Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Why do people get outraged about stupid stuff

• 12-09-2020 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

If the Sun prints an inflammatory headline

That's their job they do it to sell newspapers

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Zarco wrote: »

Attention, clicks, likes, virtue signalling, money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

People are stupid and media and playing them

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

It’s not just the newspapers. People get their knickers in a “twist” over tweets on Twitter.

They seem to seek it out and “revel” in their own anger, and outrage.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 30,179 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

They are different types of people for starters and people deal with different situations differently.
    Some like the drama, some can’t deal with things, etc.
    However lately I’ve noticed if somebody makes a small comment about disliking something some people like to turn it into a big ordeal of them being outraged.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭3d4life

I'm amazed at the stuff that people start threads over on AH.

Mods should be much tougher

Lifetime bans in order

In some cases even non rat OPs should br taken out by the elite gun cat squad that live in the basement of Boards Towers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Angry men on internet. Just men.

Omackeral wrote: »

Angry white heterosexual men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Angry, white, heterosexual, privileged men.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Middle aged as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭landofthetree

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wDYNVH0U3cs&t=1s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

Check outt the current
    'Car Wash Issue' on going on boards at the moment..lads getting tetchy...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

We've got a false impression of how much outrage there is. The media seeks it out and then places like boards amplify and distort it: exhibit A, the Current Affairs forum.

Also the angry, white, heterosexual, middle aged men can’t be from a traveller background.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Seamai wrote: »

Dont forget Karen.
    According to a popular meme, Karen is a middle-aged white woman with an asymmetrical bob asking to speak to the manager, who happens to be as entitled as she is ignorant.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Why just men? Can you elaborate ?

Angry white heterosexual men.

Why the above?

Seamai wrote: »

Why the above?

sligojoek wrote: »
    Middle aged as well

Why the above?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Kylta wrote: »

It is mainly men, to be fair. Visit any of the "discussions" in Current Affairs and it's usually all fellas, with a few token female voices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Mostly because inside they are probably desperately sad and frustrated I imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

On here, it's mainly men - usually getting outraged about something 'woke' or the 'SJWs' or whatever Americanism they happen to have obsessively latched onto at any given time.

But go onto any local Facebook group and it very much isn't mainly men getting outraged about stupid stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Kylta wrote: »

I'm just taking off a self-appointed ''legend'' of the boards saying that tbh.

I'm just taking off a self-appointed ''legend'' of the boards saying that tbh.

I don't know who that so called legend is but I'd imagine there hasbeens now. Because I'm the only legend of the boards, all the others are like cheap fake tans, that was off during the rain. I'm here to stay (i think) so you can quote me in future. Actually Omackeral when your thinking about god in future you can think about me,

Can somebody help me out here? AH is about taking the p!ss out of each other, so how can people get serious and annoyed over it. A lot if the other forums have serious issue discussions. But anybody posting on AH shouldn't get annoyed or irked, they should enjoy the banter between like minded posters. Am I right or wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I blame boards.ie, sure didn't they start it? :D

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

.anon. wrote: »
    On here, it's mainly men - usually getting outraged about something 'woke' or the 'SJWs' or whatever Americanism they happen to have obsessively latched onto at any given time.

But go onto any local Facebook group and it very much isn't mainly men getting outraged about stupid stuff.

Nah its definitely more the other way around around here anyway - with the sjw's and wokkers getting absolutely outraged with just about everyone and anything they disagree with. But most especially where others don't hold the same views and opinions as them.

Some of the dialogue generated from this lot would make Stalin appear to be a tolerant paternal figure lol.

Bizarrely can't find any existing nicknames for these type of outragers - I think I'll call them "Justins" for the hell of it :D

If you think boards is bad - try the Dubai Forum for some real hilarity

https://www.dubaiforums.com/professionals-dubai/hunt-job-dubai-t8623.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

gozunda wrote: »
    Nah its definitely more the other way around around here anyway - with the sjw's and wokkers getting absolutely outraged with just about everyone and anything they disagree with. But most especially where others don't hold the same views and opinions as them.

Some of the dialogue generated from this lot would make Stalin appear to be a tolerant paternal figure lol.

Yeah, in one thread I saw a guy go into meltdown because another user would rather take the opinion of an expert over his. Definite signs of being an egomaniac.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,015 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Because people believe it and then use this information to attack people who have absolutely no reason to be attacked or vote for people who have absolutely no busienss being in power.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Actually I stopped buying newspapers when they stopped printing news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Don't know about that. The three women on liveline yesterday arguing about wether it was insulting to transsexuals and nonbinary to use the term women seemed pretty angry about a stupid thing.

Advertisement