Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Does anyone know if i reorder sim and 2 will be sent can I have 2sims on one account or can I create 2nd account and give it to my son?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Does anyone know if i reorder sim and 2 will be sent can I have 2sims on one account or can I create 2nd account and give it to my son?

Think the accounts are done by mobile numbers, so you can only have one per account/phone number/email. But shouldn't be a problem to set him up with another SIM card/email. If you refer/"recruit" him too you should also both get a month free - speaking of which, all of you in the thread should be referring each other to get the most out of this. I've just updated the referral thread with my link - you should all use/update this for SIMs to get free months on top of the decent price. Thread here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=113385202#post113385202

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭orm0nd

got the dispatch email in my spam folder to day ( anybody waiting maybe check your spam folder)

does voice mail work ok & is it free to listen to messages ?

should have my sim in a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 38 rossyd2005

I am with 48 since the start too. You get what you pay for in my opinion with them.
    I have always found the internet slow when using mobile data but i think it may have been upgraded recently.
    Signal can be a little patchy at times but same with them all.
    Im still happy with it though as its been 10 euro a month for 6 years with not one cent extra taken or overcharged etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Got the dispatch email for free sim. Got my iPhone unlock code yesterday so will pop the new sim in when it comes to unlock. My Vodafone plan doesn't run out for 2 weeks, can I test the new sim in the phone at home/work to see signal and then decide a couple of days after to move my number to that sim or do you have to activate it immediately?

I also read you can stack memberships- can I pay say 30 euro and not have to worry about topping up for 3 months??

What's the site like for checking out data used, minutes etc? (Interface /navigation)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Loozer

What's the quickest way to check your balance?

Is there a number u can text

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Short codes...
    https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/Handy-short-codes/ta-p/988

*100# Your account balance
    *100*1# Remaining land line minutes
    *100*2# Remaining mobile calls allowance
    *100*3# Remaining texts allowance
    *100*4# Roaming minutes left (Outgoing)
    *100*5# Roaming minutes left (Incoming)
    *100*6# Roaming texts left
    *100*8# How much internet you have left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

I am on 48months.ie "The Don" package for €20.

For that I get

20GB data (4G)
    1000 mobile minutes
    60 landline minutes
    Unlimited Whatsapp (not taken from data allowance)
    Free SMS (there is a charge for MMS)

I confirmed with them that the 300 minutes they have reduced both packages too, is for both landline and mobile calls, and that whatsapp is now taken from data allowance.

I see the option to switch minutes for data, but not the other way around. I don't see an option to buy an Add-On for more minutes, either.

I think I'll stay with my legacy plan for another while yet. I don't need 40GB data, but I think reducing from 1060 minutes per month to 300 is a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Short codes...
    https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/Handy-short-codes/ta-p/988

*100# Your account balance
    *100*1# Remaining land line minutes
    *100*2# Remaining mobile calls allowance
    *100*3# Remaining texts allowance
    *100*4# Roaming minutes left (Outgoing)
    *100*5# Roaming minutes left (Incoming)
    *100*6# Roaming texts left
    *100*8# How much internet you have left
    Just click the app and it's all there on front page.

Well, app is being updated at that min.

Good app though.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

Is it possible to swap minutes for extra EU roaming data?

• Advertisement

How do u get the 1gb credit?

Do u just register and put the SIM into fone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,725 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Mr.S wrote: »
    The sim comes with 1GB free to test but it only lasts 5 days.

awww crap!! Thought I could use it as a backup sim for text confirmations etc without subscribing!
    Loozer wrote: »
    How do u get the 1gb credit?

Do u just register and put the SIM into fone?

Yep, think so, the sim I got (which I haven't yet opened) says it's just included.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,273 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Is it necessary to explicitly cancel with 48 if switching the number away to another provider? The in-laws are switching to Virgin, as the availability of phone support is worth the fiver a month extra.

Do they take PayPal?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jimmy86

Loozer wrote: »
    Do they take PayPal?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Twice I've ordered a sim. No sim and no email. Wtf.

Ordered my second sim last Tuesday, received an email late Friday night to say it was on it's way. Not sure if it's for first or second order! Hopefully will have it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

jimmy86 wrote: »
    Ordered my second sim last Tuesday, received an email late Friday night to say it was on it's way. Not sure if it's for first or second order! Hopefully will have it tomorrow.

How are they even managing orders? Presumably it's staff working from home?

Same here.

Same here.

Edit:just got email that was dispatched.Not sure if its one ordered on 25th or last friday :)

• Advertisement

Received my sim this morning after getting a dispatch notification late Friday night.

Ported number, straight forward - took about 10 mins. 4g speeds seem to be hovering between 45-55mb at the moment!

Edit:just got email that was dispatched.Not sure if its one ordered on 25th or last friday :)

No email, nothing. Frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭orm0nd

No email, nothing. Frustrating.

Received sim a couple of days ago and activated free data. Very poor speed at home, out and about not too bad but not on par with vodafone

Can't make calls but it does pick up calls every where Vodafone does.

I'm out in the sticks in the Midwest area, still not decided if I'll port over or not. Use WiFi at home so data speeds there not vital.

Sim arrived before I went to work. I was in testing on 2 dual sim devices.Redmi Note 5 and Redmi 8

Note 5:
    Vodafone Galway city centre
    D:119. U:80
    48.ie
    D:70. U:40

Vodafone ,Galway county east(Athenry,Loughrea)
    D:6.8. U:0.78
    48.ie
    D:22.13 U: 3.13

Redmi 8:
    Vodafone Galway city centre
    D:109 U: 77
    48.ie
    D:80. U:33

All results In Mbps with Ookla speedtest app.

Could not believe speed with Vodafone was so $hite even when I had 4G+ on my phone at work.Will port over my kid after work for sure and the rest when our Vodafone bundle expire

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

This is ridiculous. It keeps telling me I can't order a SIM because I'm outside Ireland.

I've tried on:
    - via broadband
    - via broadband with Irish VPN
    - mobile on wifi
    - mobile (on Three!)

And in incognito mode on all of them.

Is their site just knackered? This isn't very confidence inspiring

Mr.S wrote: »
    I had the same issue on Virgin Media wifi, I had to go on mobile data (GoMo) to get it to work. Seems like their geo-IP detection is messed up.

Only thing I can think of is find someone with a different mobile connection and hot-spot off their phone?

Cheers, I know some of the old UPC IPs show up as being in Holland, so figured that might be it.

But if they're owned by Three, and they can't recognise Three mobile data as being in Ireland, think I'll steer clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

MOH wrote: »
    This is ridiculous. It keeps telling me I can't order a SIM because I'm outside Ireland.

I've tried on:
    - via broadband
    - via broadband with Irish VPN
    - mobile on wifi
    - mobile (on Three!)

And in incognito mode on all of them.

Is their site just knackered? This isn't very confidence inspiring

All off the one device??

FFVII wrote: »
    All off the one device??

No, broadband and VPN on PC, wifi and mobile data on mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

48 Scheduled Maintenance - 18/05/20 & 19/05/20
    Monday the 18th of May from 5am to 12pm
    Tuesday the 19th of May from 6am – 10am

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/48-Scheduled-Maintenance-18-05-20-amp-19-05-20/ta-p/53233

• Advertisement

2 orders in the past 3 weeks and still no sim. Amateur stuff.

Advertisement