Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Same As wrote: »
    Sent off in Club Championship game would mean he's suspended for 1st game of next years Club Championship, but not County Championship so he's eligible to play if fit. Couldn't agree more they are inferior without him. If he plays, 15/8 is a wrong price.

Are you sure about this? I'm nearly sure I read in one of the papers he would be out barring a successful appeal.

Funny thing is I actually passed his dad at the weekend.
    Could have asked him if James was available to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Are you sure about this? I'm nearly sure I read in one of the papers he would be out barring a successful appeal.

Funny thing is I actually passed his dad at the weekend.
    Could have asked him if James was available to play.

Yeah I'm certain, 1 match suspensions are applicable to the next match at the same level in the same competition. So he's eligible to play provided he's fit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Few differences of opinion in the wicklow championship this weekend

Arklow priced up @4/6 with boyles and 8/13 pp local bookies have them at 2/5 up against rathnew. Definitely see the 4/6 as some value arklow got to the county final last year quite a young hungry side look to be the second best side in the county again. Rathnew are now a shell of the side that would have been known in recent years 2 goals in injury time scraped them through the last round they also lost their first game out in the championship have the look of a team that are hanging on by a thread nothing for arklow to fear.

St Pat's should be too strong for tinhealy but that's reflected in the prices @1/5

Baltinglass are 8/15 against kilteagan with boyles while they are 1/4 locally. They have won both games they have played so far kilteagan are dogged and it will be a decent battle balto have a bit more about them in the forwards and would expect them to come out on top.

Avondale 1/3 with pp and 1/4 with boyles 1/5 locally dunlavin arent up to the standard at this stage of the championship

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Bar one racing was great there for a few weeks, had all the club matches.
    This week they’ve had none on the app, and tonight only 5 games for this weekend ???

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kilkenny34

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Bar one racing was great there for a few weeks, had all the club matches.
    This week they’ve had none on the app, and tonight only 5 games for this weekend ???

Think they follow PP odds alot of the time,usually you will see a much bigger difference between PP and Bet365 odds.2 weeks ago for Shels and Harriers the total points was 36.5 with PP and 43.5 with Bet365,a massive difference.Finished 38.

• Advertisement

Never mind, bar one have loads of games up now for this weekend!

On a side note: how do you all top up your account without it showing on bank statement? I was using revolut lately, topping up revolut with my AIB Card, then using it to take the money out,

mortgage down the line in a year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

On a side note: how do you all top up your account without it showing on bank statement? I was using revolut lately, topping up revolut with my AIB Card, then using it to take the money out,

I deposited cash in a boylesports shop but upon further investigation it seems like I need to withdraw to a bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭franglan

Anyone spot any odds for intermediate football games with the regular betting shops? Not sure if any of the champs are at knockout stages yet, know betfair/pp did from QF stages onwards last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

franglan wrote: »
    Anyone spot any odds for intermediate football games with the regular betting shops? Not sure if any of the champs are at knockout stages yet, know betfair/pp did from QF stages onwards last year.

Paddypower had odds for the Kerry intermediate football matches from the start.

Don't know about any other counties.

Structure was 4 groups of 4 with 8 to go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

They'll ask to see your Revolut account. This is how I get around it. Open up a paddy power master card. You can load up your paddy power cash card in a shop which links to the master card. You can link the paddy power MasterCard to any betting account. If you're using the PP MasterCard for other bookie accounts make sure to use the PP. account too. For example, put €100 on the card. Use at least €20 on PP account and the rest wherever. If you use it just on Ladbrokes fir example, PP will suspend the card

• Advertisement

They'll ask to see your Revolut account. This is how I get around it. Open up a paddy power master card. You can load up your paddy power cash card in a shop which links to the master card. You can link the paddy power MasterCard to any betting account. If you're using the PP MasterCard for other bookie accounts make sure to use the PP. account too. For example, put €100 on the card. Use at least €20 on PP account and the rest wherever. If you use it just on Ladbrokes fir example, PP will suspend the card

Cheers, mad the lengths you've to go to, has to be an easier way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Paysafe is the one I use. Take the cash out in most garages or shops and ask for a paysafe voucher think the values are 10 25 50 100 200. Can deposit to any online account using the voucher and I just go into the shops to withdraw

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Does anybody have any insight into Meath hurling? I’ve been Kiltale are serious value for an accum at 2/5 but don’t know much about the hurling scene there?

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭dobman88

pablo24 wrote: »
    Does anybody have any insight into Meath hurling? I’ve been Kiltale are serious value for an accum at 2/5 but don’t know much about the hurling scene there?

Thanks in advance!

Wouldnt claim to be very well informed but they're hurling only and definitely the powerhouse imho. They lost to Kildalkey by 2 in their opening game and being drawn in the same group as Kildalkey is rotten luck in itself as Kildalkey and Kiltale would be top 2. Ratoath wont have anywhere near enough to beat them and you should be safe enough to have them in.

Kiltale won 5 in a row 2014-2018. Lost to Kildalkey in the final last year going for 6 in a row.

Austin Stacks are probably worth a few quid this weekend vs Dr Crokes, 13/8 albeit I was hoping for a bit longer than that.

Crokes will be missing a few key players and haven't been firing on all cylinders in their last number of games, whereas Stacks are on a decent run of form having reached the senior Club Championship final. Match is in Tralee on Friday night.

Legion are also probably a bit overpriced at 15/8 vs Rahillys in Killarney on Sunday (Live on RTE) in what really is a 50/50 game, only a bounce of a ball between the teams over the last 3 years. Their last match was a forgettable mauling at the hands of Stacks, but 15/8 is far too big an adjustment in my opinion.

Stacks into 10/11 :eek: hope you got that 13/8. Massive price. Crokes on the wane.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Stacks into 10/11 :eek: hope you got that 13/8. Massive price. Crokes on the wane.

I managed to get some of the 15/8 that was available on the opening show (hope this isn't perceived as after-timing, mods).

Win or lose I'm happy to be on the right side of the odds movement.

Live on TG4 tomorrow night, too :)

I managed to get some of the 15/8 that was available on the opening show (hope this isn't perceived as after-timing, mods).

Win or lose I'm happy to be on the right side of the odds movement.

Live on TG4 tomorrow night, too :)

Yeah I was looking for a bet when I realised it was on telly. Cant be having them at 10/11 though. Shall hope your bet comes in, bonus that it's always great to see the crokes bate

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

dobman88 wrote: »

Still 11/8 with Paddypower

turniphead wrote: »

I'm banned from PP and betfair. Not sure why as I'm a losing punter, not a big gambler and never broke any terms and conditions. Went through a whole process trying to get my account unlocked and they said I'm banned with no possibility of it being overturned so I never check their prices. 11/8 would be a sizeable bet job for me tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Any sites take bets on Senior Camogie matches? Specifically the Cork championship

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    Any sites take bets on Senior Camogie matches? Specifically the Cork championship

Not until it reaches the All Ireland Semi Final/Final stage as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

turniphead wrote: »

Over 30.5 points worth a bet, 5/6 on 365?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Rasputin11 wrote:
    Over 30.5 points worth a bet, 5/6 on 365?

Check the weather forecast. Could have a huge bearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Star rescues stacks. Extra time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Mental game. Donaghy should've seen red for a punch, Burns' red was laughable. Crokes pen near the end was never a foul.

Anyone any idea what a promo balance is with bar one? Since I signed up last month I’ve 0 “free” but then €30 in “promo”, searched it up and down but no idea what it’s for or how I can use it. Doesn’t give the option when you go to place stake

Anyone any idea what a promo balance is with bar one? Since I signed up last month I’ve 0 “free” but then €30 in “promo”, searched it up and down but no idea what it’s for or how I can use it. Doesn’t give the option when you go to place stake

Its a weekly bonus from Tuesday to Tuesday I think you receive 10% of your total stakes as a free net "promo".

What’s the point of it or what can you actually use it for?

pablo24 wrote: »

Thanks in advance!

Kiltale lost by 1. 2-12 to 19. Which means they are out of this years championship.

• Advertisement

What’s the point of it or what can you actually use it for?

Its a free bet,so just use it on anything.Prob best to put it on something thats not odds on as you wont get the free stake back.ie.if you get a 30 euro promo free bet and put it on a 3/1 winner you get 90 added to your available balance.

Advertisement