Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rationale behind discount for a named driver

Options
  • 29-10-2020 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,129 ✭✭✭✭

I was getting some quotes today and for every quote i was told that my insurance would be cheaper if I added a named driver to the policy. Does anybody know the reasoning behind this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you have a named driver, you're more likely to do drive sharing on long journeys or have a 'designated driver' on nights out. Which reduces the risk of driver fatigue and/or driving with a drink or two onboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

I was getting some quotes today and for every quote i was told that my insurance would be cheaper if I added a named driver to the policy. Does anybody know the reasoning behind this?

What coylemj said !!

Also the insurer will cross sell the additional driver a policy to include your existing policy as their discount so win win for your insurer.

Advertisement