Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed Valhalla (Vikings)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

The word 'seems' is doing a lot of work in that tweet. I will believe it when I see it.

Markitron wrote: »
    The word 'seems' is doing a lot of work in that tweet. I will believe it when I see it.

Article giving more info
    http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/05/assassins_creed_valhalla_doesnt_use_the_origins_and_odyssey_loot_system

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

At a guess, I'd say you find levels at a base level or your own level, and you upgrade them, but upgrading will require materials, materials which will be scarce and require grinding, but you can buy packs of materials for money as a "timesaver".

Penn wrote: »
    At a guess, I'd say you find levels at a base level or your own level, and you upgrade them, but upgrading will require materials, materials which will be scarce and require grinding, but you can buy packs of materials for money as a "timesaver".

Yea, that article seems to be a bit confused. Lootboxes and gear weren't really the problem in AC:O, it was the XP system and putting storyline quests behind level gates that were the problem.

I know they said they would address this somehow but I don't believe for a second they won't monetise it in some other way instead. As much as I liked Odyssey, I found that stuff really annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

There's half an hour's worth of leaked gameplay footage doing the rounds this evening. At the time of posting, DSOG has it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Taken down now, how was it?

Saw bits of it, combat was similar to Odyssey in that you can map abilities to buttons. It was an early build but I'd say we will get proper gameplay during the Ubisoft Forward showcase on Sunday

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Whats the story with your man leaving?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

I wouldn't say Ashraf leaving will have a huge effect. The game is already practically done at this stage.

• Advertisement

Good to know, as it seemed like it was his baby.

tusk wrote: »
    I wouldn't say Ashraf leaving will have a huge effect. The game is already practically done at this stage.

Yea it is just gonna be months of bug-squashing at this point. Creatively the game is done.
    Good to know, as it seemed like it was his baby.

i dunno, seems like he likes to spread his love around

i dunno, seems like he likes to spread his love around

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 23,085 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Assassin's Creed: The Witcher, by the looks of those leaks.

There was a bang of Velen from the setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

J. Marston wrote: »
    Assassin's Creed: The Witcher, by the looks of those leaks.

There was a bang of Velen from the setting.

I haven't seen so much as a screenshot but surely they should have been aiming for Skellige not Velen

ERG89 wrote: »
    I haven't seen so much as a screenshot but surely they should have been aiming for Skellige not Velen

Skellige was mountainous, whereas Velen was bleak and flat, which is probably closer to medieval England

Watch it here before it gets taken down. Also please note that it's probably an early build
    https://www.joyfreak.com/assassins-creed-valhalla-30-minute-gameplay-leaked.mp4

Skill tree and inventory show up around 27 minutes into video

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Skellige was mountainous, whereas Velen was bleak and flat, which is probably closer to medieval England

Or Offaly.

Or Offaly.

Lol.

Still holding out hope that Ireland shows up in this game at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Lol.

You try to sail West from England and there's just a giant blockade of ships with signs saying "G'way ta f*ck!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Lol.

Without the cringe accents tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭recyclops

Lol.

itll just look the same as the rest of the map really, i hope they make it a tight map that doesnt need hours of pointless crap pumped into it so you get to go everywhere

Heres looking at you Odyssey

recyclops wrote: »
    itll just look the same as the rest of the map really, i hope they make it a tight map that doesnt need hours of pointless crap pumped into it so you get to go everywhere

Heres looking at you Odyssey

Yea. Odyseey's map itself was great, but Ubisoft need to learn the value of an empty space and not put filler content every 10m.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Without the cringe accents tho!

Don't worry, the fella who voiced Shay Cormac is now a waiter! :D

Whatever that was it's been pulled.

I'm guessing it is the leaked footage of a boss fight. It looked very similar to Odyssey, not that that is a bad thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Cheers for posting.

As said above, looks like Odyssey with a different coat, not gonna be any big gameplay breakthroughs. But I loved Odyssey so looking forward to this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭recyclops

Yeah too much like odyssey for my liking. Will grab on sale

• Advertisement
Advertisement