Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seiko 5 SNXS79 still available?

• 16-11-2020 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm thinking of getting another watch(have a few, nothing too fancy but could always do with one more ;-) )

So I really like the look of this Seiko;

https://wahawatches.com/review-seiko-snxs79/

But it seems to be unavailable in the searches I've done.
    Could anyone recommend anyplace that might have one,or maybe even a close alternative?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭Ryath

One on ebay but not shipping to Ireland. Could contact seller see if he would or use addrespal.

Blue dialed version?

i9r28jhit8b41.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭covey123

Ryath wrote: »
    One on ebay but not shipping to Ireland. Could contact seller see if he would or use addrespal.

Blue dialed version?

i9r28jhit8b41.jpg

Really like the look of the grey faced one so looking for that, thanks though

The grey sunburst dial is particularly nice alright. New Seiko 5? Bit dearer but probably not much more than what you'll pay for an SNXS79. Not quite as dressy but to me that's a plus. It's a better size too at 40mm.

15989524-uvv6vtruwucsfr3x7gclpyis-ExtraLarge.jpg

Better shot of sunburst but to big to embed.
    https://twobrokewatchsnobs.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Seiko-SRPE51-Review-hero.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

there is an snxs73 for sale on adverts if any interest .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Love that grey dial SRPE51. I would stick it on a vintage tan leather and all would be right with the world.

srpe61-2-jpg.15242299

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

That is a fine looking watch.

Reminds one of the classic axiom of engineering:

One has not achieved perfection when there is nothing more to add, but rather when there is nothing left to take away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

46 Long wrote: »
    Love that grey dial SRPE51.

The blue 53 looks pretty good too.

533249.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭covey123

46 Long wrote: »
    Love that grey dial SRPE51. I would stick it on a vintage tan leather and all would be right with the world.

srpe61-2-jpg.15242299

Thanks for the replys folks, think I might consider the SRPE51 if I can't track one down

One on amazon for £170 delivered
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000G12Y8O/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

Got an email alert earlier for £115 but it was gone before I got on here to post. Best option is to set up a price tracker on keepa so you get an email when if it comes back in stock

Advertisement