Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post pics of your watches Part II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,734 ✭✭✭✭unkel

New arrival, sunburst blue dial, yeah! A real quality Seiko. Anyone know what it is? :-)

531265.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

unkel wrote: »
    Anyone know what it is? :-)

.......For sale in 3 months :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Well wear, nice looking watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

A blue dial Prospex diver.

Fitz II wrote: »
    .......For sale in 3 months :pac::pac::pac::pac:

In 3 seconds if I got the right offer :pac:

Want a solar panel with that or a Tesla? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭dakar

Anyone know what it is? :-)

Almost in focus?

• Advertisement

SRPC93J1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

New arrival, sunburst blue dial, yeah! A real quality Seiko. Anyone know what it is? :-)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=531265&stc=1&d=160415553

SBDC065/SPB083J1? Lovely looking watch it's caught my eye a few times.

Ryath wrote: »
    SBDC065/SPB083J1? Lovely looking watch it's caught my eye a few times.

Cigar for you, Sir!

SBDC065 aka SPB083J1 aka MM200 aka "Marine Master 200" aka "Baby Marine Master" aka "Great Blue Hole"

no fan of the last description, but it does have a Japanese ring to it :p

Fabulous watch, imho the best of what Seiko can do, this side of the Grand Seiko brand

Here's a good, short, review

• Registered Users Posts: 19,669 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

My brother bought an 80's era Seiko dive watch. His sweat was unbelievably corrosive - so much so the back of that watch was corroded and pitted badly. Then the thing leaked while he was just skin diving. I Still have the incredibly thin Longines analog/digital he bought after that and it too became badly corroded and leaked.

Longines-A.jpg

Longines-B.jpg

Did someone say chrono?

531344.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

^ I'm a sucker for a two register chrono :)

One of the watches I've had the longest, with the watch I've had the shortest.

531510.jpg

Both Longines, from 1988 and 1916, same size pretty much, very different in style, materials and tech.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Shamrock92

This has taken all the wrist time of late for me.

531692.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭micks_address

Seiko mod back from build

PXL-20201104-161755678.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Where did you send it, Mick?

Where did you send it, Mick?

16045068571263963833324927976447.jpg

PXL-20201104-161929084.jpg
    mapbox add geojson

• Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Just on Seiko mods, some very nice ones here:

https://www.instagram.com/dlw.watches/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I really need to find the time to take mine apart and rebuild it. Stupid hands get bound up somehow even though they clear each other so I'm assuming I messed up on installing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Seiko mod back from build

That looks class Mick fair play, I'm glad Neil worked out well - very tidy job by the look of things.

david wrote: »
    That looks class Mick fair play, I'm glad Neil worked out well - very tidy job by the look of things.

Thanks yes happy out with it and cheers for the referral. I had a nh36 movement snd signed crown but he was unable to use due to date wheel misalignment. Doesn't really change the cosmetics.. love how it wears on the jubilee..the saphire bezel insert looks great as does the coin edged bezel brushed chapter ring. Mercedes hands just set it off. Close to a batman I'll ever get :)

IMG-20201104-WA0006.jpg
    PXL-20201104-170308177.jpg
    IMG-20201104-WA0004.jpg

Yeah it’s a pain the NH36 date wheel aligned for 3pm. I think a black day date wheel would look class on that when you go for the movement swap.

Haven’t seen one of those sapphire inserts in the flesh yet, was tempted to get an oem Seiko style one for my SKX - any lume shots?

• Advertisement

That handset is a touch of class, best combo I’ve seen with the batman style bezel. I love the blue lollipop second hand.

david wrote: »
    Yeah it’s a pain the NH36 date wheel aligned for 3pm. I think a black day date wheel would look class on that when you go for the movement swap.

Haven’t seen one of those sapphire inserts in the flesh yet, was tempted to get an oem Seiko style one for my SKX - any lume shots?

PXL-20201104-204926936-NIGHT.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Looks great mick.

I'm surprised he didn't just change the date wheel on the NH36, its a pretty common issue

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    Looks great mick.

I'm surprised he didn't just change the date wheel on the NH36, its a pretty common issue

I've a spare nh36 and signed crown for it if anyone has any use for it..

OceanX Sharkmaster Professional SMS1012

Clearly a Rolex 126660 Sea-Dweller Deepsea "James Cameron" homage, but a proper dive watch in its own right. Wanted one for a long time. For a variety of reasons. Like the looks of it and the tool aspect of the watch. And wanted to see what a massive, heavy and very tall watch would be like on my wrist. Was afraid it would be too much, but I was wrong. I feel a watch of this size suits me well. Perhaps the size of this and its ruggedness suits me better than a smaller more delicate but arguably more beautiful, less tooly but more shiny watch like the Yachtmaster 40 blue that is my grail watch. Any thoughts? Will I have to dig even deeper now to get the Rolex I want? :D

531930.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I definitely don't... How much are you looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    I definitely don't... How much are you looking for

2nd in line for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭saccades

IMG_20200905_105719094.jpg

Dad's skx031 from 1997. Going to Neil for either a refurb or restore. Along with a skx009 that's getting a mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

I had a nh36 movement snd signed crown but he was unable to use due to date wheel misalignment. Doesn't really change the cosmetics..

Send it back to him and get him to pop the day wheel off your 7s26 and put it on your NH36 and the problem is sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

See post above it's an easy fix, don't sell your movement and crown.

Advertisement