Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hse/Tulsa clerical officer competition 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Got the link for the actual tests just after 12. Will have another go at the practice ones and go for it. Best of luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭MAC addict

Good luck doing the tests everyone, will be doing mine this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Got the link for the actual tests just after 12. Will have another go at the practice ones and go for it. Best of luck everyone!

I tried to click on practice links in the email but it says thanks for taking time to complete tests even though I didn't do it?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Wellywoo

Just finished them. There was lots of swearing. The more flustered I got, the more stupid mistakes I made e.g. in error checking I ticked the box for "everything was right" in error when I wanted to tick the box below it....and all because there was 3 seconds left. :rolleyes:

All I can do is wait until April 11th. Good luck everyone!!

I tried to click on practice links in the email but it says thanks for taking time to complete tests even though I didn't do it?? :confused:

You can access the same ones on the Saville site just scroll down to the Comprehension Aptitude Range Tests

https://www.savilleassessment.com/PracticeTests

There's also different sample ones before you start the tests too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Kobe1

I think I was exactly the same.
    Wellywoo wrote: »
    Just finished them. There was lots of swearing. The more flustered I got, the more stupid mistakes I made e.g. in error checking I ticked the box for "everything was right" in error when I wanted to tick the box below it....and all because there was 3 seconds left. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Wellywoo wrote: »

Is the 11th results day? - also how many questions in each exam

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Haylesm

Yes the results are out April 11th.
    In the verbal and numerical it had 8 sets of 4 questions and you have 2 minutes to complete each set of 4 iykwim?
    Then the error checking is the same - 8 sets of 4 questions and 45 seconds to do each set.

I found it quite difficult actually, and felt the examples given were much easier - especially in the numerical section!!
    But sure it's done now, so I'll just have to wait and see!

Is the 11th results day? - also how many questions in each exam

Yup 11th April; all info is in the email we got with the link to the actual tests.

16 minutes for Numerical & Verbal so that's 8 sets of 2 minutes, and you've 4 questions to do in those two minutes sets.

Can't remember how many with the error checking but when you click the link for each it's all in the instructions, how many and how long you have to do it in.

Thanks for the responses - got the mail but at work so I couldn't read it in detail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

Has anyone done the PAS clerical officer competition ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kobe1

Yes I have found the PAS test easier

L390 wrote: »

Yes I did?

Kobe1 wrote: »
    Yes I have found the PAS test easier

Oh really ????? I'm too sick at the min to do the practice test let alone the real one .!!!

Oh really ????? I'm too sick at the min to do the practice test let alone the real one .!!!

Agreed, I found the pas test easier too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I found the practice tests to be nothing more than a warm up and doesn't really prepare you for the real tests. They're helpful, but the actual tests are a little harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

I wonder if each part of the tests have equal weigh on scoring. Hopefully its not like the PAS CO ones where the numerical wasn't counted. I found the error checking and the numerical ok but verbal very tough in the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Treatycat

I haven't tried mine yet waiting till kids are in school tomorrow. Are we expected to get the whole thing completed? Or are we likely to run out of time? Feeling nervous now!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Stiltzkin

Can I ask what came up for numerical? Just percentages and ratios? Nothing dodgy like currency came up?

Did the test there, not really happy with the error checking as I kept going on to the last one question and it kept saying said time up, think I only got half of each section fully completed....

Agreed with those who thought the PAS one was a bit easier...Time is my main gripe though....Thought I did ok but felt the same after the clerical ones where im ranked 100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 flymo76

Yup, actually assessment tougher than the examples, my poor neck was sore with tension when I finished! You panic at points, especially in the numerical, and grab an answer that you think is closest to what you think it might be, ha!! Did people use a calculator for numerical??

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Waffleturd

That numerical! It's definitely trickier than the civil service equivalent. I needed a lie down after it!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh stop I've yet to do it !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 m21

Will you have to resit the exam if u make it to the next stage?

M21 copied from another user

Clerical Officer Grade III
    There were 23,269 applications. Assessments will issue shortly. Moving to Stages 3 & 4 of the process (competency based forms / interviews) will be done on a geographical basis. Geographical areas with the greatest number of approvals with Job Orders / Panel Management will be prioritised and actioned.

Just thought i would share with yous the email us TCO's in the HSE got circulated in relation to the amount of applicants there were.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭natty_asha

oh that was tough!! completed the verbal assessment fully but the numerical and error checking were difficult to complete in the time allowed!

in each round of error checking bar 1, I ran out of time on question 7. I missed a few questions in some of the numerical round too due to running out of time.

At least its done now, and so the waiting begins!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

I think its designed to not be able to complete it but answer it as best you can with the most correct answers? ah dreading doing mine but want to make sure i have proper internet connection to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Treatycat

I just completed mine numerical and verbal were ok I think but clerical checking was tough didn't get them finished. Did others get them finished? I hope it didn't ruin my chances!!!! Glad it's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭MAC addict

Just did mine, jeez that was harder than I expected! I didn't get some of them finished but I'm kinda sure the Ones I did get done were right.... hopefully.

• Advertisement

Quality over quantity maybe ?

Advertisement