Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Johnny Derpp

I tried using netflix with a vpn but it won't let me. Netflix seems to know and tells me it won't work with a vpn on.
    How do I get around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

jarvis wrote: »
    Just got an email from Netflix saying that Argentina has now introduced a tax on Netflix of 35%. It says I will now see this on my card asa separate payment.

Think I’ll cancel and checkout where is cheaper now. Anyone more current cheapest alternative country?

For anyone else wondering I’ve just just checked current Turkish prices. 4K is 42TL (€4.67 on XE.Com). 1080 is 29.90TL (€3.34 on XE.Com).

I’ll be switching from Argentina to Turkey now that Argentina has an extra 35% tax.

In answer to the last comment try a different VPN. I’m using vpn unlimited on my iPhone and it works fine.
    Edit...
    Re reading your question if you mean you’re trying to watch with a VPN rather than add a subscription with one then I don’t know that answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

But does not give you Turkish content etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

But does not give you Turkish content etc?

No, not unless you keep your vpn connected to turkey while watching it. Vpn is only needed for sign up. You'll get the content of whatever country you are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭fafy

Can anyone recommend a VPN to use with Turkey Netflix, there are so many options, and some are 3 years upfront for the lowest monthly price, eg VPN unlimited.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

fafy wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a VPN to use with Turkey Netflix, there are so many options, and some are 3 years upfront for the lowest monthly price, eg VPN unlimited.

Just download the Speedify app and set it to Turkey, sign up, then uninstall Speedify and away you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Just helped friend of mine.
    His Netflix expired 2days ago.I used Speedify on my phone for Turkey ,however his Revolut didnt work so we left his irish card and signed up for 42Lira package.Then he logged in on his phone on irish Netflix and he was able to change payment method to Revolut.All was done in 10min

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Just helped friend of mine.
    His Netflix expired 2days ago.I used Speedify on my phone for Turkey ,however his Revolut didnt work so we left his irish card and signed up for 42Lira package.Then he logged in on his phone on irish Netflix and he was able to change payment method to Revolut.All was done in 10min

And you didn't need the Turkish sim to do it? Mine expires on the 27th and I'll give it a go if I don't need a Turkish phone number

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

And you didn't need the Turkish sim to do it? Mine expires on the 27th and I'll give it a go if I don't need a Turkish phone number

No he didnt.Netflix had his irish mobile and all he had to do was to confirm that was correct phone number

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Just download the Speedify app and set it to Turkey, sign up, then uninstall Speedify and away you go.

Did all that, Downloaded Speedify, selected a Turkey server, VPN is appearing up top, gotonto Netflix Turkey, but won’t accept my credit card, or N26 Card, just get an error on Netflix Turkey sign up page
    “ There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use.”

Have triple checked my details, and they are correct, any ideas ?

Tried 4 different cards, same result- error is the same

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

This is an issue with Netflix not the VPN you are using

This is an issue with Netflix not the VPN you are using

Is there a work around ? seems to be working for other people on here

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Has anyone tried yearly subs like this from cd keys?

https://www.cd-keys.online/sk/streamovacie-sluzby/43-netflix-4k-ultrahd-premium-rocne-predplatne.html

Cant use you own account, they give you a new one.

Did all that, Downloaded Speedify, selected a Turkey server, VPN is appearing up top, gotonto Netflix Turkey, but won’t accept my credit card, or N26 Card, just get an error on Netflix Turkey sign up page

Went on Netflix chat.

As per some posters, they said its an issue at my bank, and as i have exceeded a certain number of attempts, i need to retry in 14 hours. Will try my credit card bank first, to make sure there no issues, but i wouldn't think there is one.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cynosure1023

Kolido wrote: »
    Has anyone tried yearly subs like this from cd keys?

https://www.cd-keys.online/sk/streamovacie-sluzby/43-netflix-4k-ultrahd-premium-rocne-predplatne.html

Cant use you own account, they give you a new one.

Link or website not accessible from Ireland. Got error message.

I think the problem with buying these is that it can be blacklisted or stopped anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Have you done any research through the comments here. It’s discussed on every page I’d say. You need to add payment here on your account via Ireland. Only after payment method is added can you add subscription via another country.

jarvis wrote: »
    Have you done any research through the comments here. It’s discussed on every page I’d say. You need to add payment here on your account via Ireland. Only after payment method is added can you add subscription via another country.

Ya, i read the last few pages. the order i did was:

Turn on vpn, selecting Turkey server
    Find Netflix Turkey, Sign up & select plan, enter card number.

I thought, if i selected a plan on Netflix Ireland first, I would be tied into the Netflix Ireland priced plan ?

Sorry, its a little confusing, so i do the Ireland setup first, and then, after that, i do the vpn part ?

I understood from this, that the first step is signing up to Netflix Turkey, while vpn is turned on:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭wiz569

You need to sign up to a plan from Ireland for a month, you may be able to get a free trial for this, cancel plan before month is up, during the Irish signup make sure to add a mobile number as well as your chosen payment method,

When the plan expires just use a VPN to sign into your existing netflix account from Turkey and you will then get the option to restart your original plan.

wiz569 wrote: »
    You need to sign up to a plan from Ireland for a month, you may be able to get a free trial for this, cancel plan before month is up, during the Irish signup make sure to add a mobile number as well as your chosen payment method,

When the plan expires just use a VPN to sign into your existing netflix account from Turkey and you will then get the option to restart your original plan.

Thank you for the “extra” assistance !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

WTF am I doing wrong?! :(

Last month I cancelled it & let it go for 24 hours after the sub expired
    Used a VPN to be in Turkey but couldn't get it to take any of my Irish cards - not even a Revolut
    Read that maybe i should try a Curve

Renewed Neflix for another month and got a Curve

it expired (having cancelled it during the month) on Saturday and now I can't get it to take any card when connected to Turkey (not even the Curve)

I got on to chat and got them to delete my old card which they did - happy days I thought but it still won't take my card
    No card - they're all rejected

Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

frash wrote: »
    WTF am I doing wrong?! :(

Last month I let it expire
    Used a VPN to be in Turkey but couldn't get it to take any of my Irish cards - not even a Revolut
    Read that maybe i should try a Curve

Renewed Neflix for another month and got a Curve

it expired on Saturday and now I can't get it to take any card when connected to Turkey (not even the Curve)

I got on to chat and got them to delete my old card which they did - happy days I thought but it still won't take my card
    No card - they're all rejected

Any ideas?
    Dont let it expire. Make sure you've enough funds to pay it on card when its due.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Dont let it expire. Make sure you've enough funds to pay it on card when its due.

Expire was the wrong wording - I cancelled it
    Will edit my post

• Registered Users Posts: 10,261 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Did you add the curve card after paying for month in Ireland? I think I spotted people having better luck in paying for a month in Ireland using whatever card you plan to use in future, then cancel, then go on a quick holiday to Turkey to reactivate using the card that has been used previously.

dulpit wrote: »
    Did you add the curve card after paying for month in Ireland? I think I spotted people having better luck in paying for a month in Ireland using whatever card you plan to use in future, then cancel, then go on a quick holiday to Turkey to reactivate using the card that has been used previously.

Thanks, no I used to pay with a BOI credit card.

Ok, will join again
    Pay in Curve
    Cancel
    Wait for month to end
    Go to Turkey
    Reactivate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭BobMc

i'm on mexico at moment, finally going to move, no mobile number on the android app can I add Irish no. now ?

and let it lapse on this account and just re join next month from next region ?

or easier to move to whole new account, current account is using revout no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bleuhh

frash wrote: »
    Thanks, no I used to pay with a BOI credit card.

Ok, will join again
    Pay in Curve
    Cancel
    Wait for month to end
    Go to Turkey
    Reactivate

Just FYI I tried this. I have tried everything the last 2/3 months. Nothing works. I contacted chat, asked them to reset my payment details (it took me literally begging at one stage) - they sent me a hyperlink, and it didn't work either.

The chat went then another guy came on and said "you are using a VPN turn it off" - of course I said how dare you I am in Istanbul studying......... anyway it didn't work. Tried Curve, Revolut and every AIB card under the sun

I've given up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭jusvi2001

bleuhh wrote: »
    Just FYI I tried this. I have tried everything the last 2/3 months. Nothing works. I contacted chat, asked them to reset my payment details (it took me literally begging at one stage) - they sent me a hyperlink, and it didn't work either.

The chat went then another guy came on and said "you are using a VPN turn it off" - of course I said how dare you I am in Istanbul studying......... anyway it didn't work. Tried Curve, Revolut and every AIB card under the sun

I've given up :(

You should be on the Irish NF site without VPN while chatting with customer care. let them add the card and charge you for Irish subscription .cancel it next day and let the subscription expire. when expired turn on your VPN and log in to NF turkey and restart your subscription. in my case revolut , N26 and curve card didn't worked but monese card worked without contacting customer care.

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    You should be on the Irish NF site without VPN while chatting with customer care. let them add the card and charge you for Irish subscription .cancel it next day and let the subscription expire. when expired turn on your VPN and log in to NF turkey and restart your subscription. in my case revolut , N26 and curve card didn't worked but monese card worked without contacting customer care.

Another month to pay & another card to try then it seems
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Using an Argentine sub, can I just go to options to change my plan without using the vpn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Bhoy1967

Completed this with Curve this morning and Hola VPN - surprised how easy it was!

Worked out at €4.69 (41.99 Turkish Lira) for the premium package - now all I have to do is buy a decent TV

Thanks Op

Advertisement