17-10-2020, 16:31   #16
DaithiN

I always hated public speaking so had the terrible plan to study this not so sexy topic for 8 years. I never got over a fear of public speaking but I did learn to manage it, and ended up with a talk featured on TED.com, recording a standup comedy special and getting regularly paid to speak. Long story! Happy to answer any questions here and I have tone of tips and resources around this topic if anyone could do with a hand. Please ask me anything.

Course wise I put everything I learned the hard one in one online available at hackingpublicspeaking dot com. It's public speaking without the same old recycled waffle most folks try and teach
Thanks from:
Advertisement
17-10-2020, 17:40   #17
AthCliathGirlo

Just found your website and TED talk. That's incredible how you over came it and your TED talk is great. I'm definitely a Shaking Stephanie! Although now mentally I am starting to tell myself I am not afraid at all which is helping. I can relate to...love speaking hate public speaking! Thanks for sharing!
17-10-2020, 18:50   #18
DaithiN

Thanks a million for the kind words. I wish I overcame it but I defo got the hang of managing it and telling yourself you are excited vs. nervous is defo a big part of it.
21-04-2021, 11:23   #19
Karwik

Thanks a lot for these answers, dudes. I really want to enter such online courses

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion