Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ring doorbell alternatives

Options
  • 26-10-2020 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Ring doorbell seems v good, but looking for cheaper alternative.
    Don't need video, app linkup etc. Just something so people can ring from the gate & a 'buzzer' in the house that chimes/rings.
    Any recommendations please? Or better off buying a Ring, given they're not expensive & presumably tried & trusted?
    Thanks,
    Pa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi again all,

Anyone able to give any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Pa.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Did you check the likes of Argos?
    We bought a cheap doorbell that you just stick on the door or gate, and there are 2 receivers you plug in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Oink wrote: »
    Did you check the likes of Argos?
    We bought a cheap doorbell that you just stick on the door or gate, and there are 2 receivers you plug in the house.

Cheers, will get one from Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭looksee

My only experience of Ring was one that I bought that didn't work so it got replaced and that one didn't work either. So I got the electrician in and got the wire reconnected/fixed/whatever, which was in fact cheaper than the Ring.

Advertisement