Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Grayditch wrote: »
    I've heard Slane with Metallica and Judas Priest.

Apart from all the other quoters of quoters of people that heard it from someone in the know, that read it online in a message board...............

Any link? Source??

Unlikely with Priest playing with Ozzy !

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, Helvetesfönster loosely translates to "We're playing Slane", so...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Yeah, Helvetesfönster loosely translates to "We're playing Slane", so...

*immediately goes to Metallica thread to post conclusive evidence ........

:D :pac:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭RayCon

I've heard Slane with Metallica and Judas Priest.

That would suck all types of balls .... hoping for a headline show of their own

It's weird. I reckon they could do the 3 Arena at this stage of their career.

I'm gonna grab tickets to Amsterdam when they go on sale tomorrow anyway.

• Advertisement

Not a chance they'd play the 3Arena as a headliner. I reckon the Olympia would be just about right.

The Olympia is 1200 capacity. It wouldn't be worth their while, while they're selling out the Royal Albert Hall in 20 mins. They're on a full arena tour now playing 5/6k capacities so with a good support 3k plus people in the Three Arena wouldn't be impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The Olympia is 1200 capacity. It wouldn't be worth their while, while they're selling out the Royal Albert Hall in 20 mins. They're on a full arena tour now playing 5/6k capacities so with a good support 3k plus people in the Three Arena wouldn't be impossible.

If a band is only selling 3k tickets, no promoter will put them in the 3 Arena

Just realised the Three is 13,000, so yeah. I dunno why I thought it was a lot less than that. Do we have a decent indoor 5/6k capacity in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Just realised the Three is 13,000, so yeah. I dunno why I thought it was a lot less than that. Do we have a decent indoor 5/6k capacity in Dublin?

The 3 can be scaled in variable ways: curtain across back tier, extend seating to floor, possibly combo of both.

I think a combo of those would make it that size, but then there's be very little standing, possibly look ridiculous too. And the expense would limit it too.

To answer your question, no there's nothing. Wonder would BGE suit them

• Advertisement

I was at Peter Gabriel in the 3 Arena and it was scaled back and seemed fine. The atmosphere was great actually. BGE could be a good shout. otherwise it's as a support and having seen Ghost for an hour at Graspop, it's just not enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Yeah the 3 is overly ambitious for their first venture here imo, They haven't done any arenas in the UK yet even so bit of a stretch to say the Olympia etc is beneath them could easily stick an Ulster Hall date while they're here and do well.

Albert hall isn't a good measuring stick either I mean Black Label Society,Alter Bridge,Opeth,NIN etc were all hosted there but haven't been tested in the arena here not to mention the RAH is a draw in itself.

They've been on quite the upward curve hard to believe now to get in the mid-sized venues in the UK they needed an alcohol sponsored tour with Gojira in tow which I don't think sold out and tickets were a fiver! That's only like 4 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I was at Peter Gabriel in the 3 Arena and it was scaled back and seemed fine. The atmosphere was great actually. BGE could be a good shout. otherwise it's as a support and having seen Ghost for an hour at Graspop, it's just not enough.

Yeah, I was at the Zac Brown Band a year or so ago and the top tier was closed off and the standing areas was half filled with extra seats and although I've no idea what the capacity was down to, it looked nice and intimate and my guess would be around 5-6k.

Confirmed for Slane there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

It's not the way you want to see Ghost really but I'll take it

Yer right. I've booked Amsterdam anyway. Just over 100 for flights and ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭RayCon

So tempted .....

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CapricornOne

I've done the same. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Any recommendations for people heading to Metallica?
    I'm aware of Ghost but pretty unfamilliar. Where should I start?

D.Q wrote: »
    Any recommendations for people heading to Metallica?
    I'm aware of Ghost but pretty unfamilliar. Where should I start?

Meliora is my favourite album of theirs. You could start there. Square Hammer is a good single to listen to as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CapricornOne

Meliora is my favourite album of theirs. You could start there. Square Hammer is a good single to listen to as well.

Yeah, definitely start with Meliora. Give Ceremony and Devotion a couple of spins also to get an idea of what to expect live. There's a tonne of live footage on YouTube also.

*Square Hammer Live for example - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZIwJIEfg3s

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Just discovered these now due to Metallica gig, class so far!

And they have to pay his fees. Ouch.

And they have to pay his fees. Ouch.

Indeed. Forge claimed these were the equivalent of $225,000 but the judge said $146,000 was more realistic. Still a big figure for the lads on what was a claim for $22,000 each.

There's no love lost there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,699 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

In the Thomas house now with Ghost blasting out the PA

How great would it be if they were playing across the road in Vicar Street instead of Slane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Forge and the judge are members of the same masonic lodge. Grounds for a retrial?

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/a/OnOOy1/ghost-sangaren-och-domaren-ar-frimurare--advokaten-jav

Advertisement