Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheap Prime video

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Thanks really strange. I could sign up to prime with a revolut card no problem, no VPN by the way.
    I did try to sign up to music unlimited and i could not get that to work due to the card not being in the same country.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭sibersha

Thanks really strange. I could sign up to prime with a revolut card no problem, no VPN by the way.
    I did try to sign up to music unlimited and i could not get that to work due to the card not being in the same country.

Yeah it was the music unlimited family plan I was looking for. It's around €4 a month so decent value, just need to find a card payment method I can use that they accept

I'll keep trying. If i find a solution i will post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

sibersha wrote: »
    Yeah it was the music unlimited family plan I was looking for. It's around €4 a month so decent value, just need to find a card payment method I can use that they accept
    If it's music, why not tidal or YouTube premium? Cheaper and easier

TheDriver wrote: »
    If it's music, why not tidal or YouTube premium? Cheaper and easier

Want to use with Alexa and Garmin watch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

sibersha wrote: »
    Want to use with Alexa and Garmin watch

Fair point

You still get amazon music included with the brazillian prime. Just make sure you enable a vpn for Brazil when logging into amazon music the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Interesting101

Anyone having issues with Turkish account on Cube?

Created a new email address and account on Amazon Tr.
    Logged into account fine on Cube and all was working well.

Then last few days when it loads up it defaulting to a US. When i try to go into anything it shows as HBO and USD saying i need prime subscription.

Have tried changing location on browsers , cleared cached , tried using a VPN for turkey but keeps loading US version.

Any ideas ?

Anyone having issues with Turkish account on Cube?

Created a new email address and account on Amazon Tr.
    Logged into account fine on Cube and all was working well.

Then last few days when it loads up it defaulting to a US. When i try to go into anything it shows as HBO and USD saying i need prime subscription.

Have tried changing location on browsers , cleared cached , tried using a VPN for turkey but keeps loading US version.

Any ideas ?

Your account might have migrated to the us for some reason.
    Try this
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201248840

Your account might have migrated to the us for some reason.
    Try this
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201248840

Thanks . Gave it a go but no joy. Country was showing as Turkey but updated address anyway.
    Degistered again but still loading US content .....Stumped.....Might try the sideliaded app with Irish account as the main one and see if that works.

• Advertisement

I have all my devices set to ireland, the amazon address doesn't matter, you need to change the device country in the preferences menu in this page.
    So go to this Web page
    https://www.amazon.com/hz/mycd/myx#/home/content/booksAll/dateDsc/
    And check if your d3vices are there, if yes you'll see the preferences tab right next to the devices tab, click on that and change the country.
    All your devices associated with that amazon account will migrate to the new country.
    So i have a prime in india and all my devices set to ireland. All the content i get in the cube is Ireland /UK

Just as an FYI, all amazon wesites (per country) have their own devices location preferences so if you can't find your devices under the relevant section in that amazon country, try another one

Just as an FYI, all amazon wesites (per country) have their own devices location preferences so if you can't find your devices under the relevant section in that amazon country, try another one

Thanks,
    So i logged on my amazon turkey account. Devices is showing as registered.
    In preference the country was turkey so i set this to Ireland. No joy.

I did notice on under the country setting it says im linked to amzon.com for shopping. When i try to update that its bringing me to a kindle page and when i try to update that to UK region it says its not possible.

Can i ask if you see "You are currently linked to shop on Amazon.com" in the country preference for your turkey account or do you see Amazon.co.uk?

Thanks,
    So i logged on my amazon turkey account. Devices is showing as registered.
    In preference the country was turkey so i set this to Ireland. No joy.

I did notice on under the country setting it says im linked to amzon.com for shopping. When i try to update that its bringing me to a kindle page and when i try to update that to UK region it says its not possible.

Can i ask if you see "You are currently linked to shop on Amazon.com" in the country preference for your turkey account or do you see Amazon.co.uk?

That's what's making the cube show US content. Somhow the kindle settings is what sets the cube content.
    I somehow got mine in India at some point and got the same error message.
    I left it a day or 2 and it changed for me. In the meantime you can get on to amazon us customer support to see if they can change it for you, just tell them you've moved country

That's what's making the cube show US content. Somhow the kindle settings is what sets the cube content.
    I somehow got mine in India at some point and got the same error message.
    I left it a day or 2 and it changed for me. In the meantime you can get on to amazon us customer support to see if they can change it for you, just tell them you've moved country

Thanks for that . Have updated country on all apps and sites I can so will see what happens over the weekend.

The cube is the only device it doesn't load as expected so that's the annoying thing.
    Appreciate your help.

Can you pay for Amazon music unlimited in Brazil using a Amazon gift card?

Can you pay for Amazon music unlimited in Brazil using a Amazon gift card?

I don't think so. From what I could gather, gift cards are 'region locked' - .ie UK cards can only be used amazon.co.uk, US on amazon.com, etc.

So you would need to find a site/soruce that sells amazon.com.br/ specific gift cards, like a previous poster had success with for the Indian site. But I could not find anywhere selling the Brazilian gift cards.

Also, when logged in to amazon.com.br I couldn't find an option / area to upload a gift card, as I was going to test a .com one as I read that the region lock does not always work on that version.

I never signed up to music unlimited. Amazon music comes with prime in amazon India and Brazil that's all I've managed to get.
    Amazon Brasil you can sign ul to prime witb revolute and pay for the year (aroun 13 euros right now).
    Amazon India wouldn't take credit card so i bought a giftcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Setanter

Amazon India wouldn't take credit card so i bought a giftcard.

Where did you find the gift card please?

Setanter wrote: »
    Where did you find the gift card please?

This is the site that was referenced earlier.

https://dundle.com/ie/amazon/

You select which country you want the voucher for by using the drop-down menu on the right hand side of the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭ReverseGiraffe

Does anyone know if this includes the free monthly sub to one twitch channel included in regular amazon prime?

• Advertisement

I don't know about twitch but i found this about premium gaming and prime
    https://www.primevideo.com/region/na/help/ref=atv_hp_nd_cnt?nodeId=GG9X94MFPSJH65DS

It looks like Brasilian prime has gaming included.
    Also, this article suggests that twitch prime is included
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.techtudo.com.br/google/amp/dicas-e-tutoriais/2019/09/twitch-prime-como-conseguir-assinatura-de-graca-com-amazon-prime-esports.ghtml
    Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Can you pay for the Turkish site with a gift card?
    Have any of you used your normal Irish credit card? Or does it need to be Revolut?

Can you pay for the Turkish site with a gift card?
    Have any of you used your normal Irish credit card? Or does it need to be Revolut?

I had used an Irish Credit and setup a dedicated Turkey account ....Free month trial expired last week and noticed I'm being billed 10.99 a month .
    So I didn't get the reduced Turkey rates....Not sure if that's because I used an Irish Credit Card......but I'll be cancelling 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

Thanks OP, great deal.

Is everyone still able to access Netflix and YouTube etc through their Firestick once they have signed up to Prime in Turkey. I don’t have the option to even download any of these apps anymore. I have Prime and some other apps but All4 and others are gone. Is there something specific I need to do.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭bossdrum

mcgucc22 wrote: »
    Thanks OP, great deal.

Is everyone still able to access Netflix and YouTube etc through their Firestick once they have signed up to Prime in Turkey. I don’t have the option to even download any of these apps anymore. I have Prime and some other apps but All4 and others are gone. Is there something specific I need to do.

Cheers.

You don't use the VPN anymore once you have signed up. None of the other apps are affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

mcgucc22 wrote: »
    Thanks OP, great deal.

Cheers.

You should leave your firestick signed into your UK account and sideload the separate Prime app. You don't need to use the native app.

See post #75 for more info

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

bromley52 wrote: »
    You should leave your firestick signed into your UK account and sideload the separate Prime app. You don't need to use the native app.

See post #75 for more info
    Legend! worked perfectly this way, used my regular Prime account and downloaded Downloader, and then Aptoide TV. Then downloaded the Prime Android App through Aptoide TV. Signed into the Turkish Prime through this. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pinkman

Thanks OP. Signed up to Brazil. Is there a way of changing the setting so it opens up in the UK/Irish Prime video like how it works with signing up to Brazil or Turkey Netflix? The Portuguese names and recommendations is a bit annoying ha.

Check if your device is registered in amazon uk, rather than amazon brazil. I think that should get rid of most portuguese recommendations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Ok ... For Prime Video India, does it matter if you keep your GetFlix setting to Amazon Prime region Off or to India? I wasn't sure if it affects your listings that come up on screen or what you can watch. The setting on GetFlix for Amazon Prime country to India did not work yesterday so had to switch it off .. but was wondering too if that would cause problems by changing region too often...

Advertisement