Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tuskrus, Vol. II

• 14-10-2020 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭

Another walrus. You know the score!

Categories:

A song with no lyrics
    Just as it says on the tin... I'll accept something with very very few lyrics if absolutely necessary.

A song from an animated movie
    There are some absolute beauties that come out of these movies, and some songs from movies you wouldn't expect that I've even put into my regular rotation. I wanna hear moar!

A song that will make me cry
    It could be because of the lyrics, it could be the music, it could be because the whole song is complete garbage. Whatever you got, I wanna listen.

A song that will get my blood flowing
    Some might call these workout songs. I call them BELTERS. Gimme something that's gonna get me wanting to hop around the place like a drunko in a disco.

A song with some incredible drums
    I like a good drum. I LOVE a good military drum beat, if you go that route, your in for a winner. Smash my face in with your drumsticks.

A song with a fantabulous solo
    Solo? Guitar? Banjo? Keyboard? Tin Whistle? I'm down for whatever.

Let's have SAX
    I have a serious obsession with good sax music. Though I find it hard to discover more a lot of the time. Pls hlp!

Like a mashed potato
    Gimme a mash up. I LOVE mashups. Especially ones that cross genres you'd never expect to combine well. Few mashups, be grand.

I'm looking for some new music I'll hopefully never have heard, so top of the chart, popular songs are unlikely to score well this time around.

Thank you and godspeed.

EDIT: Last time, I encouraged people to include a snippet of info with each of their songs. I'd love if people would do that again :) ~ sponsored by EN

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,612 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

tusk wrote: »
    A song with no lyrics

...godspeed.
    I see what you did there ;)

Also...
    A song that will make me cry
    It could be because of the lyrics, it could be the music, it could be because the whole song is complete garbage. Whatever you got, I wanna listen
    I might have to repeat a song and give my description again based on what you said last time...
    Jesus christ. I couldn't even finish reading this because that is like the most emotional thing in the world for me. I'm gonna have to go back and listen again to get that from the song :(
    No joke, I just tried to read it again and started choking up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

I'll never be emotionally strong enough to read that!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

IN!

Wow. First entry in already!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Just submitted the best mashup of all time to fixxxer and ectors walrus. Do I dare submit my again :p

Also, for animated movie can I do animated series? If not, it's fine, I have one for the movie too. Same series had a movie too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

How long will you be leaving the sign ups open for Tusk? would love to get an entry in, but I'm up to me eyes at the moment

Rikand wrote: »
    Just submitted the best mashup of all time to fixxxer and ectors walrus. Do I dare submit my again :p

Also, for animated movie can I do animated series? If not, it's fine, I have one for the movie too. Same series had a movie too

It's a brave move Cotton, I wonder will it pay off?

Sure, go ahead with the series :D

phatkev wrote: »
    How long will you be leaving the sign ups open for Tusk? would love to get an entry in, but I'm up to me eyes at the moment

a few weeks at least. No rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Tuskrus.2 - the saga continues.

I'm in.

And then there were two :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'll get thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Should have entries in to you at some stage over the next day or two - some great categories there

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Entries submitted for approval!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

4io5h5.jpg

Entry submitted.

Don't think I've ever been less confident about my submissions. But that might just be the beer talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I just send my nominations.

Difficult to predict, some great categories with wide scope for songs, so I went for some obscure songs.

Thanks for organising tusk.

A song with some incredible drums
    I like a good drum. I LOVE a good military drum beat, if you go that route, your in for a winner. Smash my face in with your drumsticks
    What's your opinion on electronic drumpads?
    EDIT: Last time, I encouraged people to include a snippet of info with each of their songs. I'd love if people would do that again :) ~ sponsored by EN
    Ha ha, just saw the edit. Will do! :D

OK, I've handed over my selection!

200.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Good categories.

I look forward to agonising over the choices.

As always after entering, I'm listening to music now thinking "damn, they're good drums", "oh, is that a sax", "cracking solo" etc etc :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

How long do I have?

fixXxer wrote: »
    How long do I have?

ah no rush. at least a week

up to 12 already. fast goin!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,328 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Just spotted this now, I've been very bad for visiting the main forum recently. I will try to get an entry in tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I am struggling with a few, but hope to send in an entry.

I'll set a provisional close as Sunday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,328 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Deja Boo wrote: »
    I am struggling with a few, but hope to send in an entry.

I'm actually very surprised that it's the drums that has me stumped :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'm about half way there. Not so much stuck but I just have such a large selection for some of the categories I dont know which one to submit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

You gotta delete some messages there tusk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Also how do you feel about 18 min long songs? :D

Advertisement