Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

First insurance for any car, best deal?

Options
  • 14-11-2020 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all,
    I want to get a car and am working on a budget.
    I don't mind what car, what year, what type it is - all i am looking for is to get from point A to point B. I just made a booking to change my eu licence to irish, however that will take time(close to 2 months i heard).
    I dont have no claims bonus, however i have been holding my driving licence for 12 years now.
    Any suggestions? Looking to get a low enough insurance and whatever car. Preferably through a broker so i can get the car and the insurance on lease.
    Many thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Nobody here can tell you who the cheapest is for you because it's different for everybody. You need to get an online quote from all the companies and call the ones that don't offer online quotes. Generally I find brokers more expensive than going direct but they are worth getting a quote from anyway just in case. Basically it's a matter of you putting in the work to find the lowest quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 vegass13

DopeTech wrote: »
    Nobody here can tell you who the cheapest is for you because it's different for everybody. You need to get an online quote from all the companies and call the ones that don't offer online quotes. Generally I find brokers more expensive than going direct but they are worth getting a quote from anyway just in case. Basically it's a matter of you putting in the work to find the lowest quote.
    Thank you for the quick reply. I dont mind that and i sure will check all brokers. What i am interested in what the best pairs(car/insurance) are. What insurance is generally cheaper under all circumstances - old vintage car, green eco car, petrol, diesel, commercial car. Just any advice for someone getting their first insurance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again for your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,115 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Something that very few boy racer types own, something with zero desirability for anyone to rob.

Advertisement