Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pro14 Season 2019-2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Dragons under pressure at scrum time and in the maul

14-10 to Scarlets after 30 mins.

Dragons giving away too many penalties

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Scarlets pulling away felt inevitable really

A nice grubber kick and Finish gets the try bonus point for Scarlets.

26-15 to Scarlets after 57

as it stands Munster need 2 points tomorrow to secure a Semi-Final

shambolic stuff there to let the Dragons right back in there

incredibly harsh to disallow that

• Advertisement

very harsh on Dragons in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I understand all this but it lends itself to the tinfoil hat stuff you see on social media.

Welsh social media*

Who cares about those bampots

• Registered Users Posts: 11,634 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

razorblunt wrote: »
    Welsh social media*

Who cares about those bampots

It's also inevitable with derbies anyway that there will be this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭moby2101

Semi finals announced tomorrow after games? Need to book me local.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

moby2101 wrote: »
    Semi finals announced tomorrow after games? Need to book me local.

Leinsters will be on Friday due to the Ireland v Finland football match on Sunday.

• Advertisement

Are both Semi-Finals on Friday at 5pm?

pro14.rugby/match-centre/2020/16

Seems like a bizarre choice :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

yerrahbah wrote: »

No, one will be on Friday and one on Saturday.

Leinster will almost certainly be at home on Friday however as the Irish football team are playing Finland on Sunday.

yerrahbah wrote: »

Say its just a placeholder. I think ko of 7.30 on Friday has been floated. Maybe 5 on Saturday alright

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Eod100 wrote: »
    Say its just a placeholder. I think ko of 7.30 on Friday has been floated. Maybe 5 on Saturday alright

Placeholder- that's not a TV friendly time, will be a Saturday.

Placeholder- that's not a TV friendly time, will be a Saturday.

The thinking is that Leinster v Munster will be Friday night as Ireland football match playing in Aviva on Sunday and need more turnaround than usual with covid. Then other semi on the Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

when is the 20/21 season due to start ?

If Oct/Nov it will be without the internationals

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Friday 7:35 for Leinsters semi final. Saturday 7:35 for Edinburgh v Ulster. Did anybody actually watch the match last night? Eir advertised the times umpteen times during the game.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    when is the 20/21 season due to start ?

If Oct/Nov it will be without the internationals

The weekend of Oct 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wouldn't surprise me if its a Leinster vs Ulster grand final

Edinburgh hot and cold
    Leinster will still be too good for Munster I think but you never know. Love for Munster to win it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

Is the mun v conn highlights showing later on any channels?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

degsie wrote: »
    Is the mun v conn highlights showing later on any channels?

Don't do it. Do anything else but watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Wouldn't surprise me if its a Leinster vs Ulster grand final

Edinburgh hot and cold
    Leinster will still be too good for Munster I think but you never know. Love for Munster to win it

Edinburgh won 3 more games in the league this season than Ulster. The only game they lost at home was to Glasgow this weekend when they couldn't be caught at the top of the conference. They won away from home 3 times, including against Munster and Scarlets. Ulster only won away from home once, against the Kings. Edinburghs losses this season were away to Glasgow, away to Leinster, away to Benetton that home loss to Glasgow. Before the home loss to Glasgow they were on a 6 game streak in the league.

Hot and cold is def not something that can be used to describe Edinburgh this season. Topping their conference is reward for that. They have to be favourites to win next week.

• Administrators Posts: 53,356 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

molloyjh wrote: »
    Edinburgh won 3 more games in the league this season than Ulster. The only game they lost at home was to Glasgow this weekend when they couldn't be caught at the top of the conference. They won away from home 3 times, including against Munster and Scarlets. Ulster only won away from home once, against the Kings. Edinburghs losses this season were away to Glasgow, away to Leinster, away to Benetton that home loss to Glasgow. Before the home loss to Glasgow they were on a 6 game streak in the league.

Hot and cold is def not something that can be used to describe Edinburgh this season. Topping their conference is reward for that. They have to be favourites to win next week.

Ah you can't really compare that sort of stuff this season given how much of a mess it was.

Ulster had to play Leinster away twice this year for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Edinburgh strong favourites to beat Ulster but it is a semi final and if Ulster can raise their game significantly from the mediocrity of last 2 weekends they can upset the odds. If it were a regular season game (although Ulster have a reasonable record at Murrayfield recently) I would say its a foregone conclusion for the home side but I think Ulster can make a match of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

awec wrote: »
    Ah you can't really compare that sort of stuff this season given how much of a mess it was.

Agreed, just making the point that Edinburgh haven't been hot and cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

awec wrote: »

Regardless of having to play Leinster in Dublin twice. The only team that Ulster have beaten away from home this season is the Kings. Embra will provide a stiffer challenge than that, even on an off day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

I'd be quite confident if we weren't missing Henderson, Addison, Baloucoune, Marshall and Ready.

Did Edinburgh furlough as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I'd be quite confident if we weren't missing Henderson, Addison, Baloucoune, Marshall and Ready.

Did Edinburgh furlough as well?

Probably.. but I think that excuse is overblown. Anyway next week will be the third game back so the cobwebs should be gone. The second half yesterday was a lot more encouraging so we will see.

Mind you I'm still coming to terms with the phase of play where Cooney got crap ball off a lineout, shovelled the ball out to McCloskey who dropped it and then ended up with Faddes slicing the ball into touch. A club 3s would get a bollocking for that sort of stuff.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

What happens with next season if travel restrictions and 14 day self isolation are still in place? Italian teams could obviously travel here as Italy is on the green list, but not Welsh/Scottish teams, and maybe not even Italian teams if they have played an away game in the UK within 14 days of a game here. Irish teams could travel to Italy but not the UK.

Could we see "home" games for Leinster/Munster/Connacht played in Ravenhill? An early season schedule of interpros and home/away games vs the Italians, and hope travel restrictions are eased by Christmas?

• Advertisement

It's been discussed already. There seems to be exemptions for elite sports. The Irish football team play in Bulgaria on Thursday then return to play Finland in Dublin on Sunday.

And as it is there are cross border games this season. If Edinburgh beat Ulster then they'll more than likely be travelling to Dublin for the final. Saracens are due in Dublin in 3 weeks for the CC quarter final. Neither team will be self isolating for 14 days.

Advertisement