world stage as I shouldn't feel that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

This guy has too much time and money on his hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

How does he keep on getting visas to travel to the USA ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Pkiernan wrote: »

Green paper.
    If you have enough of it you can do anything in the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

Pkiernan wrote: »

This allegedly happened in France.

Esse85 wrote: »
    This allegedly happened in France.

He has multiple criminal convictions which normally prohibits entry in to the US.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement