Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

The IFA has a fight on its hands with that watermelon dingbat Ryan anywhere near power. The demented wally that wants to bring back wolves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Green party members would be mad in the head to reject this deal. Given they have only 12 seats they have extracted a high price from FFG. That said Green party members are a bit mad in the head anyway so you never know.

Will be fun to see Saoirse McHugh spontaneous combust if they pass it.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

JRant wrote: »
    Probably not legal under EU rules but just like VRT it will be ignored.

Unless they subsidise the price by 50% electric cars aren't a runner and the grid isn't up to it any way, get the notion the greens will try to ban private cars of any kind, protests will be interesting , Dublin blocked in every way, ports ,roads and rail lines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Hopefully it also marks the end of the Soc Dems - surely no voter in their senses will give them another chance after they have completely blown this opportunity to participate in government.

I think I'm right in adding that they also rejected SF's overtures - so it's clear that they are a party whose sole raison d'etre is fence sitting while pretending to be morally and ethically superior to everyone else.

I suspect that Stephen Donnelly will be blowing kisses at the two biddies next week after picking up his Ministerial Seal of Office in the Aras!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

There might have to be an extra strong bong passed around the teepee at tonight’s drum circle.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Be careful what you wish for SF will only lose ground in a new elections everyone's fed up with them.

SF are not going anywhere. They are going to get even stronger now as the majority of young people prefer them to FF and FG.

The youth have been screwed over again.

When can I expect my next rent increase? 1400 for a 3 bedroom house in Dundalk (I know people in the estate paying 900 a month mortgage for same houses)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Seems like the greens got pretty much everything they wanted

Going to be a hard sell for FG and FF in rural constituencies

Grassroots FG and FF will vote against this, I suspect Varadker and Martin will ignore the party vote.

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Seems like the greens got pretty much everything they wanted

Going to be a hard sell for FG and FF in rural constituencies

This is going to be a coup in every way, they will ignore the rural votes,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Who do you reckon will end up in the minister roles?

I reckon

Pascal will retain finance
    Leo will get FA
    Harris will get a nicer portfolio than health.

Donnelly might get health.
    Daragh Obrien will get housing

Eoghan Murphy will be demoted I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

I reckon

Leo will get FA

I'd be in favour of re-introducing a minister for finance and a separate minister for public expenditure, a la Noonan & Howlin. I think it's too wide ranging a job for one person. In which case you'd see O'Donohue and McGrath in the roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I'd be in favour of re-introducing a minister for finance and a separate minister for public expenditure, a la Noonan & Howlin. I think it's too wide ranging a job for one person. In which case you'd see O'Donohue and McGrath in the roles.

I would support this, hand public expenditure to someone who won't run again the next time so they can make the unpopular but desperately required cuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

A poll done a few days ago show 48% support for Leo as next Taoiseach and only 18% for MeHole.

The only poll that counts was done in Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Hopefully it also marks the end of the Soc Dems - surely no voter in their senses will give them another chance after they have completely blown this opportunity to participate in government.

I think I'm right in adding that they also rejected SF's overtures - so it's clear that they are a party whose sole raison d'etre is fence sitting while pretending to be morally and ethically superior to everyone else.

I suspect that Stephen Donnelly will be blowing kisses at the two biddies next week after picking up his Ministerial Seal of Office in the Aras!

the SOC DEMS are always guarenteed love from RTE , the irish times etc , they share all of the same ideals and politics of the liberal media

good will alone should see them stay afloat , they can out WOKE the greens to keep themselves busy and relevant

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Id say this deal with be remarkably difficult to get past the FF party membership, I cant see them voting for this. Thing is though if theres a fresh election they would get hammered so its a bit of a Hobsons choice for FF right now.

FF get Martin as Taoiseach and as you say would be clobbered in another election. They should take this deal gratefully.

The real question is why should FG members accept this? Riding at 35% in the polls now, they lose their position of Taoiseach. Nothing in this document has a FG stamp on it as far as i can see - everything is a concession to the Greens or to FF.

Vote NO!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Is it just me who will forever associate the Green party with Austerity after this?
    FF too, but the Greens most of all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Just working my way through the 139page document

• Registered Users Posts: 15,918 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Talk of him replacing Big Phil in Europe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

FF get Martin as Taoiseach and as you say would be clobbered in another election. They should take this deal gratefully.

The real question is why should FG members accept this? Riding at 35% in the polls now, they lose their position of Taoiseach. Nothing in this document has a FG stamp on it as far as i can see - everything is a concession to the Greens or to FF.

Vote NO!!

I would only that

(i) I'm not a member of FG

and much more importantly

(ii) it looks as though I'll be getting my Contrib State Pension a year earlier than expected - and that's a €12,500 bribe from FF and the Greens that I am unable to ignore!

Edit - not forgetting my free bus pass, electricity and TV licence.

No, they wouldn't win the by election, Regina is the candidate

• Advertisement

Would be a great move for him I reckon. He seems talented, and a good people person. Housing was always going to be a bollox of a ministry.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,650 ✭✭✭✭maccored

thats brilliant. well, it'll probably be a **** show, but FF and FG will hopefully become one and we'll be done with the charade

No, they wouldn't win the by election, Regina is the candidate

FG wouldn't win in Dublin South? Come off it.

Talk of Regina becoming the new FG chairperson

She'll be a senator in the next few weeks, loads of expenses and a hybrid Yaris to keep her quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,650 ✭✭✭✭maccored

If that were to happen, this would be a logical starting point. However I don't think it will happen. Some issue will arise during the life of this government which will cause FF and FG to part ways. It'll be some nonsense or other, and on any other occasion who is on what side could be reversed, but it will keep the dividing line between parties there.

i think the electorate will see how useless they both are when they cant blame the other

She'll be a senator in the next few weeks, loads of expenses and a hybrid Yaris to keep her quiet

He has lost 3 elections in a year. She shouldn't be a senator.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

I wonder if FF will lead on Housing with a Green junior Minister also as part of the brief.

Our media seem very 'comfortable and cosy' with all this. They too are 'anyone but SF'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Vote NO!!

FG had a terrible election. Polls are a pile of poo. If they go back to the general public now I don't see how they would be confident

A number of people said FG would get a bump because of the virus. Everyone turns to leaders in time of crisis. THe virus is now "over" if you listen to some people and most are complaining because now the reality of the shut down is hitting.

I was down with family, first time since Christmas, everyone was just calling for the lockdown to stop now and get back to work. If a general election was called, by the time it would gte around I would suspect that bump FG had will be long gone and they could lose more votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

maccored wrote: »
    i think the electorate will see how useless they both are when they cant blame the other

We joke about that but I can see that. Groundbreaking alright.

• Advertisement

I reckon

Leo will get FA

Pascal will be demoted, McGrath has finance Pascal ,Harris and Coveney will be pushed from the limelight, don't besurpised if there are 5 or 6 Green ministers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement