Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

€25k invested in prize bonds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭John arse

abff wrote: »
    That's no problem. You can sell as many or as few of the units as you wish. See attached encashment form https://www.statesavings.ie/media/pdf/prizebonds_repayment_form?ext=.pdf
    but if i have a 50k bond if i can cash 10k of it the bond would have to be sent back with the repayment form,do i then receive a 40k bond back?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭abff

John arse wrote: »
    but if i have a 50k bond if i can cash 10k of it the bond would have to be sent back with the repayment form,do i then receive a 40k bond back?

Yes. You have to send the full bond to them. They will then send you back a bond for the remaining units, having cancelled the first €10k worth of units.

3. BOND RANGE
    Where application for repayment is for less than the total number
    of units in a multiple Bond, a Bond covering the remaining units
    will be forwarded to the holder. The range of Bonds to be repaid
    must start at the first Bond in the range held.

abff wrote: »
    Yes. You have to send the full bond to them. They will then send you back a bond for the remaining units, having cancelled the first €10k worth of units.

3. BOND RANGE
    Where application for repayment is for less than the total number
    of units in a multiple Bond, a Bond covering the remaining units
    will be forwarded to the holder. The range of Bonds to be repaid
    must start at the first Bond in the range held.
    thanks,i didn't think that was possible

• Registered Users Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Someone at work wants to buy 40k worth of bonds, can they just walk into their bank, get a money order for 40k made out to state savings then head down to the post office and fill in the application? Or is 40k too much in one go?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,141 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Thargor wrote: »
    Someone at work wants to buy 40k worth of bonds, can they just walk into their bank, get a money order for 40k made out to state savings then head down to the post office and fill in the application? Or is 40k too much in one go?

No problem at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭abff

I paid by cheque when I bought €100k worth in 2017. So, if you still have a cheque book, there's no need to go to the trouble of getting a money order/bank draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭scheister

I recently got about 12k worth of prizebonds as I tired of the bank offering me very little in the way of interest. Today will be the first draw that all prize bonds will be in. Will be interesting to see how i do compared to leaving the money in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭tobdom

After submitting the form & payment in the Post Office to buy a batch of PBs, how long should it typically take before you get the bonds/info in the post?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

scheister wrote: »
    I recently got about 12k worth of prizebonds as I tired of the bank offering me very little in the way of interest. Today will be the first draw that all prize bonds will be in. Will be interesting to see how i do compared to leaving the money in the bank

Welcome to the Friday lunchtime club and the very best of luck to you

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭pbwinner

scheister wrote: »
    You obviously haven't been following this thread :D but good luck anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 24th January 2020: €0
    Last win 23rd August 2019: €50
    Total winnings on €25k from Feb 2011 to date: €2900
    2011: €75 x 4 €300
    2012: €75 x 6 €450
    2013: €50 x 12 €600
    2014: €50 x 9 €450
    2015: €50 x 5 €250
    2016: €50 x 5 €250
    2017: €50 x 4 €200
    2018: €50 x 2 €100
    2019: €50 x 6 €300
    2020: €0

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

Jan: :mad::mad::mad::mad:

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭PB2018

Wins on 24th January 2020: €0
    Last win - 3rd January 2020: €50
    Weeks since last win: 3
    €134k invested in prize bonds since July 2017
    Win ratio: 15 wins in 134 weeks (11%)
    2017 (Jul-Dec): 5 x €50 = €250
    2018 (Jan-Dec): 4 x €50 = €200
    2019 (Jan-Dec): 5 x €50 = €250
    2020 (Jan-date): 1 x €50 = €50

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Jan: :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Same as....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

Hibernicis wrote: »
    Great start to the year but wondering if there is a long drought to follow !

The drought commences.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Nothing in weeks.....then 3 x €50 wins this week? No idea what's going on...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Nothing for us this week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭carrickbawn

Nothing again. Don’t know why I bother checking at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Someone at work put €100k into them and keeps telling people about it and how I recommended them!

1. I do not recommend Prize Bonds as an investment, stop telling people that I do.
    2. Stop telling people you have 100k in savings, you sound like a vulgar twat.

Ill be listening to them whining about not winning every Friday from now on...

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Mechatronical

1st win in 18 months on 35K, nice surprise.

Stopped checking a while back just noticed money going into account today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Essex Man

i would,nt bother my arse .( sorry john) i have 40k invested , last win june 2018 84 weeks ago !

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Essex Man

Essex Man wrote: »
    sorry about that,i'll have a word and arrange something for you in the next few weeks!

still waiting john , can you pull a few strings ?............

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cosybeach

put a sizable sum 3 years ago for one period to test its value year got a couple of 50s not worth it never do it again

• Registered Users Posts: 20,449 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

€50 for me on Friday, first win in 18 weeks.

From one of twelve bonds (€75) winner in August 2010 reinvested.

Someone at work put €100k into them and keeps telling people about it and how I recommended them!

1. I do not recommend Prize Bonds as an investment, stop telling people that I do.
    2. Stop telling people you have 100k in savings, you sound like a vulgar twat.

Ill be listening to them whining about not winning every Friday from now on...
    they might not be winning that much,they'll be very lucky if they get one win every month i reckon

i would,nt bother my arse .( sorry john) i have 40k invested , last win june 2018 84 weeks ago !
    yes i agree,they'll be waiting i reckon.a few people on here asking about small investments 10k,15k etc,well you never know but don't expect a whole ton, ie one win a year maybe.

still waiting john , can you pull a few strings ?............
    i have contacted the following: leo,micheal,the pope,bertie ahern(deny everything),the dalai lama,elvis(through a medium),u2,john delaney,prince andrew(as bertie),LadyGaga,jurgen klopp,joe duffy,Stephen speilberg,tommy tiernan,and a few more.you'll be rolling in money this time next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭tobdom

tobdom wrote: »
    After submitting the form & payment in the Post Office to buy a batch of PBs, how long should it typically take before you get the bonds/info in the post?

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭scheister

Anyone?

think it was about two weeks for the set i recently purchased

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mno101

Anyone?
    closer to 3 weeks for me

Advertisement