Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAZN (Premier League & Champions League etc) €1.99 per month.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Spn744

It seems like new accounts are region locked. I've an Irish and a Canadian. Canadian won't work with vpn off Irish won't work with it on. I'm wondering if I cancel the Canadian account and renew with vpn off will it renew at 1.99. Doubt it but worth a go.

I signed up last week and it’s working for me so it 100% works with new accounts! Maybe start from scratch and see if it works again?

When I use a Canadian VPN the champions league and EPL shows up, when I have it disconnected only Irish boxing shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Benzino

Spn744 wrote: »
    I signed up last week and it’s working for me so it 100% works with new accounts! Maybe start from scratch and see if it works again?

When I use a Canadian VPN the champions league and EPL shows up, when I have it disconnected only Irish boxing shows.

Did you sign up to an Irish account or a Canadian account? Cause I have the same issue, account is region locked.

Benzino wrote: »
    Did you sign up to an Irish account or a Canadian account? Cause I have the same issue, account is region locked.

Usually the region lock issue is a VPN one and goes away if one that works is used.

I signed up using a windscribe VPN connected to Canada on an iPhone with the Irish DAZN app.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭chrismcc409

Usually the region lock issue is a VPN one and goes away if one that works is used.

I signed up using a windscribe VPN connected to Canada on an iPhone with the Irish DAZN app.

When you say the Irish DAZN app what do you mean? Just the app from the app store with no vpn on? And your billing is now 1.99?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I just tried it using Express VPN, loaded up just fine. I'm an existing DAZN subscriber.

Edit. Looks like it was only working because the app had signed me out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

I'm paying €11.99 via Germany, through Google Play billing for about 2 years now and windscribe (paid account) has worked almost flawlessly for that entire time. Working fine as we speak.
    I hadn't realised that they had launched in Ireland, €1.99 for what I get now would be fantastic.

There is a flag in my DAZN account regarding "CROSS-BORDER PORTABILITY" - it is set to true for my german account so I can see German content without even using a VPN, and Canadian content when on VPN. See here - https://www.dazn.com/en-DE/help/articles/portability

Can anyone confirm if newly created Irish accounts have this flag set to On or Off? And does it affect whether you can access Canadian content?
    Would be good to know what this flag says for people who have been unable to get anything working.

When you say the Irish DAZN app what do you mean? Just the app from the app store with no vpn on? And your billing is now 1.99?

Thanks!

Yes the Irish DAZN app from the App Store then connected to Windscribe Canadian VPN, I signed up for the 1 month free trial from Canada as a test. Switching to the 1.99 at the end of the month.

Yes the Irish DAZN app from the App Store then connected to Windscribe Canadian VPN, I signed up for the 1 month free trial from Canada as a test. Switching to the 1.99 at the end of the month.

Ah right now I follow that's what I've done. When you switch I think you will encounter the region lock issue!!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Can the OP (or anyone with an Irish-created account working in Canada via VPN) confirm when they created the account?

My brand new irish account will not work in Canada - I know for a a fact the VPN and the server work 100% with DAZN, as it unblocks the content from my German account just fine. However, when following the exact same steps with the Irish account, I get the "You can only access DAZN in the country where you created your account" message.

So it appears that this post is correct and new Irish accounts will not work:
    It seems like new accounts are region locked. I've an Irish and a Canadian. Canadian won't work with vpn off Irish won't work with it on. I'm wondering if I cancel the Canadian account and renew with vpn off will it renew at 1.99. Doubt it but worth a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭SteM

Thanks OP, but I'll file this one under 'not worth the hassle'. I have no interest in going to watch a game and being blocked because Dazn have gotten wise to the VPN and then spending 10 minutes hunting for a working VPN. Would just bug me to much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Has anyone opened a DAZN account using Canada as their home address?

yeah that's what i done, think you need to from reading online.

all your asked for is name, username & password. no canadian address or phone no. etc so no bother doing it
    Have you tried on firestick yet? I'll check myself. This evening if I can.

i use it on firestick. works fine, not sure on the quality of the streams though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Ok so here’s what I have so far, the DAZN app works fine using the free version of Windscribe vpn set to Canada but will not work on the paid version of keepsolid vpn. That’s on both my iPhone and firestick. Absolutely no joy trying to use my Irish DAZN account at €1.99 a month but at €15.99 a month it works flawlessly and shows all the soccer, rugby and boxing with the catch up option an added bonus. I have a months free trial and am already tempted to keep it. Far cheaper than the likes of the now tv sports pack or the likes of sky

What you'll be looking to do is trying to subscribe at the Irish rate through google play with the Canadian account.

batistuta9 wrote: »
    What you'll be looking to do is trying to subscribe at the Irish rate through google play with the Canadian account.

Can’t see how that could possibly work to be honest

And just to confirm the picture quality on the firestick is superb

Can’t see how that could possibly work to be honest

Login without vpn on & you should see the 2euro payment option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

Ok so here’s what I have so far, the DAZN app works fine using the free version of Windscribe vpn set to Canada but will not work on the paid version of keepsolid vpn. That’s on both my iPhone and firestick. Absolutely no joy trying to use my Irish DAZN account at €1.99 a month but at €15.99 a month it works flawlessly and shows all the soccer, rugby and boxing with the catch up option an added bonus. I have a months free trial and am already tempted to keep it. Far cheaper than the likes of the now tv sports pack or the likes of sky

You can stream on 2 devices at the same time so splitting the cost might be an option.
    Might be worth checking out if you can do so from different IPs while you are on the free trial.

When I log in with no vpn it just gives me the Irish DAZN with boxing only

When I log in with no vpn it just gives me the Irish DAZN with boxing only

When your free trial is over you should see the google play option @ €2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭larchielads

Can confirm with express vpn set to ontario canada have it workin on nvidia shield the past couple of months. Irish account via playstore.

• Advertisement

Can confirm with express vpn set to ontario canada have it workin on nvidia shield the past couple of months. Irish account via playstore.

Can you go through step by step how you got it working please?

Just before the payment option I disabled the VPN and I was only charged €2. I can now watch DAZN Canada using Windscribe. Cheers for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭larchielads

Can you go through step by step how you got it working please?

This is what i did:

Download dazn app from irish playstore, im in ireland. Paid 1.99 euro with my visa debit card as its linked to my playstore.

Register on the app.

Turned on vpn, set it to ontario canada.
    Opened dazn app then hey presto prem league football with champs league uefa cup bundesliga italian football, ufc, boxing and various american sports. This is what it gave me when i set it up back in feb other users have said boxing only without vpn.

I tried various vpns but i found express vpn works best for me. Downloaded express vpn on playstore. Registered and paid for app with visa debit again. All done on my android phone. Then repeated those steps for nvidia shield.
    Not sure if thats how it works for firestick/cube or the cheapo android boxes. But i would assume itd work the same way if you had another android tv box like the xiaomi mi box as its android tv based not regular android box set up

Now before i bought the vpn everythin else worked except prem league.

bromley52 wrote: »

Just before the payment option I disabled the VPN and I was only charged €2. I can now watch DAZN Canada using Windscribe. Cheers for the tip.

Did you do this through an app or in a browser? And are you paying with play store?

Thanks

Did you do this through an app or in a browser? And are you paying with play store?

Thanks

sorry I forgot to mention it is through the Google play store by subscribed and payed as above

sorry I forgot to mention it is through the Google play store by subscribed and payed as above

Thanks and one more question was it a brand new account or a resubscribe after expiry? Reason I ask is I've cancelled but not expired but the option to reactivate is still showing 15.99 even with vpn off.

Thanks and one more question was it a brand new account or a resubscribe after expiry? Reason I ask is I've cancelled but not expired but the option to reactivate is still showing 15.99 even with vpn off.

I created a brand new account on the app while connected to VPN.

I created a brand new account on the app while connected to VPN.

Okay thanks a million. The app won't let me create a new account now for some reason even on a brand new device . Wonder is it linked to my play account. Will try the wife's phone!

Okay thanks a million. The app won't let me create a new account now for some reason even on a brand new device . Wonder is it linked to my play account. Will try the wife's phone!

This appears to have worked. I may be wrong as I've 3 accounts now and starting to confuse myself but the steps that worked for me were

1. On android device where you haven't previously signed up.
    2. Using windscribe connect to canada
    3. Open the DAZN app and sign up with name email etx
    4. Select the 15.99 eur price plan and click through to the next screen
    5. Switch off vpn just prior to payment and click for next screen
    6. Should offer you the 1.99 with Google pay. Complete the payment and next screen should take you to the home screen with account set up complete
    7. Log out
    8. Switch vpn back in
    9. Log back in

Let me know if it works for anyone else. I can't quite recall all the screens I went though. Had to do it on another phone and someone else Google Pay account but can log in fine on my own. Will try set up on my own account when the existing one fully expires.

Edited for typo

• Advertisement

This appears to have worked. I may be wrong as I've 3 accounts now and starting to confuse myself but the steps that worked for me were

1. On android device where you haven't previously signed up.
    2. Using windscribe connect to canada
    3. Open the DAZN app and sign up with name email etx
    4. Select the 15.99 eur price plan and click through to the next screen
    5. Switch off vpn just prior to payment and click for next screen
    6. Should offer you the 1.99 with Google pay. Complete the payment and next screen should take you to the home screen with account set up complete
    7. Log out
    8. Switch vpn back in
    9. Log back in

Let me know if it works for anyone else. I can't quite recall all the screens I went though. Had to do it on another phone and someone else Google Pay account but can log in fine on my own. Will try set up on my own account when the existing one fully expires.

Edited for typo

Check your subscriptions on Google Play. When I 1st did this it worked but it asked me to verify my subscription via the app or be cancelled in 3 days.

Advertisement