Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lidl Zigbee 3.0 smart devices coming soon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

JethroC wrote: »
    Seems Lidl will be selling some rebranded Zigbee 3.0 smart devices soon under the Silvercrest name

Shows a list of them here
    https://zigbeealliance.org/classic-product-search/#zigbeecertifiedproducts/?view_30_search=lidl&view_30_page=1

No word of them on the Irish lidl site yet but seems to be coming soon to Lidl in germany, spain and netherlands as there are mentions on those websites

Was in Lidl the other day and seen quite a bit of Silvercrest products (not all smart devices), but could have sworn I seen a set of smart plugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

They are out in the UK next week

https://www.lidl.co.uk/our-products/smart-home

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Colour light strip for 15 quid and works with hue.... Interesting :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭corcadorcha

Anyone know where you need to purchase the lidl hub or will the bulbs etc integrate into the Samsung smartthings hub for example?
    Don really want to plug in another hub... Have smartthings and hue hubs already...
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Any sign of them going in sale down here ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Anyone know where you need to purchase the lidl hub or will the bulbs etc integrate into the Samsung smartthings hub for example?
    Don really want to plug in another hub... Have smartthings and hue hubs already...
    Cheers

As they are Zigbee I would expect them to work with the Philips Hue hub just like the IKEA ones do.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭SierraTango

Lidl tweeted me saying they'll be in stock on the 10th December.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Will these work with the hue hub?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

People on the philips UK Facebook group are saying that the smart socket works with the hub but it listed as a light, I am not sure if it is possible to manually change that or whether that would make a difference to a Google home command.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JethroC

Seems they're now listed on the lidl.ie site

https://www.lidl.ie/en/c/smart-home/c1363/w2

There's also someone on reddit in the UK who's bought them already

https://www.reddit.com/r/Hue/comments/k7vqx8/picked_up_a_selection_of_the_lidl_smart_home/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

People on the philips UK Facebook group are saying that the smart socket works with the hub but it listed as a light, I am not sure if it is possible to manually change that or whether that would make a difference to a Google home command.

Even the official Hue smart plugs are listed as “lights” in the Hue app. It doesn’t make any difference to their operation. You can assign a plug icon and a custom name to anything as a visual reminder.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

These might also work on amazon echo studio too.

It has a built-in zigbee hub

I'm not confirming this though. I'll get one and test it when they arrive here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭stesaurus

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Colour light strip for 15 quid and works with hue.... Interesting :cool:

I wonder is it compatible with current hue lightstrips as an extension? 1M Hue for £20 or 2M Lidl for £15

stesaurus wrote: »
    I wonder is it compatible with current hue lightstrips as an extension? 1M Hue for £20 or 2M Lidl for £15
    Highly unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

Bulbs and individual plugs seem to link with Hue Hub but dont appear in homekit app.

Im interested in the motion sensor and remote control integration too

Stoner wrote: »
    These might also work on amazon echo studio too.

It has a built-in zigbee hub

I'm not confirming this though. I'll get one and test it when they arrive here

It says it wont work with Alexa. No skill, even with Zigbee but reports that some people have got it to work with SmartThings

• Registered Users Posts: 41 joecoie

Initially noted the difference in the UK pricing -including + 40% on Smart socket £8 to €13 & +70% on LED strip £15 to €30 thought I was making some mistake but the Spanish pricing seems to confirm Lidl have very special 'Irish' pricing.

https://www.lidl.es/es/smart-home/c3267

joecoie wrote: »
    Initially noted the difference in the UK pricing -including + 40% on Smart socket £8 to €13 & +70% on LED strip £15 to €30 thought I was making some mistake but the Spanish pricing seems to confirm Lidl have very special 'Irish' pricing.

Tweet them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

joecoie wrote: »

What a joke, rip off Ireland as per usual

That's taking the paddy tax to a whole new level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Just checking the german site and the led strip is 34 euro!!

https://www.lidl.de/de/smart-home-beleuchtung/c21974

So it is compatible with the Hue strips. I just rigged up a very basic cable matching the 6 pins.
    Hue seems to be brighter for most settings but the Lidl ones respond just as quick without issue.
    €30 for 2M as apposed to 1M for £20 from Philips isn't a huge deal cheaper

So it is compatible with the Hue strips. I just rigged up a very basic cable matching the 6 pins.
    Hue seems to be brighter for most settings but the Lidl ones respond just as quick without issue.
    €30 for 2M as apposed to 1M for £20 from Philips isn't a huge deal cheaper

Oddly enough while both strips work with the Hue controller only the Lidl ones work with their controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I bought the smart USB extension lead but cant get my hue to see it, anyone managed to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Balmed Out wrote: »
    I bought the smart USB extension lead but cant get my hue to see it, anyone managed to?

Ah dang, was about to head over to Lidl there and grab one to see if it works with the hue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Strip light works with Hue no problem, still pricey in my opinion but wanted a colour strip with out playing over €50

The extension lead cant be added to the hue app. The individual plug can.

I picked up a Spotlight for a light that I dont use often to see how it would integrate. Added to hue very easily. Alexa detected as a result, it but doesnt seem to be able to change colour.
    Homekit obviously/unfortunately didnt pick it up. Id have loved to filled the blind spots in the house, main lights that are never used with cheaper smart bulbs.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I went to Lydl and purchased and E27 "Smart colour-change LED light bult" for €14.99

Pros:
    - Very easy & quick to pair with Philips Hue Bridge
    - Works seamlessly with Philips Hue app
    - Relatively bright white light

Cons:
    - All colours are quite dim

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭davegilly

KilOit wrote: »
    Strip light works with Hue no problem, still pricey in my opinion but wanted a colour strip with out playing over €50
    Have you tried it with Google Home or Smartthings? I have it working woth both but the colours dont seem to work, only various shades of white, on/off and dimming.

All works fine with Hue but not with Home and Smartthings. Any ideas what might be wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Picked up a lightstrip, as with the others paired perfectly with hue and works with scenes etc. I think there are way less LEDs per m than with the hue ones as you can clearly see hotspots on the wall it's facing, particularly on some of the whites. Anyone recommend a diffuser it would fit in? Otherwise may put it on a length of trunking so it's facing upright rather than towards the wall.
    Was initially very impressed but a bit put out now that I've installed it

Advertisement