Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's Who?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,757 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Signed up to the website today. My username is, yup you guessed it, DaveNoCheese :p

EDIT: This is my profile

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

That's not a link to your profile there Lardy, that's just to the profile page so anyone that clicks that link will just see their own profile. This is myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Oops! Fixed that now!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

Vaperus wrote: »

Thanks for the help with that cache in Drogheda :D

• Advertisement

Your Welcome

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I have done a little Geocaching in Ireland and Australia. When I say a little it is not much at all. Would like to get more involved as it is a great way to find places to Photograph.

The reason I am here is to lend a hand to the Moderating side of things until the forum is up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

This is mad! Was told about geocaching for the first time last night.
    Downloaded the groundspeak app today (€8.99 :eek:)
    Then said I'd give boards a search only to find a brand new forum...must be a sign!

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=8a11816c-7665-4ab2-acbd-02c866f797bf - Set up literally seconds ago :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Quaternary

Howdy All, Been watching out for this for a while now, great to see it up and running, so just wanted to say Hi! :) Big fan of Geocaching, and have tagged along with others, but breaking out on my own now...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I thought I had a profile on that site, but I can't for the life of me remember my log-in details!

I've been signing off on loads of caches around Limerick as Insect Overlord anyway. :)

• Advertisement

Should be logging them online as well really

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭frankie2shoes

great to see this up and running finally. only found about 20 or so caches in the kilkenny/waterford/wexford area. great fun for the kid in all of us, and for actual kids too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭frankie2shoes

This is me btw.
    http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=3843e7c1-f141-480c-b8a0-ce4911a0d83b
    a mere novice with just 10 caches logged although I'm sure I've done more and forgot to log them :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭aidanic

aidanic on Boards - aidanic on geocaching.com. Use c:geo on Android and a garmin etrex venture HC.

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=76d705c8-3b67-40da-b145-3cfa7f08658c

• Registered Users Posts: 32 RonnieQuibbles

This is us. http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=9d00ed61-bbb6-4a20-9966-db1ba9eeed44
    Great to see the forum up and running.:)

This is us. http://www.geocaching.com/profile/

Great to see the forum up and running.:)

Thats not your profile, thats just the general profile page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Getoffmylawn

I placed a geocache and nobody's found it for nearly a year :( Did get a few people finding it last year though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

I placed a geocache and nobody's found it for nearly a year :( Did get a few people finding it last year though

Link?

He seems to have joined just to post that, and then closed his account straight away. Odd.

thats kind of what I was thinking, very strange

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

Probably hid in his garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I've been a member on and off since '08, but most of my finds were in the last two years.

img.aspx?txt=I+Go+to+Seek+a+Great+Perhaps&uid=a5c84484-187e-437e-a60d-63c946d9f92f&bg=1

Profile on GC.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

IUser name is Sarumite. Most of my caches are in Sweden (I have been based there for most of the last two years), though I have some from Ireland whenever I have to go back (or just home visiting) .

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=0e40034c-55b9-4e1e-bb9d-0ad91269b4cd

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MunsterGeo

Hiya everybody,

decided to actually do something about a hobby I've known about for several years. The family seem reasonably interested and seem to think the fact we can do it as a family activity is a great idea.

We've joined up at geocaching.com and will post a profile there. Member name is the same as here.

Hoping to find many caches and sign many logs. After a while we may even place a cache when we get used to the type of hiding places, contents and etiqutte.

I note that there are a couple of members in the same county as me too :D

MunsterGeo wrote: »
    Hiya everybody,

decided to actually do something about a hobby I've known about for several years. The family seem reasonably interested and seem to think the fact we can do it as a family activity is a great idea.

We've joined up at geocaching.com and will post a profile there. Member name is the same as here.

Hoping to find many caches and sign many logs. After a while we may even place a cache when we get used to the type of hiding places, contents and etiqutte.

I note that there are a couple of members in the same county as me too :D

Fair play, I'm sure you'll be hooked in no time!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gjfrazer

i thought i was new to boards but must of signed up ages ok and forgot, i decided to get online as i'm getting into geocaching properly, its great fun, myself & hubbie found 2 caches today. I still have a long way to go to catch up with my friend who has over 100 caches. anyways this is my user name on geocaching as well, i might even be brave & go to a meet & greet sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭calanus

Floatingscientist. I've only found a few of them so far last year when I was working on the Azores (some amazing caches there) and will be hoping to start logging a few now in Ireland over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I'm seanoconnell87 over on GC.. Went out for the 1st time on Sunday in Oranmore and phone ran out of battery before we even left the car :o

Searched high and low, but without even a general location, we were doomed from the start :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Benny Cake on geocaching.com as well.

Signed up for the site a good while back and promptly forgot all about it until I spotted this forum a few days back. I found my first cache on the way home from work today,good fun and it's already taken me to a nice little spot a short distance from home that I probably wouldn't have ever passed otherwise.I think I could get hooked on this!

• Advertisement

Welcome to the group guys
    Bawnmore you need to get a car charger for your phone.

Benny you probably already are hooked

Advertisement