Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheltenham 2021 Antepost

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Backing Minella Indo every week with the free bets on PP
    Absolute monster

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

lemush wrote: »
    Won't ever get his ground at the festival? Can't have it soft enough.

True but the race looks awful and if we've another wet festival by Thursday the hill will be sludge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Has altior much to be scared of with notebook lads ?

I was impressed!

Might give altior a nice tow to the last :D

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Rabbit Redux

Put The Kettle On has to be value for the Champion Chase at 8/1 in a race where there are question marks over most of the leading players. The 7lb mares allowance gives her a great chance and she loves Cheltenham. Henry De Bromhead has already sent out two Champion Chase winners so he knows exactly what it takes to have her ready for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Will we have any crowds at all at the festival lads do we reckon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

akelly02 wrote: »
    Has altior much to be scared of with notebook lads ?

I was impressed!

Might give altior a nice tow to the last :D

I'm waiting for NRNB to back Notebook. Think he has a massive chance but worried they may bypass the race given his record around Cheltenham. Personally think his lacklustre run in the Arkle had to do with his busy campaign beforehand. One more run around Christmas and then freshen him for the CC might be the plan. At least i hope so. GL

Andrew00 wrote: »

I think most people have too much optimism that vaccines will be ready for December/January. I'd think it'll be April/May at the earliest and with the huge spike expected after Christmas and New Year's I'd say it'll be definitely extremely limited crowds at best, most likely no crowds. Hence why I backed Notebook early! One more run at Christmas and put him away until March, with the sounds of Cheltenham playing in his ears just in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Andrew00 wrote: »

Owners and maybe a few after that but nothing much. End of Q2 early Q3 maybe getting back to a semblence of normality. Right now I'll take that

Looking very promising for crowds at festival now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

i got 8/1

prepare for that to be cut into 7/2 fav when he wins the tingle creek!!

ahh these antepost bets seem so good in your head, its the hope that kills ya !

If any of the three you have in that treble don't make it to Cheltenham, does the bet become a double? Or is it classed as a losing bet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

it's a losing bet as I don't think any firms are doing NRNB yet

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

it's a losing bet as I don't think any firms are doing NRNB yet

Correct.

Correct if wrong but didn't firms go NRNB earlier than normal last year?

If any of the three you have in that treble don't make it to Cheltenham, does the bet become a double? Or is it classed as a losing bet?

Loser

Slattsy wrote: »
    Correct.

Later slatts
    Was March before some did

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Loser

A bit harsh. I was only asking for advice!

A bit harsh. I was only asking for advice!

:D

I was talking about my bet

Later slatts
    Was March before some did

You sure Rog? Could have sworn the big lads went NRNB on the championship races earlier.

Coneygree wrote: »
    You sure Rog? Could have sworn the big lads went NRNB on the championship races earlier.

They did for championship and Ryanair but was March before you could get NRNB on for supreme RSA etc

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Skybet, Bet365 and Paddy's were all NRNB all races by a month before festival just gone

Skybet, Bet365 and Paddy's were all NRNB all races by a month before festival just gone

Which is wayyyy later than usual

• Advertisement

Christ my memory is shocking, could have sworn they went NRNB on all races much sooner. There's some hope yet for antepost betting.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭famagusta

Coneygree wrote:

Ya some of the championship races were early, even january for some bookies iirc, however, the other races were very very late last year for some reason, bet365 were one of the first but way later than the year before

I knew they were either earlier or later. Haha

I knew they were either earlier or later. Haha

Slatts backs both horses on a 2 horse race!!

Slatts backs both horses on a 2 horse race!!

Each way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

I think Botox Has could be a decent horse. I've thrown a fiver each way at 66/1 for the Champion Hurdle. Looks to be an open race and he could shorten if he wins well at Newbury on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Correct.

Yes, correct.

Not sure what thread for this, but Front View was one of my strong ap bets last year after his eyecatching second at Thurles in February. I left work immediately and ran straight over to Lads as they biggest for the Martin Pipe. I think he lost a shoe so had some excuses.

He'll only be out for a wee walk in the park today - but keep an eye on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

By next weekend well all be looking at the Champion Chase and Stayers Hurdle markets , saying ffs they were both 7/1 last week. They are 2 of the worst races in competitive terms . Chacun may turn up to make it a race, but all the rest are miles behind Altior if he gets within 1/2 stone of his form. Paisley is miles clear if he is even close to right (Next Destination is a big treat but he wont be running according to Nichols).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

aidankkk wrote: »
    By next weekend well all be looking at the Champion Chase and Stayers Hurdle markets , saying ffs they were both 7/1 last week. They are 2 of the worst races in competitive terms . Chacun may turn up to make it a race, but all the rest are miles behind Altior if he gets within 1/2 stone of his form. Paisley is miles clear if he is even close to right (Next Destination is a big treat but he wont be running according to Nichols).

Agree with the latter but have my doubts about the former, an 11 year old on the back of an injury, over 2 miles, be some achievement.

Advertisement