Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting started in investing in shares

• 24-01-2020 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

I am moving to Ireland from the UK and will need to close my stocks and shares ISA that I hold with an online company called Equiniti as I will no longer be a UK resident.

I know there is no ISA equivalent in Ireland but is there a straightforward online service that I can use to buy and sell shares in Ireland. We are talking relatively small amounts of money (a few thousand euro) so no need for anything fancy.

Want to keep things as simple as possible for e.g. tax returns - I guess that using the Irish stock exchange is the best bet in that case?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Owlet wrote: »
    I am moving to Ireland from the UK and will need to close my stocks and shares ISA that I hold with an online company called Equiniti as I will no longer be a UK resident.

I know there is no ISA equivalent in Ireland but is there a straightforward online service that I can use to buy and sell shares in Ireland. We are talking relatively small amounts of money (a few thousand euro) so no need for anything fancy.

Want to keep things as simple as possible for e.g. tax returns - I guess that using the Irish stock exchange is the best bet in that case?

Thanks.
    Most people use Degiro or interactiveinvestor.ie. Neither are Irish.

The ISE is treated no differently for residents. Naturally in some countries there is stamp duty etc but not a resident issue as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

There's no added simplicity from investing in the Irish stock exchange.

Any eurozone exchange will cut out any FX risk.

Advertisement