Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is Mob Law taking over?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Actual mob law involving Leo, Murphy, Harris etc stripped naked and marched through the streets would be incredibly satisfying.

Peaceful protests and obstruction is a glorious way to make the knuckle draggers uncomfortable as they fail to understand how force is not being used to get a message across. The OP is phrased in a way which indicates severe ignorance on the part of the poster

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭lleti

By definition, these people are terrorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,082 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Mob law, ha. I live around the corner from the protest “hub” on Merrion Square. They’re grand and harmless, they’ve taken over the south side of the square, no big deal. If actual “mob law” ever happened you’d know all about it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,983 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

randd1 wrote: »
    The problem there though is that the rent a mob crowd tend to be the ones that end up taking over the protests, and then turn them into a show of hypocrisy and total inconvenience to almost everyone else they're trying to ram their message at.

Lads protesting orderly outside a local council office asking to change some policies to help the environment? Fair play to them, and I hope they get as much as they can for the good they're trying to do. Good people.

Lads screaming save the planet in the middle of the street wanting me to get rid of my car (which my family needs), not eat meat and reduce my plastic wastage while they arrived in cars, eat a convenient sausage roll/lunch wrap and wear plastics masks that they'll throw away when they're done? They can fu*k right off, hypocritical twats.

You watched them all arrive? Every single one of them? That's dedication - I'll give you that!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,980 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

dubdaymo wrote: »
    In London the climate lunatics are causing chaos in the streets again (and at London City Airport this morning) and the vegan lunatics are not only bursting into restaurants but now occupying and disrupting the main meat market and forcing the traders to move out to other locations if they want to do their day's work.

The secondary effect of this is the removal of police from their prime job of tackling the ever-increasing major crime problem.

We have our own climate lunatics trying something similar here and, sadly, the likes of Morning Ireland and The Pat Kenny Debate have given them airtime.

This is very worrying. I think it's time for the pussyfooting around by Police to stop. These lunatics need to be taught a lesson, a harsh lesson, that legitimate protest does not include daily disruption of citizens lives. If not nipped in the bud this trend could develop into something very unpleasant.

it is the police themselves choosing how much resources they wish to dedicate to this, i suspect mainly on the basis of the political criticism they got from their handling of things last time, which was swift and effective dispite the criticism.
    protest is disruptive, that's just a fact of life. people got enough notice and it's on them to plan on how they intend to get around it.
    there is no pussyfooting around by Police and nothing to nip in the bud. protest isn't going anywhere and the days of the police beating up all and sundry are no more and not coming back.
    gwalk wrote: »
    should change their own climates by getting a ****ing job

parasites

the non-parasites have jobs, or at least plenty of them do, given the protesters come from all walks of life, which is the beauty of protest.
    lleti wrote: »
    By definition, these people are terrorists.

they really, really, aren't.
    i get you disagree with them and their protest, but hyprbole helps nobody.

shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!

• Advertisement

They are inciting fear and terror that their kids are going to die a painful death.

They are inciting fear and terror that their kids are going to die a painful death.

You do realise what a terrorist is, right?

They have to be the ones who are in control of whether or not the act is carried out in order in order for there threat to be of any value, so essentially you're telling us these guys can control the ****ing weather!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,780 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

dubdaymo wrote:
    This is very worrying. I think it's time for the pussyfooting around by Police to stop. These lunatics need to be taught a lesson, a harsh lesson, that legitimate protest does not include daily disruption of citizens lives. If not nipped in the bud this trend could develop into something very unpleasant.

Putin is the man for the job, we should make him an honorary president of our country, shut down all the other political departments, particularly the Dail, giving him full power, because, well, hard men rock....

They have to be the ones who are in control of whether or not the act is carried out in order in order for there threat to be of any value, so essentially you're telling us these guys can control the ****ing weather!!

Says who?

Where'd you get your definition?

And even so...you don't know what these cnuts will do to take down a plane.

lleti wrote:

Fcuking hell, talking about catastrophising!

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Fcuking hell, talking about catastrophising!

The irony...

lleti wrote:
    The irony...

Oh please do explain (I know I'm gonna regret asking this)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Feisar wrote: »
    There's something satisfying about passive aggressive freebooting hippy types that never felt the weight of a spade getting timber:

Why can't the Gardai do this in Merrion Square?? I'd love to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Portsalon

Actual mob law involving Leo, Murphy, Harris etc stripped naked and marched through the streets would be incredibly satisfying.

Peaceful protests and obstruction is a glorious way to make the knuckle draggers uncomfortable as they fail to understand how force is not being used to get a message across. The OP is phrased in a way which indicates severe ignorance on the part of the poster

Uncritical supporter of unelected mob expresses contempt for democratically elected fellow citizens.

If the mouth breathers had the guts, the brains or the integrity then they would run for election themselves to see what the public thinks of them and their cause. Of course they won't because that would take quite a bit of hard work plus the need to draw up a coherent manifesto of what they stand for - rather than what they're against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Not much into all these climate change protests but why do so many people in Dublin drive big guzzlers of jeeps ? Only farmers or construction outfits should have jeeps . Particularly in an already traffic clogged city , smaller vehicles or dart-luas for these unnecessary jeep drivers .

Says who?

Where'd you get your definition?

Thats the definition. One who threatens to use fear and terror as a threat. The activists have not made any threat of use of an act of terror that they have the ability to carry out, as the poster implied.

IF and when they do take down a plane I'll agree with you - but only the specific in ones that carry out the act.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

I was working close by that day. I don’t know exactly what triggered the cops to react that day. Maybe they just had a pain in their hole with bad scruffs giving them lip and being a general nuisance. I haven’t seen a repeat since but would dearly love to see the current rabble get a boot in the bollocks.

Thats the definition. One who threatens to use fear and terror as a threat. The activists have not made any threat of use of an act of terror that they have the ability to carry out, as the poster implied.

IF and when they do take down a plane I'll agree with you - but only the specific in ones that carry out the act.

These terrorists have said they are willing to break the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

McGaggs wrote: »
    For their next protest they should block the roundabout outside the 3 arena. That will back up the Port Tunnel, the East Link and maybe the Port. That should cause traffic chaos just about everywhere within the M50. It might be more effective than their current protests which just makes for a more pleasant walk to the train station with less traffic.

You dont need them to do that, Little Mix did it all by themselves last night, a complete stand still for hours.

Double post - unanle to delete in mobile mode.

• Advertisement

So, you believe every declaration of brealing the law is a terrorist act. Ok. Leave you here then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭bladespin

It's easy to brand someone as a terrorist, especially if you don't hold with their beliefs or values but it's worth bearing in mind our country was founded by 'terrorists' who wanted something different and were willing to break laws to achieve it.

bladespin wrote: »
    It's easy to brand someone as a terrorist, especially if you don't hold with their beliefs or values but it's worth bearing in mind our country was founded by 'terrorists' who wanted something different and were willing to break laws to achieve it.

You could say the same thing about Islamic terrorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭bladespin

You could say the same thing about Islamic terrorists.

Yes, you could, but there's a gulf of difference between those who will cause disruption and those who are willing to kill, reality check time.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,082 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Why would they? The protests this week have been very peaceful and dignified, no big deal like. No need for batons in Dublin that I can see.

Indeed, the Gardai seem to be working with and around the protesters. It’s all good to date.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Why would they? The protests this week have been very peaceful and dignified, no big deal like. No need for batons in Dublin that I can see.

Indeed, the Gardai seem to be working with and around the protesters. It’s all good to date.

Yeah, but they're protestors. They protest things. Posters here believe they should have the **** kicked out of them for protesting.

Something to do with a free country and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

dubdaymo wrote:
    In London the climate lunatics are causing chaos in the streets again (and at London City Airport this morning) and the vegan lunatics are not only bursting into restaurants but now occupying and disrupting the main meat market and forcing the traders to move out to other locations if they want to do their day's work.

What about the the right wing lunatics?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,193 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

bladespin wrote: »

'tegridy

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

dubdaymo wrote:

What about the the right wing lunatics?

Indeed. Block traffic, they call you a terrorist.

Buy nuclear wea pons using government funds and threaten to start world war 3 and they vote for you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Blocking traffic, disturbing the peace, entering private businesses and refusing to leave. All illegal.

Advertisement