Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

What happens if u submit the application without section b cause that’s how the pdf downloaded? Will u be removed from the competition?

I think it’s an error on their part as I recently applied for Garda trainee and was able to download the PDF with all sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

If you look at the number on the pages in the PDF format it is only 4 pages and all pages 1-4 are there so I think maybe they left out section B intentionally.

If I recall from the 2016 application process we didn’t have to fill out and give details of scenarios etc in relation to different skills until the final application form for interview. That’s when I recall having to answer experienced based questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Molly2016

Does anyone know what the aptitude test is like? Is it the same online format as the HSE one? Or is it more like the council ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Molly2016 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the aptitude test is like? Is it the same online format as the HSE one? Or is it more like the council ones?

Online format usually and then repeated in pa's if you score high enough at home. Today is closing date so I would imagine they will be in about two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Sillyquestions

Just finishing off the application. Is the candidate I.D. something I should have or do they add it after they receive the application?

• Advertisement

Just finishing off the application. Is the candidate I.D. something I should have or do they add it after they receive the application?

It's on your public jobs profile. You need to add it to application form

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Sillyquestions

Thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Kyle More

Would I be right in assuming that the aptitude tests are a verbal reasoning and verify calculation test?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MBLBY4

Hi everyone,
    For everyone who was successful in the 2016 campaign how long did it take between the closing date of the campaign and actually starting their job thank you

MBLBY4 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    For everyone who was successful in the 2016 campaign how long did it take between the closing date of the campaign and actually starting their job thank you

About 8 months and I was placed no1 in both of my (non Dublin) regions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭huggy15

I have applied but I've a driving conviction from 2012. Would this affect my chances of getting the job if I was to be successful in everything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

I was just wondering what was the closing date for the this competition?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭busymammy

Areas wrote: »
    I was just wondering what was the closing date for the this competition?
    Thanks!
    It was 5th July

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Gra11

Did this campaign include Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Riggie

No..... all excluding Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Does anyone know how the consider the info on the application forms. Do they "grade" them first and then invite the top ones only to the aptitude test. Or does everyone do the aptitude test and then your experience and education count at the interview stage. I'm good at interviews and my application is pretty OK but I'm slow at aptitude tests.

tringle wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the consider the info on the application forms. Do they "grade" them first and then invite the top ones only to the aptitude test. Or does everyone do the aptitude test and then your experience and education count at the interview stage. I'm good at interviews and my application is pretty OK but I'm slow at aptitude tests.

Normally they don't look at the application form at all until interview. Stage one and two are just the aptitude tests and they decide who gets called to interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Kyle More

tringle wrote: »

The aptitude tests are open to all applicants, as it's an open competition. However, your application form will be in front of the interview panel should you make it to that stage, and they will refer to it during the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Guffy

Kyle More wrote: »
    The aptitude tests are open to all applicants, as it's an open competition. However, your application form will be in front of the interview panel should you make it to that stage, and they will refer to it during the interview.

Is there not a second competency based application form?

Guffy wrote: »
    Is there not a second competency based application form?

There wasn't in 2016 as far as I remember. It was just the form ye filled out there, only we didn't get it until invited to interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Guffy

There wasn't in 2016 as far as I remember. It was just the form ye filled out there, only we didn't get it until invited to interview.

Ah jays.... my como just crapped out too so hopefully ill be able to recover it should i get to the interview stage.

Guffy wrote: »
    Ah jays.... my como just crapped out too so hopefully ill be able to recover it should i get to the interview stage.

It saves onto your public jobs profile if you go to the my applications section

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭shmeee

Text's send out today in relation to stage one assessment and information received into your Public Jobs Profile. Due by next Tuesday, the 17th July.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭finla

Hi all,
    Does anybody know if the tests for this comp are the same or similar to the ones for the TCO comp?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

hi all would anyone know ir recommend good practise tests much the same as the ones we will have to do!!! i havnt done percentages or anything like that in years so need to practise thanks in advance and good luck to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Moving2017

finla wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Does anybody know if the tests for this comp are the same or similar to the ones for the TCO comp?

They will be the competences for TCO are the same as CO.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ernesto Guevara

Online assessment should be available for everyone now. Overall, it seemed fairly straightforward, felt the situational part wasn't too bad. Best of luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Online assessment should be available for everyone now. Overall, it seemed fairly straightforward, felt the situational part wasn't too bad. Best of luck everyone!

I've never done one of these before. Is there any place online to see samples? Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Manitoban

finla wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just completed it, I applied for the tco 2017 campaign and the questions were the same, same names in the scenarios used even.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Manitoban

tiny14 wrote: »
    hi all would anyone know ir recommend good practise tests much the same as the ones we will have to do!!! i havnt done percentages or anything like that in years so need to practise thanks in advance and good luck to everyone

No percentages in the first online assessment, it was very straightforward.

Advertisement