Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

F1: 2020 Round 6 Spanish GP (See Mod note at Post4)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

He races in the European Le Mans Series too. He's aiming to race at Le Mans next year.

The road to Le Mans series on youtube is worth a watch. He crashed quite a few times in that. Saw a bit of the ELMS race at Paul Ricard. He crashed there early on too. Good job he has loads of money :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

He races in the European Le Mans Series too. He's aiming to race at Le Mans next year.

There's a series of videos on the porsche YouTube channel about his Road to Le Mans, well worth a watch

The road to Le Mans series on youtube is worth a watch. He crashed quite a few times in that. Saw a bit of the ELMS race at Paul Ricard. He crashed there early on too. Good job he has loads of money :D

Great minds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Why are they are putting a huge sticker onto the track moments before the race starts?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,912 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Inquitus wrote: »
    Spain has the hardest selection available

image.jpg

Thanks. I thought there were 5 compounds last year. Have they gotten rid of one compound this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Why are they are putting a huge sticker onto the track moments before the race starts?

I hope they keep it on it. Would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Cool_CM wrote: »

To protect the tyres a little bit :pac:

Love listening to Rosberg, he speaks sense from experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Anyone know what the temp is?

For all the talk about how hot it is no one has said actually how hot it is.

afatbollix wrote: »
    Anyone know what the temp is?

For all the talk about how hot it is no one has said actually how hot it is.

Track temperature was mentioned at 50 degrees not so long ago.

I have to say, I'm actually enjoying Rosberg. Just keeps to the point, and explains alot on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Thanks. I thought there were 5 compounds last year. Have they gotten rid of one compound this year?

Five compounds still - C1, C2, C3, C4, C5!

The C5 was not selected for any of the initial 8 races, as you can imagine it struggles to even last a lap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Currently air 30 °C, track 48 °C.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭This is it

antodeco wrote: »
    I have to say, I'm actually enjoying Rosberg. Just keeps to the point, and explains alot on this.

He's very good

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

This is it wrote: »
    He's very good

Aye his youtube channel is worth a follow.

First corner should be exciting with such a long stretch from the start finish

What a start from Stroll

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Max almost in DRS range.

skipper_G wrote: »
    What a start from Stroll

Just saw his on board there, quality driving just a shame Bottas has drs'd it back now.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

So far Max can match Hamilton. This is great. It’s a pity the track is not more suited to overtaking.

Anyone elses sound gone?

Edit: My fat leg turned off the audio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

2011 wrote: »
    So far Max can match Hamilton. This is great. It’s a pity the track is not more suited to overtaking.

Bottas is starting to creep up on him though

Sounds like every one is managing tyres and managing gaps, not sure if anyone actually wants to pass on track. This is a tyre race

Hamilton pulling away

Vettel under pressure fom behind now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Well this is looking dissapointing....

This is it wrote: »
    Hamilton pulling away

Yes, it was too good to be true. I was hoping that Max’s tyre management would be better than the Mercs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,117 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

needs Kvyat to torpedo Seb and bring safety car out to liven it up

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭seamusk84

This is not the most exciting of races.

We need something to happen....

Hopefully hard compound will work better for Red Bull

• Advertisement

Quite bored now

Advertisement